Help! Left child's stuffed animal on ship

TruRed76

Not yet [emoji20]. Unfortunately my hubby has lost his voice and I was at work during NCL's business hours so we were unable to make our daily call today. Hoping hubby has a voice tomorrow so he can resume our calls!

My son cried himself to sleep last night and kept saying "I love you ooh-ooh (his name for his monkey)". Talk about heart wrenching! He is sleeping with his back-up monkey.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm so sorry. Hopefully they will find his monkey.

UPDATE

from a cruise critic member currently on the Dawn:

We are going to have one happy little boy!! The monkey was rescued by JoJo (the housekeeping supervisor) and is now sleeping comfortably on my scooter for the ride off on Sunday.

I am so humbled by everyone's help and cannot wait to tell my son!

UPDATE

We are going to have one happy little boy!! The monkey was rescued by JoJo (the housekeeping supervisor) and is now sleeping comfortably on my scooter for the ride off on Sunday.

Great, glad you son will have his friend back soon.

UPDATE

Ohmigosh! I literally got chills! LOL. We had this experience on a cruise and left one of my daughter's monkeys (she had brought her entire Beanie Baby monkey collection and left one in the hotel we stayed in for a few night before the cruise). We did eventually get it back, and I'm so glad your son will have ooh-ooh back soon! Yay for Cruise Critic and helpful members!

I was in a bathroom stall at the airport a few years ago and there was a sock monkey on top of the paper dispenser. I remember thinking some poor kid was upset. As I was leaving the stall I picked it up to take it to wherever airport lost and found was and there stood a frantic looking mother and crying daughter. You should have seen the change in them when they saw the monkey in my hands! LOL. It was so nice to reunite them.

So happy for you and your boy! :D

UPDATE

We are going to have one happy little boy!! The monkey was rescued by JoJo (the housekeeping supervisor) and is now sleeping comfortably on my scooter for the ride off on Sunday. "

Thank you for letting us know. I am so glad that someone currently on the Dawn is doing this for you. I am happy that your son is going to soon be re-united with ooh ooh.

when my niece's cell phone was found on the cruise after ours, Our concierge arranged for someone from our hometown to bring it to us to meet them. That cut at least a week off of waiting. Good things happen, Thanks to Hanno, concierge extraordinaire.

Such great news! Our son lost his favorite blanket and elephant on trips to Disney. While we never found the lost ones, my sister made another blanket (she made the first and luckily had just enough fabric for a second) and found a replacement Burton on Ebay.

Now if only he could keep track of his watches.....

UPDATE

This is great we know how much our kids toys meant to them. We are so pleased for the little man and I bet you he will never again be left behind. We felt for you but ooh ooh will soon be home. Great to see this community helping.

This community has been amazing and I will forever be grateful for all the help, positive stories, and ideas. My son is one happy little guy now! I may just have to post a reunion photo next week :)

UPDATE

I am SO very happy for everyone...(including the monkey) !!! :D:D

Wonderful news!!! We always traveled with our daughters, and on more than one occasion have made trips back to a hotel to retrieve "Baby", the soft baby doll that our older daughter has had since she was a newborn. Our daughter is now 36, and Baby (somewhat the worse for wear, but still in one piece) still sleeps on her bed. (Not entirely sure how her husband feels about this...)

I can't wait to see the photo! I was sick to my stomach when I started reading this thread! What a miracle. Thankfully that cruiser was doing a back to back and someone who knew her saw this! (I'm assuming that's who found it? The person they told you to reach out to?)

I'm 62 years old and I still remember when I was traveling to Mississippi with my mother and father on a plane. I was about 3. They left my Zippy monkey in the terminal or maybe the plane.

All I had forever was a picture of my little tiny self in a pretty dress holding Zippy at the airport. I would see it over the years. I still have the picture actually and it's strangely sad to look at.

They got another Zippy, but I was traumatized over the original loss. I clearly remember questioning the new one and their efforts to convince me it was him.

I'm so happy for your son! Don't ever lose that thing AGAIN!!

Cindy

Our son is 8 and has had this monkey since he was nine months old. I cannot believe we forgot him! We have traveled quite a bit and always do a final check for the monkey! We searched previously on eBay for a replica - $150 [emoji15]! We are trying to talk about all the adventures his monkey gets to have and that maybe he gets to go on another cruise. I have found the Lost and Found number for NCL. I will plan on calling when they open tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed 🤞🏻

Did same thing when my daughter was 8. Devastating but told her, there was a little girl who had no stuffed animals at all and wasn't it nice of her to leave them for her. I thought that to be a good 'life lesson'. Of my three children, at 37, she is the most selfish. <shrugging shoulders>.:rolleyes:

I am going to be 60 this year and I still have my plush doll, Spankin' Sue. After all these years she has moved with me.

What a coincidence! I have a doll named Spankin' Sue as well! Haven't brought her on a cruise yet though. ;p

We have actually received several pictures of my son's monkey enjoying his second, impromptu cruise (courtesy of cyndi_at_home). Ooh-ooh was even able to sing with the band in the pool deck [emoji847]! He should start his journey home tomorrow.

Again, we feel very blessed and are so grateful for the assistance and support that we received!

We have actually received several pictures of my son's monkey enjoying his second, impromptu cruise (courtesy of cyndi_at_home). Ooh-ooh was even able to sing with the band in the pool deck [emoji847]! He should start his journey home tomorrow.

That's great! I hope the photos are helping your son deal with being temporarily separated from Ooh-ooh!

Ooh-ooh has made it home!!! Thank you again for the kindness you have all shown and especially to those who helped ooh-ooh make his journey home. As we struggle to teach and demonstrate kindness to our children, what an amazing example we have to show them.

And I can admit that I've had that darn song, "You've Got a Friend in Me" from Toy Story going through my head all week as I've imagined ooh-ooh sitting lost and waiting for Matt to come back...so much happier with our ending!

40711c90ff5ab4c5baa28dc518edc037.jpg