Live - Anthem of the Seas Spring Fling Cruise..3-26 to 4-3-2017

Lines look crazy in those pictures, but propeller broke off???? Thought it was an electrical issue? One post says the ship was evacuated????

LMAO.. to funny!! While I have no factual reason as to the issue beyond what the Captain told us, but one funny thing to add is, as we were in line this afternoon getting back on, we heard at least two theories as to why we were having immigration now, one was they are looking for someone who snuck on overnight in Nassau and this is how they are searching... was worth a good laugh at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can try and get a snap but I apologize in advance if I fail. That sounds fun and terrifying at the same time singing in front of the band, but might also be fun!

Would be awesome if you could get the pics but, no apology needed if you can't. You have been amazing with this thread and I am absolutely loving it. Think the band thing would be cool, as I love karaoke in general and that would make it even more cool and fun.

Tonight is formal night -- lobster was already on the menu:).

Not surprised that I got the incomplete info from my friend. He was the one who talked me and DH into going on a RC cruise. I had to tell him about the dynamic dining being gone. BTW he misses the DD and felt the offers at the MDR were not great and not as much to choose from. Also said that 3 of his dinners came out of the dining room cold. I think he might be searching for a new cruise line when he gets home (cruises every 2 to 3 months-usually on anthem since we live in NY and its easy to get to the ship.

I noticed Karaoke Superstar on the compass at 10:30pm in two70. Is that when the karaoke is done with a live band instead of the regular music track?

No, that is the final "contest", with entrants invited from previous karaoke nights, singing to the recorded tracks. The live band one is called Rock-a-roke and was not offered on my cruise last week. On previous cruises it seemed to be offered on Day 6, please check on Friday.

What a great coincidence - I had just decided Anthem to be our 2018 cruise and found this. Thanks for taking us along.

Do you know if there is a suite lounge? I didn't see one of the deck plans but figured it has to be there somewhere. Those reserved daybeds look awesome - hoping they might be a suite perk.

One more - Is the water in the indoor pool warm?

Not sure if this was answered but the suite lounge is on deck 12 aft. It's huge. Ricardo Mock is the concierge. You will walk down the hallway of cabins thinking you're clearly lost or mistaken when you finally come upon the frosted door.

Happy hour was pretty standard fare. Cheese, breads, veggies, shrimp skewers, meatballs, mini quiche, etc. breakfast was more of a European style with breads, bagels, muffins, fruit, and cold meats and cheese. I only ever ran into one or two people up there in the morning. Coffee machine is great!

Next Cruise sends a rep up from 5-7pm starting on Day 3.

ETA: there are nice loungers and daybeds on the Suite Sun Deck. We accessed it via the seaplex. Go upstairs to the door and use your key. They have ice water and towels up there too. You're not supposed to have to check out towels but that's inconsistent depending on who is at the towel station by the pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by breeze123

Re: bumper cars. I did them with my daughter the other night. I'm about 5'10 and sitting comfortably in the cars was a bit hard. I have a huge lump and bruise on my left knee from having it slammed into the steering wheel incessantly. Just a fair warning for the adults out there!!

Edited by breeze123

Not sure if this was answered but the suite lounge is on deck 12 aft. It's huge. Ricardo Mock is the concierge. You will walk down the hallway of cabins thinking you're clearly lost or mistaken when you finally come upon the frosted door.

Happy hour was pretty standard fare. Cheese, breads, veggies, shrimp skewers, meatballs, mini quiche, etc. breakfast was more of a European style with breads, bagels, muffins, fruit, and cold meats and cheese. I only ever ran into one or two people up there in the morning. Coffee machine is great!

Next Cruise sends a rep up from 5-7pm starting on Day 3.

That sounds nice. I see it on the deck plans listed as "Concierge Club". Then there's the Diamond Club on Deck 4 next to the Music Hall. Can one get European breakfast there and happy hour as well (for Diamond and above)? :confused:

And for any Celebrity/RCCL cruisers, does the Concierge Club equate to Michael's Club?

We used the Diamond Lounge a lot last cruise, same food, cheese, shrimp, quiche etc. Morning continental stuff cheese muffins Danish coffee, tea. Diamond L is from 5-8:30 at night. Drinks were flowing, lol. Plus you get 3 drinks on your card for other bars at that time.

That sounds nice. I see it on the deck plans listed as "Concierge Club". Then there's the Diamond Club on Deck 4 next to the Music Hall. Can one get European breakfast there and happy hour as well (for Diamond and above)? :confused:

And for any Celebrity/RCCL cruisers, does the Concierge Club equate to Michael's Club?

I have only visited the Diamond Club early this morning during my early morning walk. We have not made it into there for any of the happy hours.

So I am sorry I cannot answer as to what breakfast items my be served. I will make a plan to swing by tomorrow morning during the breakfast hours and get some pictures / info. We fail to make use of many amenities we are afforded sometimes as we just wander from here to there with no real plan.

I have no info on Concierge Club, but I am sure someone can provide some info as there are many critics who know way more and accurate info than I can provide.

Check back I will check in the Diamond Club tomorrow am.

Re: bumper cars. I did them with my daughter the other night. I'm about 5'10 and sitting comfortably in the cars was a bit hard. I have a huge lump and bruise on my left knee from having it slammed into the steering wheel incessantly. Just a fair warning for the adults out there!!

Warning received breeze! They are a spectator sport for us only lol!

Just finished our Third Chops dinner and I opted for a Spicy Shrimp repeat. They were as excellent as the first night.

Again no shows as we missed We Will Rock You Standby. Might try for Spectra Cabarete later tonight. Just going to roam the ship now and enjoy the beautiful weather.

