Soap, shampoo, conditioner on Star Princess

I_Luv_To_Travel

First time sailing with Princess and very excited. I know a boring question but wondering how the bathroom amenities are provided. Is it a pump bottle which a lot of hotels are using thes days or individual soap, shampoo and conditioner?

I really love a cake of soap rather than these pump bottles so will bring my own if Princess have gone with the bottles.

Oh and it's not a suite or anything fancy just a basic cabin.

First time sailing with Princess and very excited. I know a boring question but wondering how the bathroom amenities are provided. Is it a pump bottle which a lot of hotels are using thes days or individual soap, shampoo and conditioner?

I really love a cake of soap rather than these pump bottles so will bring my own if Princess have gone with the bottles.

Only been on one Princess cruise, thus far and it was the pump bottles mounted in the shower for soap & shampoo.

I plan on bringing my own on our next cruise.

I bring my own Dove soap bar (don't care for the blue gel they provide in a pump), I don't like their shampoo (also in a pump), it's a shampoo/conditioner combo (I think), but it does not condition anything. I think they do provide a tiny bar of soap, at least for the sink, so it's possible they provide 2, but I can't recall. If you want more, you can always ask for extras.

I choose to pack my own shampoo and conditioner in 3 oz travel containers and bring my bar of soap.

A search revealed a few threads on this question, here is one......

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2429254&highlight=shampoo

There's also usually a tube of hand lotion (2 oz.). Replaced as needed. DH told our steward on one of our cruises how much he liked the lotion and 10 tubes magically appeared in our cabin.:hearteyes:

The soap is a round disk and will be replaced as needed or requested.

I use the shampoo/conditioner and bring my own conditioner. The conditioner part of the shampoo/conditioner isn't very good or someone forgot to add it.:confused:

The shower gel is OK. DH uses the disk of soap...he doesn't like shower gel for some reason (any shower gel).

The liquid soap in the shower is pretty useless. I recommend to bring your favourite toiletries from home.

Agree with you, bring our own, however in a pinch, you can wash your socks and scivies with it. ;p

Cori