Harmony of the Seas Secrets

stlyro

Hello fellow cruisers. I am not a frequent cruiser but found a similar thread the last time I sailed about five years ago. It was about special tips and secrets to getting around The Oasis of the Seas. Special private decks, what specialty restaurants you liked - etc. you all were so helpful!

My family is sailing next March (2018) on Harmony. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Bob,

That's so disappointing to hear! My family loved hanging out on deck 14 aft balcony.

Stacey

The observation area on deck 14 above the bridge wings is still an option.

Bob,

That's so disappointing to hear! My family loved hanging out on deck 14 aft balcony.

Stacey

For me too. While I always tell people to watch the Aqua theater show from the stage level, it was fun to watch from deck 12 when that was a public balcony. We spent a lot of time there.

To the far right of the aqua theatre 1 deck up there is a small balcony area (just next to where the sound guys are set up) with some chairs, we sat up there to watch the aqua shows was a great view! Accessed it from a door at the end of the stateroom corridor.

- Solarium Bistro, GREAT option for dinner, and it's free.

- There is an spacious observation area on deck 5, next to the jogging track, before the first lifeboat, both sides.

- Windjammer, very good option for dinner too (the earlier, the better).

For me too. While I always tell people to watch the Aqua theater show from the stage level, it was fun to watch from deck 12 when that was a public balcony. We spent a lot of time there.

Yeah, I loved that area on the Allure. It was such a nice area - you had some hustle and bustle from the boardwalk, an aft view of the water, and virtually no one to bother you.

In hindsight, it's kind of surprising that Royal didn't try to monetize this earlier.

Hello fellow cruisers. I am not a frequent cruiser but found a similar thread the last time I sailed about five years ago. It was about special tips and secrets to getting around The Oasis of the Seas. Special private decks, what specialty restaurants you liked - etc. you all were so helpful!

My family is sailing next March (2018) on Harmony. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

We sailed on Harmony a few weeks ago (our 9th cruise). We had the best overall service of any cruise or ship so far. Andrea in the Schooner Bar is fantastic. Mohamed, the Suites Concierge, is also great. We ate at Chops once, very good. Izumi was so-so. If you have access to the Coastal Kitchen, give that a try. As far as secrets, I can't really think of any, but the Abyss slide ends right in front of the tequila bar, which can be quite handy :)...

Enjoy your cruise!

Off Harmony a couple weeks ago. If you plan on doing My Time Dining or have the dining package. Go directly to book your times as soon as you get on the ship. Reservation times book very quickly.

Not thrilled with the Solarium on this ship. Love the location and view, just poor execution. No pool and very noisy from the roofing material.

For dining:

We only ate in the main dining room on the first night. Service was not the best (usually, subpar on the first night) although the food was good.

We ate at Wonderland, Izumi, 150 Central Park, Chops, Solarium Bistro (breakfast and dinner), Sabor (lunch), Johnny Rockets (breakfast).

Wonderland was very cool and definitely something different. The food was very good.

Izumi was a bit of a disappointment since I promised DH he would be able to order the Hot Rock, since he's not a sushi fan. Hot Rock is not available on Harmony. If I had known ahead of time we would have booked Hibachi.

150 Central Park was the best meal of the cruise. We had the tenderloin for 2 carved tableside. Our waiter was Roberto. He was outstanding. Ask for him if you go.

Solarium Bistro for dinner is very good. Half buffet (salad, appetizers, desserts), Half menu (main entrée). It was a nice change from the other venues. Plus it's no charge although a reservation is recommended.

Be sure to have the Guacamole at Sabor. This is a good place for lunch one day.

Johnny Rocket breakfast was good. No charge for breakfast at Johnny Rockets.

Do not miss Columbus: The Musical!

Go down the Ultimate Abyss first thing in the morning. We were told that's when the slide has been freshly waxed :) Also, be sure to check the board for your picture.

Of course, have one of the famous Roast Beef sandwiches in the Central Park Café.

Make an appointment with the Next Cruise Desk as you will probably be booking your next cruise while onboard :)

So jealous, wish I was going back on.

Enjoy your cruise!

Izumi was so-so.

Completely agree with you on that. I would not recommend going to Izumi for hibachi. Nothing was seasoned (I left over half my steak since it just tasted like cooked meat, even when I added salt), and the sauces weren't that good.

Completely agree with you on that. I would not recommend going to Izumi for hibachi. Nothing was seasoned (I left over half my steak since it just tasted like cooked meat, even when I added salt), and the sauces weren't that good.

How is the Hibachi? I love to go to Hibachi grills back in the states, but my family is a little tired of them

How is the Hibachi? I love to go to Hibachi grills back in the states, but my family is a little tired of them

We thought that the Hibachi was one of the best meals on the ship. Sabor was TERRIBLE. It wasn't guacamole they served, it was spiced up baby-poop. YUCK!

Why would service in ANY venue be "sub par" on embarkation night? It isn't as if these folks have not done this hundreds of times. Did they get off the ship and fall asleep that day? For the price people pay the service on ANY day or night should never be "routinely" sub anything IMO.

Off Harmony a couple weeks ago. If you plan on doing My Time Dining or have the dining package. Go directly to book your times as soon as you get on the ship. Reservation times book very quickly.

Not thrilled with the Solarium on this ship. Love the location and view, just poor execution. No pool and very noisy from the roofing material.

For dining:

We only ate in the main dining room on the first night. Service was not the best (usually, subpar on the first night) although the food was good.

We ate at Wonderland, Izumi, 150 Central Park, Chops, Solarium Bistro (breakfast and dinner), Sabor (lunch), Johnny Rockets (breakfast).

Wonderland was very cool and definitely something different. The food was very good.

Izumi was a bit of a disappointment since I promised DH he would be able to order the Hot Rock, since he's not a sushi fan. Hot Rock is not available on Harmony. If I had known ahead of time we would have booked Hibachi.

150 Central Park was the best meal of the cruise. We had the tenderloin for 2 carved tableside. Our waiter was Roberto. He was outstanding. Ask for him if you go.

Solarium Bistro for dinner is very good. Half buffet (salad, appetizers, desserts), Half menu (main entrée). It was a nice change from the other venues. Plus it's no charge although a reservation is recommended.

Be sure to have the Guacamole at Sabor. This is a good place for lunch one day.

Johnny Rocket breakfast was good. No charge for breakfast at Johnny Rockets.

Do not miss Columbus: The Musical!

Go down the Ultimate Abyss first thing in the morning. We were told that's when the slide has been freshly waxed :) Also, be sure to check the board for your picture.

Of course, have one of the famous Roast Beef sandwiches in the Central Park Café.

Make an appointment with the Next Cruise Desk as you will probably be booking your next cruise while onboard :)

So jealous, wish I was going back on.

Enjoy your cruise!

So can someone please explain to me how you get in to see the show Grease? I keep hearing reservations were canceled? Do you have to reserve a seat? I have never sailed on the Oasis Class so this is new to us.

Thanks!

So can someone please explain to me how you get in to see the show Grease? I keep hearing reservations were canceled? Do you have to reserve a seat? I have never sailed on the Oasis Class so this is new to us.

Thanks!

You use the Cruise Planner on Royal's website to make a reservation. If your reservation gets cancelled, you make another, either pre-cruise or onboard. If that does not work, get in the standby line early.