Theatre and hydropool?

Hydro pool lover

If I am not mistaken "Hydropool" is a brand not a unique type of pool unto itself. The pool in the solarium (called a Thelasotherapy pool) is heated (nearly as hot as a hot tub) and is extremely salty with minerals added.

Those currently on Celebrity ships have bars on two opposing sides with many many bubbles that you can lounge across (not particularly comfortable or easy to get on and off of).

And yes... there will be a theater with production show. There will also be movies shown outdoors in the garden terrace.

Does anyone know if there is going to be a theatre with shows or movies and will the pool in the solarium be a hydropool?

Unfortunately, the "hydro pools" on all the Solstice class ships were replaced with lap pools.

There has been no announcement yet as to what type of pool there will be in the Solarium.

If I am not mistaken "Hydropool" is a brand not a unique type of pool unto itself. The pool in the solarium (called a Thelasotherapy pool) is heated (nearly as hot as a hot tub) and is extremely salty with minerals added.

Those currently on Celebrity ships have bars on two opposing sides with many many bubbles that you can lounge across (not particularly comfortable or easy to get on and off of).

And yes... there will be a theater with production show. There will also be movies shown outdoors in the garden terrace.

The pools on the M class ships are what is called t pools. The pools in the Solarium on S class ships are not, they are regular pools. Unknown what will be on the new ships.

Thanks for all the answers. You are correct I was asking about a Thelasotherapy pool. From the pictures it looks as though there are some type of chairs in the water but doesn't look like a T pool. Great to hear that there will be production shows. It doesn't look like the Persian Garden is part of the plan either. The ship does look interesting.

Thanks for all the answers. You are correct I was asking about a Thelasotherapy pool. From the pictures it looks as though there are some type of chairs in the water but doesn't look like a T pool. Great to hear that there will be production shows. It doesn't look like the Persian Garden is part of the plan either. The ship does look interesting.

There are still large blocks of space marked "coming soon" -- so we can all hope that our missing 'favorite' will be there!

There are still large blocks of space marked "coming soon" -- so we can all hope that our missing 'favorite' will be there!

There is a picture of the Solarium and it appears to be like S class ships but who knows.

A little known fact is the M class ships are not the original T pools. The original T pool was on the Century and was removed during a dry dock, it was better than the T pool on the M class ships. Some old timers remember it and don't consider the M class ships to be T pools.

There is a picture of the Solarium and it appears to be like S class ships but who knows.

A little known fact is the M class ships are not the original T pools. The original T pool was on the Century and was removed during a dry dock, it was better than the T pool on the M class ships. Some old timers remember it and don't consider the M class ships to be T pools.

So true..orig T pools had minerals and salts, various hydro therapy stations..more like pool on QM2 from what I recall, They were located within the spa..only those with booked spa appts or purchasers of a day or week pass could use it. Truly a shame when they removed it from Century..but Mercury still had it.

M class T pool are a weak substitue but the hydro showers are nice for sore necks and shoulders. S class...nice inside pool..

Edited by hcat

If the Edge will have anything similar to T pool on M ship - I might reconsider and will eventually sail on her. Otherwise, not much I see that appeal to me to pay 30% more.

We sail AQ class and spend much on board time at the gym, solarium, spa and PG,. We are still hoping for an enhanced spa class experience but seems more resources are going to Suite Class...can't afford that or the spa accomodations on Azamara...or we'd jump to AZ.

We sail AQ class and spend much on board time at the gym, solarium, spa and PG,. We are still hoping for an enhanced spa class experience but seems more resources are going to Suite Class...can't afford that or the spa accomodations on Azamara...or we'd jump to AZ.

Let's hope they put some resources into AQ as well and enhance the experience - we are splurging on the first cruise in an S1 but will then likely go to AQ if prices stay up on the Edge.

Since the Aqua rooms have always had a Persian Garden there's still hope "the coming soon" will be a PG and maybe a T pool. It's popular and much nicer than the lap pools.

There likely will be a Persian Gardens (or something similar) but a T-pool is doubtful. The reason Celebrity gave for not have not having them on S-class ships, despite their popularity on M-class ships, was the expense involved in maintaining them.

I booked a Aqua class cabin Saturday while on the Silly as was told there would be a hydrotherapy pool and Persian Gardens.

Probably a Persian Gardens but don't count on a hydrotherapy pool. Celebrity rumor mill on board is very often inaccurate.

Hi Don:)....yep, the T pools on the C class were the best:D....Century, Mercury and Galaxy.....I loved those pools.

Probably a Persian Gardens but don't count on a hydrotherapy pool. Celebrity rumor mill on board is very often inaccurate.

No more or less accurate than the rumor mill here :)

We can still hope I suppose. It would be a bug disappointment if they did away with the thelasotherapy pool.

It would be a shame if they did not include a therapy pool in the spa area...especially since so much of the mainstream cruise line competition has them. They are smaller and you pay to use them/spa area. This seems like a no brainer. More revenue/bringing back something that passengers love. I paid to use it on Mercury and would do so again.

March online Celeb Newsletter has a blurb about Solarium under Pool..category

Not a T pool but looks like an awesome space..we spend alot of time there so happy with what thry say & show...,still hope there will be a small true T pool in the spa...like they had on the Mercury, Century..

I will try to copy the blurb and photo depiction but it may or may work..tried once ...no success..

SOLARIUM

On the Resort Deck, you’ll find one of the most popular spots on every Celebrity ship—the adults-only Solarium.

Celebrity Edge continues the tradition of offering a covered pool area where adults can unwind in modern luxury style. Here, we turned again to Tom Wright for the design, and he used the ocean itself as his inspiration.

The Solarium now features a three-dimensional art wall that represents the beautiful colors and movement of the ocean. It’s the perfect complement to the serene atmosphere where you can restore both your tan and your sanity.

MEContactCelebrity Edge

solarium-day-v2-800x450.jpg

SOLARIUM

On the Resort Deck, you’ll find one of the most popular spots on every Celebrity ship—the adults-only Solarium.

Celebrity Edge continues the tradition of offering a covered pool area where adults can unwind in modern luxury style. Here, we turned again to Tom Wright for the design, and he used the ocean itself as his inspiration.

The Solarium now features a three-dimensional art wall that represents the beautiful colors and movement of the ocean. It’s the perfect complement to the serene atmosphere where you can restore both your tan and your sanity.

Explore More EDGE Experiences

pool-deck-day-v2-450x450.jpgPool Deck

LEARN MORE

Edge_DestinationGateway_01_3DLX_170308-450x450.jpgThe Destination Gateway

LEARN MORE

Edge-Launches-450x450.jpgEdge Launches℠

LEARN MORE

CELEBRITY SIGNATURE VISA® CARD

NEED HELP PLANNING

HhLEARN MORE ABOUT CELEBRITY CRUISES

SPECIL SERVICE

OMER SUPPORCOMPANY INFORMATI

All images of Celebrity Edge℠ are artistic renderings based on current development concepts, which are subject to change without notice.

Celebrity Edge and Edge are trademarks of Celebrity Cruises. © 2017 Celebrity Cruises. Ships' registry Malta and Ecuador.Legal Info | Privacy Policy

Edited by hcat