Galley Tour

My husband did on Liberty back in Oct. He is really into food and does most of the cooking in our house. He said it was fine. They had steak or Chicken, a choice of starter, veggie desert. he said the food was good not amazing. He also did the how to make pasta class at Giovanni's he said that was wonderful and the food was amazing. Might be personal taste but he like that tour much better.

Thanks for the info. Was he able to book the pasta making class before the cruise or was it something offered onboard?

He was able to sign up for both onboard. We didn't look before so it could be available. I also don't think either one was sold out on our sailing.

I did the galley tour on my last cruise. I booked it through our dining room waiter who offered us 25% off, so it came to about $26 per person. Not sure if it's the same one that Nemomo3 did as ours was labeled as brunch and had shared apps at the table (cheese, cold cuts, fruit) and a dessert table. We can choose one entree, there were breakfast items as well as meat (we had the Beef Wellington and salmon). Also unlimited champagne, mimosas or fruit punch.

The tour itself was short, probably 10 to 15 min top, and it was just a walk through one of their kitchens watching some of the chefs cook our lunch. The entire experience was about 2 hours including lunch. If you wanted to book this tour just to see how a kitchen on a cruise operates, you may be disappointed as they don't go into a lot of details. However, it was not a bad way to spend a few hours on a sea day. I personally won't book it again, but I also didn't think I got ripped off either doing it for the first time.

Our "tour guide", executive sous chef explaining the bread station

IMG_6358.jpg

Cooking our brunch entrees

IMG_6372.jpg

IMG_6378.jpg

Dessert table

IMG_6379.jpg

We did the galley tour on the sea day last week on our Jewel cruise. As several posters had said, it was offered by the dining room staff the evening before. It was billed as a Galley tour and Champagne brunch. We had 40-50 people sign up for the tour and the group was divided into 3 smaller groups for the tour. Our tour was about 45 minutes and we saw all aspects of the food service operation. Quite an eye opener on how they handle 7,000+ meals a day.

After the tour, we returned to the MDR for brunch. They offered unlimited champagne, mimosas and bellinis. Starters included shrimp cocktail, sushi, fruit plate, antipasti and soup. Entrees included French Toast, Salmon, Beef Wellington and Quiche. and strawberry cheesecake for desert. Many of us ordered multiple starters (sushi and mushroom soup for me).

Being somewhat of a foodie, I found the tour very interesting and the brunch was good. Well worth the $28 fee (and my 10 year old was gratis).

We did the galley tour on the sea day last week on our Jewel cruise. As several posters had said, it was offered by the dining room staff the evening before. It was billed as a Galley tour and Champagne brunch. We had 40-50 people sign up for the tour and the group was divided into 3 smaller groups for the tour. Our tour was about 45 minutes and we saw all aspects of the food service operation. Quite an eye opener on how they handle 7,000+ meals a day.

After the tour, we returned to the MDR for brunch. They offered unlimited champagne, mimosas and bellinis. Starters included shrimp cocktail, sushi, fruit plate, antipasti and soup. Entrees included French Toast, Salmon, Beef Wellington and Quiche. and strawberry cheesecake for desert. Many of us ordered multiple starters (sushi and mushroom soup for me).

Being somewhat of a foodie, I found the tour very interesting and the brunch was good. Well worth the $28 fee (and my 10 year old was gratis).

Wow, 45 minutes? That's so much better then the 15 mins we got. I guess it's dependent on each ship's crew on how they want to run this tour.