Just finished our Third Chops dinner and I opted for a Spicy Shrimp repeat. They were as excellent as the first night.

Again no shows as we missed We Will Rock You Standby. Might try for Spectra Cabarete later tonight. Just going to roam the ship now and enjoy the beautiful weather.

If you try to get in Spectra, they let the standbys in around 10-15 minutes prior to the show. That is also the time they open up the reserved seating, that is in the upstairs center section, to everyone. If you are able to get in and go right upstairs, you might get some prime seating. Good luck!:)

I would assume they had the immigration there instead of Bayonne because of the change of the order of the ports visited. If you had gone to Florida first, as scheduled, it wouldn't have been an issue, but you have to go through customs at the first port after visiting a foreign country. Normally that port would be the return port and you would just exit the ship and go through customs at the end. A big pain I am sure which is why they schedule the stops as they do, but at least disembarking will be a lot quicker when you get back.

LMAO.. to funny!! While I have no factual reason as to the issue beyond what the Captain told us, but one funny thing to add is, as we were in line this afternoon getting back on, we heard at least two theories as to why we were having immigration now, one was they are looking for someone who snuck on overnight in Nassau and this is how they are searching... was worth a good laugh at the time.

We used the Diamond Lounge a lot last cruise, same food, cheese, shrimp, quiche etc. Morning continental stuff cheese muffins Danish coffee, tea. Diamond L is from 5-8:30 at night. Drinks were flowing, lol. Plus you get 3 drinks on your card for other bars at that time.

Well then, this is interesting. Thanks for the info

Yes, it's the Concierge Club. The Diamond Lounge is on Deck 4 as you noted. We are still 1 point shy (dang it) from Diamond so I can't speak for that lounge.

More cruising for you!!!!! Thanks for the info :)

I have only visited the Diamond Club early this morning during my early morning walk. We have not made it into there for any of the happy hours.

So I am sorry I cannot answer as to what breakfast items my be served. I will make a plan to swing by tomorrow morning during the breakfast hours and get some pictures / info. We fail to make use of many amenities we are afforded sometimes as we just wander from here to there with no real plan.

I have no info on Concierge Club, but I am sure someone can provide some info as there are many critics who know way more and accurate info than I can provide.

Check back I will check in the Diamond Club tomorrow am.

:DThanks SeaDog. You're awesome. I got helpful info on Concierge Club. See previous posts. :D I'll check back tomorrow am. Save trip home.

If you try to get in Spectra, they let the standbys in around 10-15 minutes prior to the show. That is also the time they open up the reserved seating, that is in the upstairs center section, to everyone. If you are able to get in and go right upstairs, you might get some prime seating. Good luck!:)

Thanks for the info. If we go we will try to get up there as that is where we sat for Journey!

I would assume they had the immigration there instead of Bayonne because of the change of the order of the ports visited. If you had gone to Florida first, as scheduled, it wouldn't have been an issue, but you have to go through customs at the first port after visiting a foreign country. Normally that port would be the return port and you would just exit the ship and go through customs at the end. A big pain I am sure which is why they schedule the stops as they do, but at least disembarking will be a lot quicker when you get back.

Agreed that is the exact reason for it, and they explained it during the announcement last night about what we would need to do and why.

It was funny listening to the reasons some people put forth while standing in line earlier though. I can see how stories can spread via social media and grow into much more than they are.

Are we upset missing We Will Rock You?....

Not really.. :)

Not the best activity for a report but ohhh boy are we enjoying this view and weather after dinner!

Just wondering why you didn't eat at all in the dining room? My DH and I are onboard Apr 9th with friends and plan to do Chops only 1 night. Have you heard complaints from others on the dining room food/service, etc? BTW, love this review!!!

Just wondering why you didn't eat at all in the dining room? My DH and I are onboard Apr 9th with friends and plan to do Chops only 1 night. Have you heard complaints from others on the dining room food/service, etc? BTW, love this review!!!

Thanks for following along!

No reason for skipping the dining rooms and I have not heard anyone complaining about them. We generally do 3 or 4 specialty nights and my time in the main dining room the remaining nights, this trip we added two more nights in specialty after getting onboard as we enjoyed the atmosphere and food.

Our next trip we will return to the mains for my time most nights and we are in there tomorrow night for my time as well.

It was just a preference and nothing bad about the dining rooms in particular.

Well we are at the end of day 6. Not the most exciting day or port, but we certainly enjoyed the nice weather. Port Canaveral is probably our least favorite port, but there are things to do, like Cocoa Beach and Disney and the Space Center when the times allow.

Tomorrow we hope to see the rest of the areas we missed and experience some of the action in the seaplex.

We had a coffee from La patisserie and people watched for a while why they shopped and now are ending day 6. Hope everyone has a great weekend, see you all tomorrow.

They said you pick up the tickets on the morning of around 7:30 am. If you have an excursion you will get priority...

I have read a lot about the tender off the ship, but how does it work coming back? Presuming most stay as long as they can, and that they can't leave you behind (even if you did not get on your assigned earlier tender back), do they just send several back at once, like a taxi line?

Thanx.

Cruising works up an appetite!

Pizza Pizza

5d1ff09a2f9ab26cca3efe8bf5bfbd7a.jpg

d6c557add28e39264636719267b094af.jpg

8c9e9fd45269f5265c78c85113910d87.jpg

6b85b8248fdc1e38bf0ec2761577b4f7.jpg

Pizza rating, when hungry 5 out of 5 forks, on a regular day 3 out of 5 forks.

I assume this class has the build your own pizza like Oasis?