should I be wary of my sons' cruise being canceled?

I have my son booked on the Oasis 4/08/2018. When I originally booked he was in a D7 with $100 OBC and 50% deposit.

I changed him to a D5 just now and got the $200 OBC and only paid an additional $52.

Since there is now no 50% deposit I am going to be required to pay the other $250 or his cruise gets canceled?

They didn't ask for anything additional on the phone and when I went online and tried to pay the $250 it wouldn't take it as it said I had to pay at least $500.

Bill

I have my son booked on the Oasis 4/08/2018. When I originally booked he was in a D7 with $100 OBC and 50% deposit.

I changed him to a D5 just now and got the $200 OBC and only paid an additional $52.

Since there is now no 50% deposit I am going to be required to pay the other $250 or his cruise gets canceled?

They didn't ask for anything additional on the phone and when I went online and tried to pay the $250 it wouldn't take it as it said I had to pay at least $500.

Bill

We have had this several times and no issues for us.

Also, there have been times when my wife booked a solo cruise onboard and later ended up adding my daughter or myself to the reservation when she got home without paying additional deposits.

No worries at all with this...but hopefully with the change you made they did email you a new confirmation...if not call and have it sent to you...whenever I make the slightest change I always do.

Wouldn't the rest of the deposit be tacked on to the final payment amount?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes it would but as i mentioned earlier,not all cruise lines are the same as with Carnival if you book with a reduced deposit and then make a change when the half price deposit special isn't applicable you need to pay the rest of the deposit immediately or they'll cancel your cruise.

I'm just trying to make sure I understand Royals policy.

No worries at all with this...but hopefully with the change you made they did email you a new confirmation...if not call and have it sent to you...whenever I make the slightest change I always do.

Yes we did get the new confirmation and all seems OK.:)

Bill

Yes it would but as i mentioned earlier,not all cruise lines are the same as with Carnival if you book with a reduced deposit and then make a change when the half price deposit special isn't applicable you need to pay the rest of the deposit immediately or they'll cancel your cruise.

I'm just trying to make sure I understand Royals policy.

Yes we did get the new confirmation and all seems OK.:)

Bill

I have had to increase my deposit before on a royal caribbean booking, but that's because I went from a normal booking to a group booking and I got more benefits for increasing my deposit. Pretty much, I booked onboard to get the $100.00 OBC and reduced deposit because the cruise was a good price. When I got home, I transferred my booking to my TA and she said that she could get me a further discount as well as additional OBC, but the onlly catch was I had to pay the remaining balance of the deposit because those were group discounts and benefits as she was throwing me into a group.

However, the key item you should look for on your confirmation is due date. many times, there is a deposit due x-date as well as payment in full date and if there was a change, deposit due would show up as not 0.00.

I have had to increase my deposit before on a royal caribbean booking, but that's because I went from a normal booking to a group booking and I got more benefits for increasing my deposit. Pretty much, I booked onboard to get the $100.00 OBC and reduced deposit because the cruise was a good price. When I got home, I transferred my booking to my TA and she said that she could get me a further discount as well as additional OBC, but the onlly catch was I had to pay the remaining balance of the deposit because those were group discounts and benefits as she was throwing me into a group.

However, the key item you should look for on your confirmation is due date. many times, there is a deposit due x-date as well as payment in full date and if there was a change, deposit due would show up as not 0.00.

My confirmation I got yesterday says deposit of $500 is due by Feb 10 2017.:rolleyes:

Bill