NCL Jade - May British Isles Cruise Significant Price Decrease

Reesesinmiami

My boyfriend and I booked this cruise earlier this year. A few weeks ago, we noticed that the price had dropped a total of about $1,000. We called and were able to get a $250. Today I checked the prices and we basically overpaid for our balcony cabin by $2,000. I'm beyond upset. I have not called NCL again but was wondering if anyone had any experience with getting additional upgrades or concessions for such a dramatic decrease in price. :mad:

My boyfriend and I booked this cruise earlier this year. A few weeks ago, we noticed that the price had dropped a total of about $1,000. We called and were able to get a $250. Today I checked the prices and we basically overpaid for our balcony cabin by $2,000. I'm beyond upset. I have not called NCL again but was wondering if anyone had any experience with getting additional upgrades or concessions for such a dramatic decrease in price. :mad:

I wouldn't agree that you "overpaid" for your cabin. You paid a rate that was in effect at the supply and demand market conditions of the time you purchased. Because NCLs market condition has changed... not enough people have purchased at the higher rates... they are now lowering the price to fill the ship. It frequently happens, but it does not always happen. The prices could very well be a lot higher too than you paid originally. It is always a bit of rolling the dice to guess what might happen, but it is impossible to know. If you had waited until now to purchase the cruise, you'd probably have higher airfare to counter act your lower cruise fare. You can certainly call NCL and try for more credit. Or they may be willing to move you into a higher class cabin. But they are under no obligation to do so. The new price is for NEW bookings.

If the price had increased by the same amount would you be calling them to offer and pay the extra?

We all pay a price we are happy with at the time of booking in the knowledge it may increase/decrease.

Are you looking at apples to apples? Can you currently book your same room category for $2,000 less than you paid? We book far in advance and while I've seen guarantees drop close to sailing, I've never seen the ability to rebook my exact room category drop by that much. If it's the case of the guarantee dropping, keep in mind that they don't get perks and don't get to pick there room. Agree $2,000 sounds like a lot and you'd probably pick the guarantee rate now; but it's not necessarily your room that dropped by that price.

That being said, no, I've not seen that dramatic a drop on NCL, now we book 9-18 months out and have gotten fantastic prices doing that. My next cruise is celebrity and my room currently costs $1,700 pp more than what we paid. I'm sure some will be salty about that when the prices drop, but we got that price 16 months out. Sorry you are disappointed w norwegian, but I don't think you'll experience anything different on another line.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums