Beverage Package

cefh

We are new to Oceania and I've been following the beverage package threads with interest, trying to work out it we would benefit from them. My husband will have one drink in the bar (beer or champagne) then max. three glasses of wine with dinner. I will have either a beer or cocktail in the bar and one or two glasses of wine with dinner. We wouldn't drink alcohol at all during the day. Do you think it's worth it for either of us to get the package, and if so should we go with the basic or prestige? Thanks for any input.

I agree with sitraveler, but considering the information that you gave us I think that the more pertinent reason not to choose the House Select (Basic) Package is that it only covers mealtimes i.e during those times while you are sitting at the table in a restaurant or eating Room Service in your cabin.

beverage-packages.jpg

Only the Prestige Package covers service in the Bars or in any of the Lounges.

Thank you! Really helpful information. I liked the idea of knowing upfront how much our drink bills would be and then not having to think about it during the cruise, but I think you are right - it doesn't make sense to get either of the packages for the amount we drink.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for this link. Very informative as we are on Riviera for the first time on the 26th.

We're on that cruise (Miami to Barcelona and then on to Athens). See you at the "meet and greet."

Depending much more on the type of drink than the number, the Prestige Package can be an absolute bargain at $60/day, which includes the 18% tip.

Just choose better spirits and double shots (the singles are only about 1 oz while truly classic cocktails call for a minimum of 1.5-2.0 oz.) That said, a top shelf margarita made with El Tesoro Reposado and Cointreau (ask for fresh lime juice instead of the citrus mixer) would easily run $30/drink.

If you're headed to Athens, do know that you can ask to break the package purchase into the two cruise segments. Thus you may want the deal for the TA with sea days but not for the port intensive Med.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

"the Prestige Package can be an absolute bargain at $60/day, which includes the 18% tip".
Quite right, and the included gratuity makes this is one of the few true examples of "the more that you drink, the more money you will save" (y)

What%27s%20Your%20Flavor_0.jpg

We usually have a glass or two of champers or wine at lunch if on board,( in Cadiz will be in a Tapas bar) pre dinner cocktails, 3or 4 glasses of wine , and maybe a brandy or such like , so the package works for us and it just means one has paid and the job is done, no need to consider prices just enjoy ones self.

We have found the Prestige Package to be a great deal for me as I like to have a Kir Royal before and possibly after dinner. I prefer the Montaudon Champagne, which is about $15.50 per glass. Add a couple of glasses of wine with dinner, plus gratuity and it's a "no brainer" for me. DH on the other hand drinks mainly beer and the 2 for 1 at Happy Hour works great for him with a glass of wine at dinner. We also bring a few bottles of wine on board for him to enjoy in our cabin. Also, when we were on the Marina in 2014, there were some exclusions on the 2 for 1 during Happy Hour. Not sure what they were or if they still do this, but just a bit more info to consider.

Edited by SweetPease
additional info

We are new to Oceania and I've been following the beverage package threads with interest, trying to work out it we would benefit from them. My husband will have one drink in the bar (beer or champagne) then max. three glasses of wine with dinner. I will have either a beer or cocktail in the bar and one or two glasses of wine with dinner. We wouldn't drink alcohol at all during the day. Do you think it's worth it for either of us to get the package, and if so should we go with the basic or prestige? Thanks for any input.

Well with tip the cham will run $20 and the beer 8.. the 3 wines will run about 35 to 60 with dinner.

It your call also consider the length of the cruise Both parties dont have to get the same package or any,

We're on that cruise (Miami to Barcelona and then on to Athens). See you at the "meet and greet."

Depending much more on the type of drink than the number, the Prestige Package can be an absolute bargain at $60/day, which includes the 18% tip.

Just choose better spirits and double shots (the singles are only about 1 oz while truly classic cocktails call for a minimum of 1.5-2.0 oz.) That said, a top shelf margarita made with El Tesoro Reposado and Cointreau (ask for fresh lime juice instead of the citrus mixer) would easily run $30/drink.

If you're headed to Athens, do know that you can ask to break the package purchase into the two cruise segments. Thus you may want the deal for the TA with sea days but not for the port intensive Med.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Greetings

We are also on the Miami-Barcelona leg. Does the Prestige Package include all the top shelf liquors?

Good Sailing

Tom

Greetings

We are also on the Miami-Barcelona leg. Does the Prestige Package include all the top shelf liquors?

Good Sailing

Tom

There is always at least one true Champagne, and otherwise everything is included except those Louis XIII type cognacs and top end single malt scotch.

You will be very pleased with the selection.