How to Choose a Restaurant?

Hi! I've been on 4 cruises but I've always stuck to the main dining room for almost every meal (my first cruise I did the buffet for breakfast and lunch since I didn't know you could eat in the main dining room for those meals too) but I have never done any specialty dining. Most cruises I took have only had 1 or 2 specialty dining so I was fine with the complimentary main dining for everything. However, the next cruise I'm taking on the Allure of the Seas has like 25 restaurants! I'd like to try some of the specialty like Rita's or Giovanni's, maybe even 150 Park Central, but... I also really like the options in main dining, so I'm curious how you choose what night to go? I'd like to go depending on the menus. Are the menus in the specialty restaurants the same every day of the trip so that you can go whenever or do they change daily? Additionally, can you find out in advance what dining room menus will be so you can decide which night you will want to opt for specialty dining? In my experience, it's only been that day that they post the evening's menu.

Hi! I've been on 4 cruises but I've always stuck to the main dining room for almost every meal (my first cruise I did the buffet for breakfast and lunch since I didn't know you could eat in the main dining room for those meals too) but I have never done any specialty dining. Most cruises I took have only had 1 or 2 specialty dining so I was fine with the complimentary main dining for everything. However, the next cruise I'm taking on the Allure of the Seas has like 25 restaurants! I'd like to try some of the specialty like Rita's or Giovanni's, maybe even 150 Park Central, but... I also really like the options in main dining, so I'm curious how you choose what night to go? I'd like to go depending on the menus. Are the menus in the specialty restaurants the same every day of the trip so that you can go whenever or do they change daily? Additionally, can you find out in advance what dining room menus will be so you can decide which night you will want to opt for specialty dining? In my experience, it's only been that day that they post the evening's menu.

On the Allure there are interactive Wayfarer screens in all of the elevator lobbies. "Everything" is available on those screens, including the menu for that day in the Main Dining Room, and the menus for each specialty venue. If you want to know more than that day's menu, you can ask at the desk of any of the restaurants and they should have the MDR menus.

The specialty restaurants are usually set menus, you can see them on the RCL site. Treat yourself!

I saw some online but they said "sample" so I didn't know if that meant they were the exact menus or just an example of what items could be. Additionally, are the menus at the specialty restaurants the same every day or do they change daily like the Main Dining Rooms?

The menus in the specialty restaurants are the same every day.

The best way I've found to see the daily menus for the MDR is to do a search here on CC. That is how I found the menus for my HOS sailing...

I've never loved the first/last night menu in the MDR, so if we do a specialty restaurant, we usually do it one of those nights...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I saw some online but they said "sample" so I didn't know if that meant they were the exact menus or just an example of what items could be. Additionally, are the menus at the specialty restaurants the same every day or do they change daily like the Main Dining Rooms?

They are the same every day like a restaurant at home.