When Does the Unlimited Beverage Package Begin?

I will be on the Escape in May and the parents all have the Unlimited Beverage Package and the kids have the Unlimited Soda Package. If we board early, can we use these packages right away or do we need to wait until we have left port? Someone cautioned us that the beverage packages do not begin until you leave. Please advise!

The packages are ready to use as soon as you board. Just keep in mind that not all bars will be open (but several will be), and that everything will shut down during the muster drill just before sailaway.

Also don't be surprised if they charge you local sales taxes on drinks that you order while the ship is still in or near port. You may or may not be asked to sign tickets for these drinks, but the charges will appear on your account.

The sales tax when in port isn't always applied either. If it is then it's only pennies

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Not much money for sure.

In Oct. when the Escape sailed at 7 p.m. , we boarded at 11:30 a.m.

Had our first drink at noon and our "tax" was $12.00 total.

We usually do and did drink quite a bit those 7 hours.

I thought that the packages didn't start until after the Muster Drill. Thank God! I was picturing a mad rush to the bars after they

'released the hounds' after Muster.

On Your Marks,!

Set,!

Bang!

First time with the beverage package and have a question - do they give you a separate card to present or is the cabin card set up for the beverage package?

Thanks

You'll use your cabin card. It will have UBP printed on it and will show the package when it's scanned.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not much money for sure.

In Oct. when the Escape sailed at 7 p.m. , we boarded at 11:30 a.m.

Had our first drink at noon and our "tax" was $12.00 total.

We usually do and did drink quite a bit those 7 hours.

You were charged $12 extra per drink? [emoji33]

You were charged $12 extra per drink? [emoji33]
They said "total", for 7 hours of drinking, and probably 2 people.

The tax in Miami is something like 8%, so you have to order about $150 worth of drinks to get to $12 in tax.

They said "total", for 7 hours of drinking, and probably 2 people.

The tax in Miami is something like 8%, so you have to order about $150 worth of drinks to get to $12 in tax.

Aaaaaaah, cool, thank you [emoji4]

Just because I watched people freak out over this, during the time they are charging taxes they are going to give you a receipt for the pull amount plus tax. You will sign it and can leave an additional tip if you like but only the tax and any tip you left will show up on your account.

I was charged $1.25 for tax on a non alcoholic beer in Miami. Yes the tax can and will add up, so be careful until you pull away from the dock. My cruise was just a couple of months ago!

That was either a mistake or a very expensive beer. $16 approx

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yeah make sure you keep an eye on the tax. Only a little bit but can add up. I was charged around $0.50 on a cocktail that I had.

I love love love the UBP but there's a couple of things you need to remember it doesn't include like bottled water or tea/coffee in the atrium. The package was really easy to use and I really enjoyed it though.

I've done my best to explain the package in more detail here: http://cruisingisntjustforoldpeople.co.uk/2016/09/10/ncls-ubp/

I do agree with everything everybody has said above. Makes sure you try a mango meltdown and a raspberry mojito!' [emoji7]

I was charged $1.25 for tax on a non alcoholic beer in Miami. Yes the tax can and will add up, so be careful until you pull away from the dock. My cruise was just a couple of months ago!

Your "beer" was $17.85? :confused:

Did you order more than one?

Oh wow. Thanks. We are doing the Gem from NYC to PC, GSC and Nassau. Has anyone had any experience with these ports? I'm sure it doesn't apply to GSC but maybe PC and Nassau?

You'll pay tax in any US port.

We recently sailed and every bar had a sign warning you of the tax until in open water. Every bar tender made you aware of it before serving. We checked our bill next day and we'd run up $32. We certainly had got use of our beverage package.

Sent from my iPad using Forums