Drink Offers after you board?

Truesoldier

Hi,

This is our first NCL cruise and we are wondering if there are any drink offers (such as a mini drink package or the likes) offered after you board. This will probably be the last trip for awhile with our eldest son as he will be leaving for the Marine Corps shortly after the cruise is over. He is only 18 and we know he can have beer and wine if we approve of it, but we thought it would be nice if they had a small package so he can have some and maybe we could save a little money. I have heard of the bucket of beer being basically 6 for the price of 5 so that might be an option as well.

Any information would be great. Thanks in advance.

Where is your cruise to? If it's a European cruise, an 18-year old can purchase the Corks & Caps package and have unlimited beer and wine.

If you're going to Alaska or Hawaii, an 18-year old can't have any alcohol at all.

But for other US itineraries (I guess this is most likely your situation), the beer & wine waiver is available, but no unlimited packages, not even a mini-package. You already know about beer buckets, and there are also wine packages called Viva Vino where you buy 4, 6, or 8 bottles at a discounted price. An 18 year old is not supposed to drink liquor on board, but if you want you can purchase 1-liter bottles of vodka, whiskey, gin, etc. for the cabin with mixers (call NCL and ask about a bar set-up). It's expensive but it works out a lot cheaper than the bar prices on board.

Apart from that, the only other discount that comes to mind is the drink of the day, but your son will not be allowed to order it himself.

Apart from that, the only other discount that comes to mind is the drink of the day, but your son will not be allowed to order it himself.

Seems crazy that this fella is old enough to enlist and risk his life for his country by not allowed to have beer. ugh! But, bravo to him...and God bless.

Although I can't answer your question, I wanted to say THANK YOU to your son for his service. May God keep him safe!

Thank you for your thanks. He is a great young man who is destined for great things. We are very proud of him.

Where is your cruise to? If it's a European cruise, an 18-year old can purchase the Corks & Caps package and have unlimited beer and wine.

Thanks for the information. We are headed to the Mexican Rivera on the 2nd of April.

Seems crazy that this fella is old enough to enlist and risk his life for his country by not allowed to have beer. ugh! But, bravo to him...and God bless.

Well if worst comes to worst we will just buy him a beer when he wants one via the waiver. He is a great young man and we have the utmost confidence that he is going to do great things. He truly is a born leader full of charisma and smarts to boot. I have to give him a hard time on occasion as I am a 12 year Army vet that was medical discharged after injuries in Iraq (lucky enough to still be intact and walking under my own power) and he ribs me back that if I was a Marine I would have avoided harm (lol).

Thank you to your son. Even with the signed waiver your son won't be able to buy the beer buckets. Unless that has changed you had to be 21 to purchase buckets.

Thanks for the information. We contacted NCL to see if there are any changes to policy. I will let you all know what I find out.

Although I can't answer your question, I wanted to say THANK YOU to your son for his service. May God keep him safe!

Thank you. It truly means a lot to us. He is a very determined young man and has been since the day he was born. He was a week early. We went to the hospital when my DW was feeling ill and he was bound and determined to enter our world. His heart rate was dropping so they felt the need to do an emergency c-section. When he was pulled from his mother the doctor noticed the little guy (who is now 6'2") was gripping the imbecilic cord. The doctor said the stubborn little man was bound and determined that jan 14th was going to be his b-day and he has been like that ever since.

He can drink if you sign the waiver. There are no mini drink packages and being under 21, I don't think he's eligible for the drink packages anyway. But there are the buckets of beer, there's a drink of the day every day (a $10 drink on sale for $8). They also have various tastings on board like margarita, martini, and mojito tastings. Also, if he likes wine you can bring on as many bottles of wine as you want; you just pay a $15 corkage fee per bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums