Before you buy that Drink Package...

Problem solved, and it's actually a win-win since RCI should be just as happy with folks cruising Celebrity as Royal Caribbean, eh?

RCI would not be just as happy, as they'd be losing business, but RCCL (the parent company) certainly would be!

Dan.

Glad this was brought up. I was on Liberty in January and the DL was now serving New Amsterdam vs. Previous Smirnoff.

I knew something was off but drank it anyway. Got sick the first night not knowing any better. New Amsterdam was the worst vodka I ever had- a bit harsh and bad tasting and does not sit well at all. I never knew you could screw up vodka that bad. I had it in a lemon drop martini and a Bailey's vodka "martini."

I tried a lemon drop two nights later and said forget it halfway through. Stuck with Heineken after that. I think the ceo should come onboard and drink what he is having everyone else drink. I can't imagine he is much of a marketing guy...

RCI would not be just as happy, as they'd be losing business, but RCCL (the parent company) certainly would be!

Dan.

Yup. Okay. Abbreviation error. In reality, I meant RCL, the three letter stock ticker.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

I heard they were doing this, but also on our cruises in Jan and Feb they ran out of my choice of booze and I had the package.

Cancelled it for our Oasis cruise in march and found out I saved a ton of money. If they are not going to have what I want I will just not drink like I do with the package.

We cancelled our packages on the future cruises we had purchased it for.

DW does not have a problem, between the 2 bottles of wine we can bring onboard, and the 2 that C&A give us at dinner she's happy.

I found this, at the start the drinks package on Navigator was the best id had or have had since BUT they started to run out of everything I liked midway through...blamed the heavy drinking the cruise before because it was a TA! not my problem!

I, generally, never buy the "package", being I am in port most of the time during the day, then get my drinks in the Diamond Lounge pre-dinner...and am willing to pay "by the drink" after 8:30 since I probably won't buy enough after that to warrant the package price...

So, my big question here is as to the current Diamond Lounge selections. It has always been limited somewhat and I've learned to just order within those limitations...but now concerned as to how those offerings may have changed. Does anyone have a copy f the Diamond Lounge drink list they can post?

Thanks...

Am I getting this wrong, before you could choose from a few brands of Vodka....is there now only one brand under the Drink Package cap....New Amsterdam?

No doubt there are still a plethora of vodka choices available at the many ship bars that fall within the deluxe all inclusive drink package price. The poster that referred to New Amsterdam was specifically speaking to the change made to the vodka selection in the diamond lounge, not vodkas available within the deluxe package.

Not a diamond cruiser myself (far from it) I have no idea what they have there in the lounge or if they have multiple choices of vodkas. From what it sounded like they only have one vodka choice and it's recently been switched to the New Amsterdam brand. If I were a Diamond member I'd be irate that they are using such a low quality vodka as the only choice for me in the lounge. They should at the least be able to spring for Tito's or even absolute that yes is a big box marketing vodka but is also a decent spirit. Hope that helps!

Trying being a rum drinker. Royal's selection of rum choices is pathetic. Their absolute top shelf, is Bacardi 8 year.

I have seen Ron Zacapa and Pyrat on Grandeur and Indy. Not much of a rum guy but I enjoyed both.

I have seen Ron Zacapa and Pyrat on Grandeur and Indy. Not much of a rum guy but I enjoyed both.

Yes. Ron Zacapa was available on Allure during our June 2014 cruise, it's at the champagne bar at the very least but you should be able to find it at some others. Not every bar on the boat is stocked exactly the same so do check around. I guess this might have changed but I think somebody on this very thread also referred to Zacapa being available. It's a beautiful Rum and it's a "never out" item in our home bar. However, if they've taken it away and Bacardi 8 is as good as it gets, then Lordnlkon is right smuggling is going to be the only way to get a decent rum on board.

Correct... it was one choice only with no substitutions. Might try rum punch next time as the punch

at the repeater party at the ice rink was good. Probably have to go outside the lounge to get it.

I don't think they have punch in there but not 100% sure. Beer makes me dehydrated among other things,

and going to bathroom all night is not fun. If I'm stuck with beer, it is two per night max, and still bathroom time :(

Kinda wish RCL would get a CEO like Southwest Airlines has...

No doubt there are still a plethora of vodka choices available at the many ship bars that fall within the deluxe all inclusive drink package price. The poster that referred to New Amsterdam was specifically speaking to the change made to the vodka selection in the diamond lounge, not vodkas available within the deluxe package.

Not a diamond cruiser myself (far from it) I have no idea what they have there in the lounge or if they have multiple choices of vodkas. From what it sounded like they only have one vodka choice and it's recently been switched to the New Amsterdam brand. If I were a Diamond member I'd be irate that they are using such a low quality vodka as the only choice for me in the lounge. They should at the least be able to spring for Tito's or even absolute that yes is a big box marketing vodka but is also a decent spirit. Hope that helps!

Blanton is beautiful. It's absolutely top shelf and retails about 57-65 for the 750ml. But it's not the price it's the taste that sets it apart. Do you know if that fell in the $13 price cap? Even if it doesn't thanks for the tip!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Blanton's is my single barrel of choice. I am guessing it would not make the $13 either. Now if they want to go really high end maybe some Pappy's is in order, that will never happen. It is already snatched up and sold on the secondary market as soon as it comes out. It all comes down to how they can make the most money at the end of the day.

I'm a JD drinker but do enjoy a woodford or gentleman jack / good vodka and whiskey.

Can someone let us know what vodkas are include in the packages and or if premiums are now going to be a top up charge.

If that's the case I won't be booking drinks packages in future, what with this and the room service charge I would rather try another cruise line or resort. We've only done 4 or 5 cruises so far and have three booked for this year. I like the fact that everything is included in the price I've paid, but it seems like royal are moving to a more lets see what we can charge for model which will mean I won't be sailing with them anymore. Shame.

In my experience NCL does it better. Carnival is a 15 day limit. If you reach the 15 you must wait till 6am for the 15 limit to start over again.

I have sailed NCL several times and to be honest many cruisers reported the same...that many higher end brands were not available...that they were taking away many of the choices for lower end.

Once I got on my cruise I found that not to be the case. What had happened is that certain bars had certain liquors based on what their drink menu and theme was. At the mojito bar you would not find bourbon and vice versa. I had no problem getting what I wanted.

NCL allows you to drink all you want. There is no limit and the beverage limit that is inlcuded in the bev. package is $15.00. I even had McCallan.

Good question...Not sure as I don't have much experience. I know carnival limits the AMOUNT of drinks you can order in a day. If cruising became too expensive for me...or not worth the value...I'd probably look into taking my money to a resort instead.

I like, almost more than anything, the fixed cost aspect of it all.