Diamond Princess - Southeast Asia - 2/8/17 - Blog Review

TechieTravels

Hello everyone!

I've started my (somewhat late) review of our trip on the Diamond Princess to Southeast Asia on 2/8/17. The first post is up on my blog.

https://techietravels.com/?p=48

My plan is to post links to the blog as I write them. I think I've seen other people post reviews in blog form, though I'm not 100% sure what the rules are in this regard. I didn't see anything specific in the FAQs. I can copy the review onto here as well if that would be better or more in line with posting guidelines.

Also, I'm giving away some United Club passes. See this post for details on how to enter: https://techietravels.com/?p=113

Let me know what you think!

Final flight. A quick red eye into Singapore. Not as glamorous as the previous flights.

https://techietravels.com/cathay-pacific-b777-regional-business-class-hong-kong-to-singapore/

Also, last chance to enter the giveaway for 2 United Club passes. Will be choosing winner later tonight. Details here:

https://techietravels.com/first-post-welcome-to-the-blog/

Thanks for doing this. I had booked this cruise and subsequently cancelled it. I booked because I wanted to go to Angkor Wat but we felt the Princess excursion was very pricey. We chose a Viking River cruise instead and had a wonderful time. I noticed in your blog that you missed Sihanoukville. That would have been the port for the excursion to Angkor Wat. Do you know if that excursion was cancelled? I would have been more than disappointed if it was.

Thanks for doing this. I had booked this cruise and subsequently cancelled it. I booked because I wanted to go to Angkor Wat but we felt the Princess excursion was very pricey. We chose a Viking River cruise instead and had a wonderful time. I noticed in your blog that you missed Sihanoukville. That would have been the port for the excursion to Angkor Wat. Do you know if that excursion was cancelled? I would have been more than disappointed if it was.

We decided we would probably be coming back to Southeast Asia at some point and could hit Angkor Wat then. For our cruise, I believe the excursion to Angkor Wat was scheduled to from the Phu My port to the Sihanoukville port. I didn't hear any grumbling about missing out on the excursion so maybe they worked it out somehow. I don't know anything for sure though.

We decided we would probably be coming back to Southeast Asia at some point and could hit Angkor Wat then. For our cruise, I believe the excursion to Angkor Wat was scheduled to from the Phu My port to the Sihanoukville port. I didn't hear any grumbling about missing out on the excursion so maybe they worked it out somehow. I don't know anything for sure though.
Thanks

Sorry to see you and Canadianburger having to 'slum it' on your travels. ;)

Yeah, it's a rough life ;). Since getting into miles and points, I've become a believer in making the journey part of the travel experience rather than just a means to an end. I would never shell out the cash for business/first class but using miles definitely seems worth it to me, at least for international flights. Plus, you can arrive refreshed and not waste a day being jet-lagged. Although, it didn't help us much on this trip.