Seats for Military Tattoo

Point Loma Cruiser

Get them for much less through the website: https://www.edintattoo.co.uk/

There's a lot of variety to choose from and packages too (which we're doing). I would've paid more than double what I paid had I gone through Princess. It's still very expensive but a once-in-a-lifetime experience!

We also did it much cheaper by buying the tickets online.

One thing though, we bought round trip tickets for the train back, but by the time we got to the train station the train was no longer running to Forsyth where the ship was docked. We ended up paying for a cab back. (This was in 2012.) Still much less expensive than going through Princess and we were able to spend hours and hours in Edinburgh before the show.

We also did it much cheaper by buying the tickets online.

One thing though, we bought round trip tickets for the train back, but by the time we got to the train station the train was no longer running to Forsyth where the ship was docked. We ended up paying for a cab back. (This was in 2012.) Still much less expensive than going through Princess and we were able to spend hours and hours in Edinburgh before the show.

The Pacific Princess cruises dock at Rosyth for the Tattoo. The Caribbean Princess cruises dock at Greenock for the Tattoo, and Greenock is on the other side of the island from Edinburgh. If you are looking at any advice or options for getting to the Tattoo and back to the ship, make sure you are looking at the correct port for your ship.

On the Caribbean Princess in August 2013 Tattoo night was when we were docked in Greenock. A member of our roll call arranged all transportation, including a full day tour of Scotland (visiting Loch Lomond, Stirling Castle, etc.) with Timberbush Tours en route to Edinburg. We arrived in Edinburg around 4 pm and had a couple of hours on our own and then had a group dinner - arranged by another roll call member - at a restaurant near the entrance to the Tattoo. Each of us had purchased our own tickets through the official website and met at a pre-arranged location for the return trip to the ship. Our van arrived back in port way ahead of any of the Princess busses. I don't remember the total price but it was much less than the Princess excursion.

If you buy your own tickets I can enthusiastically recommend the seats at the bottom of the U directly facing the castle. We bought our tickets as soon as they were available in December 2012 and were in Section 9 in the first row above the left exit (the 'cheap' seats in that section) so in addition to a wonderful view of all the action, we saw the performers up close and personally as they exited. Whatever you do, DO NOT leave early. We met some folks who left before the finale to avoid the exit rush and in doing so missed the best and most stirring part of the whole Tattoo.

...If you buy your own tickets I can enthusiastically recommend the seats at the bottom of the U directly facing the castle. We bought our tickets as soon as they were available in December 2012 and were in Section 9 in the first row above the left exit (the 'cheap' seats in that section) so in addition to a wonderful view of all the action, we saw the performers up close and personally as they exited. Whatever you do, DO NOT leave early. We met some folks who left before the finale to avoid the exit rush and in doing so missed the best and most stirring part of the whole Tattoo.

That is good to read. Our seats are in the other Premier Seating in Section 8, right next door but we're up quite a bit higher since we bought the tickets just a few months ago. They say Sections 8 & 9 are the best for the view and I'm hoping that's true. Did you get very cold? Debating whether to bring a travel blanket for our legs.

We bought our tickets directly from the Tattoo. We were in Section 9 Row T. The view was FANTASTIC. You get to see all of the bands and performers emerge from the Castle and you see all of the projections on the Castle walls (amazing computer graphics). Several (3?) rows above us were the VIP seats. Stay to the very end. There is no need to rush out. Hint: there are rest rooms (OK portapotties) under the T stands. The lines are much shorter than where everyone else is lining/queuing up. We had a lovely August night. Brought and wore a windbreaker but never put on my heavy sweater. That being said, it can be cold so bring warm socks and hat and gloves and a rain poncho. The show happens no matter what the weather.

I attended the Tattoo in Aug 2016 and it was fantastic! Definitely get your tickets directly from the Tattoo website; don't waste money on Princess tickets. Don't wait though; we bought ours on the first day of sale in December but they sometimes still have some tickets into early summer. We sat in the Royal Gallery and it was a truly bucket-list evening. Sections 8 & 9 were right below us and are great seats. That said, people who sat in many different sections all said they could see well.

We had a very warm and clear evening; it was perfect. But I've read that it can be cold and rainy, so prepare for anything. Scotland is amazing.

That is good to read. Our seats are in the other Premier Seating in Section 8, right next door but we're up quite a bit higher since we bought the tickets just a few months ago. They say Sections 8 & 9 are the best for the view and I'm hoping that's true. Did you get very cold? Debating whether to bring a travel blanket for our legs.

We had a comfortable, clear evening but I know I wore layers and brought gloves just in case.

We had a comfortable, clear evening but I know I wore layers and brought gloves just in case.

Thank you all for your advice and tips. Seems the travel blanket may be overkill. I have gloves and a rain jacket with a hood. Will probably wear a warm turtleneck sweater and warm socks too. Good to know about the shorter toilet line and about Premier Seating in row "T". We have row "S", so we're really looking forward to it! Cannot wait! Def a Bucket List experience!

• 3 weeks later...

I bought our tickets on line as well and we are looking forward to the August 2017 tattoo. I bought the Wallace package which includes the whiskey experience and is section 4 - centrally located facing the castle. Has anyone experienced this section; I hope I made a good choice!

We also bought our tickets online, in section 5. The first time we went to the Tattoo, it was really cold & windy sitting outside, so this time I am taking a fleece blanket. As one local Scot said to us, "Last year we had summer on a Tuesday". If the weather is pleasant, then the blanket will just be a nice cushion.

We were also in section 9 - great seats. I bought the tickets directly. I would suggest bringing heavy duty rain ponchos. It poured the entire show but we stayed dry. Everyone who had purchased the garbage bag ponchos was soaked to the skin.