Summit - Engine Trouble

emjayel56

HI there, anyone else hear that the Summit has been held up in Cozumel with engine trouble since Monday? It's been chartered for 3 weeks with different music themes and I just got off it Saturday but heard it turned around and has had problems in Cozumel. Curious if anyone knows as I have another cruise on her this Saturday.

Just checked out Cozumel web cam at 1:30 am March 9 and I think Summit is still docked in Cozumel showing a ship with the X on the funnel stack so I'm assuming its Summit according to its schedule should of left Cozumel at 11:00 pm March 7 heading for Key West for March 10 arrival hope its nothing serious seeing were on her in 3 weeks not to mention people boarding this Sat

Yes Summit has been moored in Cozumel since Monday with propulsion problems however I spoke to a friend onboard and the Captain announced the problem is 80 percent fixed and they will set sail today for Ft Lauderdale arriving as scheduled. Hopefully the Saturday cruise will depart on time. Interesting this can't be found on Celebrity website or anywhere else as of yet.

Yes Summit has been moored in Cozumel since Monday with propulsion problems however I spoke to a friend onboard and the Captain announced the problem is 80 percent fixed and they will set sail today for Ft Lauderdale arriving as scheduled. Hopefully the Saturday cruise will depart on time. Interesting this can't be found on Celebrity website or anywhere else as of yet.

You cannot be surprised that it isn't mentioned on the Celebrity website....

Bad news is NOT news over there at Dysfunctionality Central....

according to its schedule should of left Cozumel at 11:00 pm March 7 heading for Key West for March 10 arrival hope its nothing serious seeing were on her in 3 weeks not to mention people boarding this Sat
The schedule was to have been:-

Sat 4 March - Fort Lauderdale

Sun 5 March - At sea

Mon 6 March - Belize City

Tue 7 March - Cozumel

Wed 8 March - At sea

Thu 9 March - At sea

Fri 10 March - Freeport

Sat 11 March - Fort Lauderdale

Marine Traffic says that she reached Cozumel from Fort Lauderdale in the early evening of Mon 6 March, so it seems like they never got as far as Belize City and presumably will now have to go straight back to Fort Lauderdale.

The schedule was to have been:-

Sat 4 March - Fort Lauderdale

Sun 5 March - At sea

Mon 6 March - Belize City

Tue 7 March - Cozumel

Wed 8 March - At sea

Thu 9 March - At sea

Fri 10 March - Freeport

Sat 11 March - Fort Lauderdale

Marine Traffic says that she reached Cozumel from Fort Lauderdale in the early evening of Mon 6 March, so it seems like they never got as far as Belize City and presumably will now have to go straight back to Fort Lauderdale.

That's correct so the captain opted to skip Belize they went straight to Cozumel on Monday for repairs and expected to depart today for Ft. Lauderdale. Since the propulsion is working on 80 percent my understanding is that they will skip Freeport but not 100% sure of that.

My husband and I along with some friends are supposed to sail Saturday, on the Rock and Romance cruise. We're feeling a little nervous at this point!

I just got off flower power on Saturday on this ship and was supposed to go with my friend this Saturday on Rock & Romance but I had to cancel due to work. He is still going. It will be fine It's a beautiful ship, the Captain is fantastic and the crew is wonderful. Even though they are stuck in Cozumel since Monday the current passengers are having non-stop fun, nobody is complaining. So just go have fun! Wish I was going.

I just got off flower power on Saturday on this ship and was supposed to go with my friend this Saturday on Rock & Romance but I had to cancel due to work. He is still going. It will be fine It's a beautiful ship, the Captain is fantastic and the crew is wonderful. Even though they are stuck in Cozumel since Monday the current passengers are having non-stop fun, nobody is complaining. So just go have fun! Wish I was going.

I think they "are getting nervous" because there have been times in the past with "engine troubles" causing cruises to be cancelled, not saying Celebrity would downplay the problem...but hope for the best!

Last I heard they are scheduled to leave at 1 pm today. We shall see.

I would imagine that's because it's a charter that has a full schedule of entertainment. The demo is different than the typical Celebrity crowd so the complaints are quieter than they otherwise would be.

Celebrity Summit was forced to sail at a reduced speed due to issues with the ship’s propulsion system. We have been working to resolve this issue, with technicians and engineers flown in to Cozumel to make the necessary repairs. Due to this, Summit remained in Cozumel all day Wednesday and will depart on Thursday, March 9. Because of the later departure, and in order to ensure we conclude this cruise on schedule, Summit will need to bypass Grand Bahama Island,Bahamas and instead spend a day at sea to return to Port Everglades as scheduled on Saturday, March 11.

Celebrity Summit was forced to sail at a reduced speed due to issues with the ship’s propulsion system. We have been working to resolve this issue, with technicians and engineers flown in to Cozumel to make the necessary repairs. Due to this, Summit remained in Cozumel all day Wednesday and will depart on Thursday, March 9. Because of the later departure, and in order to ensure we conclude this cruise on schedule, Summit will need to bypass Grand Bahama Island,Bahamas and instead spend a day at sea to return to Port Everglades as scheduled on Saturday, March 11.

Thanks for the update Celebrity... so will the 3/11 Rock & Romance Cruise depart as scheduled?

When a ship is stranded at a port for such a long period, are the passengers free to come and go from the ship during the duration? Do they announce a revised departure time?

It can vary, however, if it is more than 24 hours, I would imagine that the cruise line would announce a revised all on board time and go from there.