First time Cruising....Breakaway on 4/2

KCinCT

Greeting and Salutations,

We are set and excited to take our maiden voyage this Sunday. I have what I think is a simple question. We have purchased $1000 in credit for our spending account. Is that enough? It will be my wife and myself. We are not big drinkers nor gamblers. I have prepaid the gratuities as well. I will have enough cash for off ship spending and have CC as a back up in the event of an emergency. All help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Greeting and Salutations,

We are set and excited to take our maiden voyage this Sunday. I have what I think is a simple question. We have purchased $1000 in credit for our spending account. Is that enough? It will be my wife and myself. We are not big drinkers nor gamblers. I have prepaid the gratuities as well. I will have enough cash for off ship spending and have CC as a back up in the event of an emergency. All help is appreciated.

Thank you.

If you've prepaid the DSC, are not big drinkers or gamblers, that should be enough unless you plan to take a bunch of NCL shore excursions, go to the gift shops for big $ items, and/or plan to spend a bunch of money at the Specialty restaurants.

Thank you for the information. We have only 1 excursion booked and its paid for and the only extra so far is the Cirque show. I have tried to think of everything so we can relax. I have been reading the board to gain insight and knowledge. Everyone on here is willing to offer advice from their experiences and that is fantastic. I am sure we will have the "deer in headlight" look for a bit!

It's not a simple question, as we don't k ow what you are likely to spend on excursions, spa, photos etc.

Without knowing that, I would say that it sounds like a lot of money if you aren't big drinkers and have prepaid the DSC.

If it isn't enough then they will just take the balance from your credit card. Most people don't buy any on board credit at all, and just charge it all to their card.

That makes sense, thank you for the input. I am sure we will have a drink or 2 and may buy some souvenirs. On the first day "Embarkation" is it acceptable to wear nice sweatpants with pullover and sneakers? We have to adult all the time and really want to relax and not stress how we look at the port.

On the first day "Embarkation" is it acceptable to wear nice sweatpants with pullover and sneakers? We have to adult all the time and really want to relax and not stress how we look at the port.

You can wear shorts and t-shirts every day and night of your cruise, if you want. There are only a couple of evening dining places that require long pants. It's very "freestyle" on Breakaway.

This is the first time we will be leaving our kids in 22 years. We are looking forward to it but I'm sure we will feel some guilt....not for too long tho!!!

Bet the kids are planning one huge blowout party while you are gone!

Really though, based on what you posted it would be tough to spend that much money.

Take closed toed shoes for the ropes course and no jewelry is allowed on the drop slides which are a lot of fun.

You've already been given answers to your question so I'll just give you a tip for your first cruise....DON'T try to do everything that the ship offers on your first cruise. Their is so much to do that some people feel obligated to cram everything in on a seven day cruise. Relax, see some shows, have some nice dinners and enjoy the experience. One other thing. Cruises are rarely perfect so don't sweat the small things that may pop up.

Enjoy and let us know how it went when you get back. :)

Thank you again, to all who have replied. We are very excited and cant wait! The main goal is to have fun and not worry about anything. Thanks to this message board I feel we are very prepared and informed. I think I am in vacation mode already! ;p

We should get a refund on unused credit as we paid for it. After reading all the responses we should be good. We have booked the shows and paid for the Cirque show. Bought the anniversary decorations to surprise the wife. Again, thank you everyone for providing input and sharing experiences. Once this cruise is completed I will type up a review.