Self-Serve beer station

KimmieTN

I just read about the self-serve beer stations on board. I've never seen this on board as much as I have cruised. I read it was a 14 ounce pour, but I've not seen a price listed. Does anyone know how much this is - trying to compare to cost of a single bottle or a bucket of beer.

There was one next to the buffet on the Inspiration. Never saw anyone use it. No idea how old the beer was. Don't remember the exact price, but it was right inline with the bottled options.

It is on a timer also. They had one for Thirsty Frog and one for Lite (miller or bud)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

What ship was this on that you had the choice of Bud or miller?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The Fantasy had it when i went in December. Never used it. I wonder if it still charges gratuity? I would hope not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app

From what I remember they do add the gratuity to the self pour. The cost for Bud or Miller Lite (can't remember which one) was about $4 plus the 15%. Not a big deal, I guess someone has to clean the station and stock the beer and glasses. On the Vista they have these in the Red Frog Pub with the beers they make.

One word of advise. Make sure the tap is closed before you insert your card. I spent a lot of time in the Red Frog and some people would just walk up and pull the tap thinking beer would just come out for them without paying. They would just walk away and the next person would put their card through and beer would start pouring out right away. A good waste of beer.

You pay by the ounce (its like pumping gas). I don't remember how much it is but I remember it was the cheapest option when I was on the Sunshine

Better for us casual drinker to buy only up to the number of ounce we can take, rather than by glass that we can not finish.

I just read about the self-serve beer stations on board. I've never seen this on board as much as I have cruised. I read it was a 14 ounce pour, but I've not seen a price listed. Does anyone know how much this is - trying to compare to cost of a single bottle or a bucket of beer.

It's $4.00 per pour.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

One word of advise. Make sure the tap is closed before you insert your card. I spent a lot of time in the Red Frog and some people would just walk up and pull the tap thinking beer would just come out for them without paying. They would just walk away and the next person would put their card through and beer would start pouring out right away. A good waste of beer.

Yep I've seen teens trying this. Pulling down the handle 2 or 3 times hoping something comes out. Maybe a spit of residue. But then don't put the tap handle all the way back.

I used the one on the Sunshine last year -- the tap was in terrible need of cleaning. The beer that was dispensed was inedible.

Luckily, I had it exchanged at the Havana Bar.

I've seen lots of foam pour out too. Want a good pour from a tap, go to the bar. You won't get a good Irish barkeep pour but it'll be worth the extra buck plus for a decent beer from a clean tap that works.

We were on the Breeze last month and I didn't think they had one however I did find one next to the bar at the aft pool.

I wanted to try it so I went back to our chairs and got my card. When I got back there was a lady just swiping her card. I watched and the first thing I noticed was that a very dark beer started flowing which was their Red Frog beer. I don't like dark beer. I then noticed that it was almost all foam coming out and she was quickly trying to dump the foam and get more beer in her glass. When the machine "kicked out" she barely had half a glass of actual beer.

I turned around and left.

I was surprised that it was not open 24 hours. In fact the hours seemed odd like it closed mid-evening or something like that.

Also I am almost positive that gratuity was also added.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by bwellen