A kid with special needs?

hbooden

Hi you guys! I have my first carnival cruise scheduled with a girlfriend this September...but I love the fact that carnival ships have adjoining rooms and am thinking about doing a cruise with the kids sometimes.

My youngest (would be at least 8 by cruise) has some issues. He's loud and a little silly (long story acts autistic sometimes but he's not) anyhoo...anyone have experience with a kid like this on a cruise? Kids club? Main dining room? All 3 of my boys are great but I don't want to be that family if that's how it is on carnival. [emoji175] any experiences would be great to hear!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As the parent of a special needs adult (now 28) who has been on every cruise with me since she was 7, I hear your concerns. We just completed cruise #21 on Carnival. Contact Carnival's Special Needs Dept. They will work with you, contacting the kid's clubs, making special muster drill arrangements, diet if needed, etc. When you board, go to the kid's club and meet with the counselors and explain your child's needs. They are great! The waiters in the dining room are also great at distracting/entertaining children. Bring what you need to keep your child's attention - coloring books, iPod with EarPods, movies with EarPods, ipad, etc. so you won't disturb the others in the dining room. You can also ask for a table just for your family, which is what we do each and every cruise. (done through Special Needs Dept.)

Kids like to have fun when on cruises let him enjoy himself as long as he is not tantruming out you know hitting, kicking, screaming, etc

If he is then pull him from the situation calm him down and then go back

kids are allowed to have fun to :-)

As the parent of a special needs adult (now 28) who has been on every cruise with me since she was 7, I hear your concerns. We just completed cruise #21 on Carnival. Contact Carnival's Special Needs Dept. They will work with you, contacting the kid's clubs, making special muster drill arrangements, diet if needed, etc. When you board, go to the kid's club and meet with the counselors and explain your child's needs. They are great! The waiters in the dining room are also great at distracting/entertaining children. Bring what you need to keep your child's attention - coloring books, iPod with EarPods, movies with EarPods, ipad, etc. so you won't disturb the others in the dining room. You can also ask for a table just for your family, which is what we do each and every cruise. (done through Special Needs Dept.)

This is so what I was looking for! I think I am most concerned about potential kids club and dinners. I didn't even think about contacting their special needs dept at all! Thank you [emoji175]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums