Cozumel Nachi-Cocom or Mr. Sancho's

marcyjane

There will be a taxi line just outside of the port; there will be a board with the fares to popular tourist spots, including Nachi, posted. There is almost always an expediter working the line who speaks English. The base fare of about $17 covers up to 4 passengers in the cab, so pair up with others from your roll call (or even in the line) and save $$ :cool:

Thanks JohninDC. I believe I was thinking of Costa Maya (back in 2007 anyway) where we walked out of the port/gate area about 100 yards to taxis that were cheaper. Those taxis didn't pay the fee to get inside the gate, so they didn't cost as much. However on return trips they could drop you off inside the gate.

We definitely prefer Nachi more. They only allow 135 people in there and they don't crowd the beach with chairs. The food, drinks, and service is great. We love being able to just sit under our palapa and have great service. The have a brand new beach bar as well as new lockers and showers. The pool and pool bar is always nice.

We were just at Nachi last week and LOVED it. I'd been to Mr. Sancho's on previous cruises and found it to be a little too crowded for my taste (I'm a 28-year-old woman, for what it's worth). I thought the food was excellent at Nachi because it wasn't the standard fare Americanized Mexican. Yes, you could get your tacos and enchiladas, but we asked our waiter for recommendations and enjoyed some of the best seafood I've had in a while.

This makes me so happy. I just talked my friend into agreeing to a lazy day at Nachi. The idea of q quiet not crowded beach sounds wonderful. She loves seafood so that sounds great for her. Neither of us are BIG eaters, would rather have better quality and less than a ton of so/so food.

another question for y'all. we are booked already at Nachi. Are there lockers there or what do you do with your stuff while in water? thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

photos of new lockers in the photo gallery of the updated website for Nachi Cocom.

Is it safe to drink/use ice at Mr Sanchos?

All of the popular tourist spots on Cozumel use purified water for ice & cooking; stick to bottled water if you want to drink water instead of mixed drinks, beer or sodas.

That said, on my last stop there might have been some bad ice in that 12th margarita that made me feel very woozy ;)

Good advice here. Can anyone recommend how far in advance to book Nachi? We don't cruise until next January, so I'm sure now would be waaaay too early to reserve 2 spots, but should it be several months? Weeks? Thanks in advance [emoji4]

we just booked for August 2018.

Good advice here. Can anyone recommend how far in advance to book Nachi? We don't cruise until next January, so I'm sure now would be waaaay too early to reserve 2 spots, but should it be several months? Weeks? Thanks in advance [emoji4]

I booked Nachi last February! So 14 months ago about

I was looking at both of these spots and I see on Sanchos website it says this: We don't mix our All Inclusive Guests with Pay-As-You-Go customers.

Does this mean All incl guests are in a seprate, more private area? How do they separate the 2 groups with use of the pool and beach area?. We'd like a little less of a crowd

Do any of these have a sandy rock free beach? We have always gone to Paradise Beach but a couple weeks ago when we were there it was so rocky. Even with water shoes it was difficult to enter the water. Ended up at the pool.

Do any of these have a sandy rock free beach? We have always gone to Paradise Beach but a couple weeks ago when we were there it was so rocky. Even with water shoes it was difficult to enter the water. Ended up at the pool.

Nice sand at both - there have even been some reviews of Nachi complaining that the sand was "too soft"? :confused: