Mariners Brunch

pepere133

Our first HAL cruise and we thoroughly enjoyed the brunch.

I am still searching for the white wine. Many great suggestions but haven't found it yet.

BTW, we were given more than 1 glass.

Appreciate additional suggestions on the wine served on the Eurodam.

DH still thinks it had the muscat name along with another one.

We bought a glass at dinner. Cheap, maybe, but very nice and crisp.

We haven't gone to the luncheon for the past few cruises. Found them crowded and somewhat disjointed in the organization. Plus it required us to go and get dressed up for lunch on a sea day where we like to relax on the promenade deck. So in the afternoon of the luncheon we stop by the front desk and pick up the tile.

Dan

On the Zuiderdam in Dec there were 1400 out of 1900 passengers who were Mariners :eek: Our last 2 days were sea days and they had 1/2 of us on one day and the other 1/2 the next.

DH and I went to the brunch with our MDR table-mates because we had so much fun at our dinners we looked forward to spending lunch together.

We did receive our tiles while still sitting at the table and we did have 2 or 3 small glasses of wine.

One of the reasons we stopped going, I have been using a walker since 2012 and it was nothing for a free-for-all with everyone pushing and running to tables once the doors opened.

And we didn't find the food that great.

Lido has more choices.

I also don't go to any Mariner functions since I watched people being knocked down by the crowd pushing and shoving on the Veendam once the doors were opened. Really ugly behavior that I've not seen on other cruise lines.

I also went to the most recent Eurodam Mariner's brunch (the 11 am one, there was another one at 1 PM). We only got the tiles at the end of the brunch, they were distributed near the entrance. They actually ran out of tiles and so we had to wait a few minutes for a resupply.

Sent from my B3-A30 using Forums mobile app

We just returned from a Caribbean cruise on the Eurodam, went to the Mariner's brunch primarily to get a tile....and no sign of tiles at all. We assumed this was another cut back.

Despite having cut out the cruise log on the Koningsdam, we received a 'inaugural season' tile at the brunch.

When we would tell folks (who asked on cruises) that we no longer went to the Mariner's Lunches they would be surprised and say, "you have to go to get your tiles." Personally, we no longer care about the tiles (we have a drawer full for which we have no use) but if one does want a tile you can simply ask at Guest Relations (just tell them you are not going to the lunch or you skipped the luncheon). And yes, we have seen folks standing in line for over 30 min for those lunches...and then rush (hard to imagine most HAL cruisers rushing anywhere) to a table. Never could understand this behavior since there are enough seats/tables for everyone. On the other hand, we have oft seen cruisers line up 15-30 min early for their Fixed Sitting dinner...when they already have an assigned table! Others will simply show--up a min or 2 after the doors open and go directly to their tables. Our thinking is that some cruisers are so bored they just seek out lines to bide their time. We like to joke (its no joke) that we practice Active Queue Avoidance techniques. When on a cruise the last thing we want to do is stand in lines and its usually not necessary.

Hank

• 6 months later...