Single Traveler and Cruise Points

I have never cruised alone and I was just wondering since you pay double do you get double points?

If you are a solo passenger in a stateroom that normally holds two (or more) people, then you will get one extra cruise point per night.

Also the double points only applies if you pay the single supplement. If you get a two for one and pay less than the single supplement - you won't get the double points.

Could you provide a specific example? I cruise solo all the time and the only time I haven't gotten the double points is when I'm booked in a solo cabin category like the solo balconies on Anthem. As long as I've paid any more than 100%, I get the double points. I also don't have to pay the 200% any more. I've never seen a "two for one" offer, but if I found one, I'd probably take it if the price were right!

Could you provide a specific example? I cruise solo all the time and the only time I haven't gotten the double points is when I'm booked in a solo cabin category like the solo balconies on Anthem. As long as I've paid any more than 100%, I get the double points. I also don't have to pay the 200% any more. I've never seen a "two for one" offer, but if I found one, I'd probably take it if the price were right!

I booked an outside cabin for around 125% of the per person price on Explorer of the Seas' 8-night Pacific Coastal last fall. When I received 8 points, I called C&A. She checked and I had booked a special solo rate, so it wasn't eligible for the double points. Oh well, I had an outside view for a really good price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is straight from the C & A office consultant.

Unfortunately that doesn´t make it any more true. Studios are not supposed to get double Points. You can just hope for a mistake when they credit those Points and not taking it away again later.

It is straight from the C & A office consultant.

You absolutely need to check your points yourself rather than take the word if a phone rep.

Log on to your C&A account on the Royal web site. Select the Itineraries tab and under that select Completed Cruises. This will show all your cruises, their length, and the cruise points awarded. If you've been awarded double points for a cruise booked specifically for a solo cabin category, then as someone said, cross your fingers that they don't find it on an audit.

If you're going to cruise solo in a regular cabin category, you should ALWAYS check your cruise points about a week after you return to ensure you got the correct amount of points. If the points are not correct, a quick call to C&A will get them corrected. This has happened to me and to other solo cruisers more than once.

I booked an outside cabin for around 125% of the per person price on Explorer of the Seas' 8-night Pacific Coastal last fall. When I received 8 points, I called C&A. She checked and I had booked a special solo rate, so it wasn't eligible for the double points. Oh well, I had an outside view for a really good price.

You should have gotten double points - I would call C&A again. Only the special solo studios do not get double points. If it is a double occupancy cabin, regardless of what you paid, you get double points.

You absolutely need to check your points yourself rather than take the word if a phone rep.

Log on to your C&A account on the Royal web site. Select the Itineraries tab and under that select Completed Cruises. This will show all your cruises, their length, and the cruise points awarded. If you've been awarded double points for a cruise booked specifically for a solo cabin category, then as someone said, cross your fingers that they don't find it on an audit.

If you're going to cruise solo in a regular cabin category, you should ALWAYS check your cruise points about a week after you return to ensure you got the correct amount of points. If the points are not correct, a quick call to C&A will get them corrected. This has happened to me and to other solo cruisers more than once.

Did just as you suggested and out comes this message. Cruise Mar 19 this year.

At this time we are not able to retrieve your account history.

You should have gotten double points - I would call C&A again. Only the special solo studios do not get double points. If it is a double occupancy cabin, regardless of what you paid, you get double points.

Thank you. I'll try again today and report back. The only reason I've held back is she "Noted it in my file." It does make the difference between Emerald and Diamond for my May cruise which is one of the reasons I booked it. That and I hate using up my vacation time from work staying home! [emoji4]