Help! Left child's stuffed animal on ship

TruRed76

Ooh-ooh, the stuffed gorilla, was named by my son when he was about a year old. He was a late talker but was able to make animal sounds like the best of them! Whenever he wanted his monkey, he would point at it and make the sound for monkey. Hence, ooh-ooh got his name.

We had a party tonight, complete with ice cream and cake, to celebrate his homecoming. I know it's such a trivial thing to some but it makes life more fun to just take 15 minutes and be a kid again! Even big sister (who thinks she knows all at the ripe old age of 11) got into the spirit!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have actually been following this

So when is the next cruise adventure beginning?

(your audience awaits)

Lol! I still am working on an actual review of this past one! The next trip is actually a camping trip this June in Colorado. We hit up Yellowstone, Grand Teton, and The Badlands last summer; trying to add some more national parks to our list this summer. Our next cruise is (hopefully) an Adriatic or Mediterranean next summer for our 15th anniversary 🤞🏻 but the kids are not thrilled with the idea of us going without them!

Ooh-ooh, the stuffed gorilla, was named by my son when he was about a year old. He was a late talker but was able to make animal sounds like the best of them! Whenever he wanted his monkey, he would point at it and make the sound for monkey. Hence, ooh-ooh got his name.

We had a party tonight, complete with ice cream and cake, to celebrate his homecoming. I know it's such a trivial thing to some but it makes life more fun to just take 15 minutes and be a kid again! Even big sister (who thinks she knows all at the ripe old age of 11) got into the spirit!

That is awesome! That is a memory that will last a lifetime!

Not trivial at all - lovely pictures and what a wonderful story in these troubled times.

Wow.. What a great story with a happy ending! I'm in my 50's and still have "Buttons".. My beloved stuffed dog. I've had him since I was six months old. All the fur is gone, and the stuffing is falling out, but he's my prized possession. I understand how your son felt when he thought his monkey was gone forever. I would feel the same way, even now.

Ooh-ooh has made it home!!! Thank you again for the kindness you have all shown and especially to those who helped ooh-ooh make his journey home. As we struggle to teach and demonstrate kindness to our children, what an amazing example we have to show them.

And I can admit that I've had that darn song, "You've Got a Friend in Me" from Toy Story going through my head all week as I've imagined ooh-ooh sitting lost and waiting for Matt to come back...so much happier with our ending!

40711c90ff5ab4c5baa28dc518edc037.jpg

Precious.