A little confused about Alchemy Bar

Here's my review of the Alchemy Bar on Victory (with pictures): http://susancrow.blogspot.com/2016/04/carnivals-alchemy-bar.html

Looking forward to trying it again on Liberty next week. Anyone have the current menu prices?

I believe they're up to 10.95, but if you're going to imbibe there, then you should purchase Cheers and the price per drink would be a moot point. ;)

I believe they're up to 10.95, but if you're going to imbibe there, then you should purchase Cheers and the price per drink would be a moot point. ;)

Thanks! While I love the drinks at Alchemy Bar, there is no way I could drink 4 or 5 of them a day. I'll just stick with pay-as-I-go. :)

Here's my review of the Alchemy Bar on Victory (with pictures): http://susancrow.blogspot.com/2016/04/carnivals-alchemy-bar.html

Looking forward to trying it again on Liberty next week. Anyone have the current menu prices?

Clicked the link and got this.

Sorry, the page you were looking for in this blog does not exist

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Thanks much for posting the menu! Chocolate Martini is my very favorite drink! But i think I may encounter a

Deal Breaker. 🍹:cool:

If you like chocolate martinis, you'll like the Deal Breaker. I asked them to add a little habanero vodka to mine to give it a kick. It's nice that you can tell them what you like and they will make something up for you.

I plan to purchase the Cheers program.

I like really good margaritas. Looks like I can get those at the Alchemy Bar on the Liberty, and have them concoct one with higher shelf tequila. Maybe a splash of Grand Marnier?

The reason I am confused (easy for me ha ha) is that I saw a menu and it didn't seem to list margaritas.

Between the coffee, water, and now allowing up to $50 liquor on the Cheers program it seems even better than it was. Especially if I can get a high margarita. Looks like maybe the Alchemy Bar is where to get it?

TIA!

Alchemy don't do 'frozen' drinks.

The restriction to a single shot per drink is not necessarily true relative to the Alchemy. As most of the "martinis" that the Alchemy makes include more than one shot of liquor, the special concoctions they make for patrons may include, and frequently do, more than one shot. Have had Cheers for the last several cruises and have been served special drinks on each that contain more than "one" shot. They have some discretion. Relative to the first question, I have had Margaritas at the Alchemy. Both special flavored and basic.

Just got off the Miracle. Once tried to get a Margarita at the Alchemy bar and was told "we cannot do frozen drinks here".

So I happily stuck with my favourite "Revved up Mohito Martinis" for pre-dinner aperitifs.

The Alchemy Bar is not like any other bar, with the closest I've experienced cruising is the old Molecular Bar on Celebrity. There aren't any super sweet drinks on their menu and everything can be customized to your liking. They are not cranking out drinks as fast as possible and even using pre-made nonsense like I have seen at the pool side bars. The mixologists take the time to listen to your wants and then craft something that will make your palate happy.

So true. Our 12yo daughter sometimes inserted herself into our pre-dinner "date" at Alchemy. She likes to see herself as a sophisticated grown-up so they would make her a very grown-up looking strawberry mocktail, complete with much ice shaking and fanfare and topping it off with a spectacular citrus oil firework trick!

The ladies at the Miracle Alchemy were just brilliant.

Just got off the Miracle. Once tried to get a Margarita at the Alchemy bar and was told "we cannot do frozen drinks here".

So I happily stuck with my favourite "Revved up Mohito Martinis" for pre-dinner aperitifs.

That's one I didn't try last time. How does it compare with a "regular" mojito?

Thanks much for posting the menu! Chocolate Martini is my very favorite drink! But i think I may encounter a

Deal Breaker. 🍹:cool:

I tried the "Chocolatini" but didn't like it. No matter - it was on Cheers anyway.

What I really liked after dinner was an "Ultimate XO Martini". Looks exactly the same right down to the chocolate garnish. More coffee less chocolate in flavour. Wish I could find the recipe.

It's a gin/vermouth martini with lime and muddled mint... so similar but different and altogether good!

Thanks! I guess I'll have to give it a try, although it's hard to improve on a regular mojito. :) Carnival makes good mojitos.

We were on the Vista a couple of weeks ago with the Cheers package. My wife ordered Silver Patron margaritas all over the ship. At Alchemy, it's more of a "make me something not too sweet with tequila" kind of thing. We discovered that cucumber is very light and refreshing in both tequila and rum drinks.

We were on the Vista a couple of weeks ago with the Cheers package. My wife ordered Silver Patron margaritas all over the ship. At Alchemy, it's more of a "make me something not too sweet with tequila" kind of thing. We discovered that cucumber is very light and refreshing in both tequila and rum drinks.

Was Gabriel your Alchemist? He is fantastic!!!

Thanks to everyone for sharing about the drinks. I had noticed things like the mojito martini that listed simple syrup and was a bit concerned. But understanding that they actually can craft the drinks, sounds like I will be very happy.

My first time at Alchemy, after having a Caribbean Manhattan (my go to "on menu" drink an usually my starter) I told them I wanted something refreshing and not sweet. That's just what I got. Tell them what you like and let them run wild.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Was Gabriel your Alchemist? He is fantastic!!!

I heard Gabriel left AGAIN! He's always leaving but then shows up on another cruise we are on :')

Yep, Gabriel and Luciana. Gabriel was counting down the days until he was leaving, with an updated number every night. He was at around 30 when we were on board for the 4/8/17 sailing.