Ferry to SF ?

CastMember 02

Hi there, we live near Vallejo, California does anyone think we could take the ferry to San Francisco instead of a cab? I'd so does it drop off near pier 27?

I think it drops off at pier 41 from Vallejo. I could be wrong, but I saw people dragging their luggage from that area to the cruise ship last September when we were over there walking around when the Grand was in port. That would be about 3/4 of a mile, I believe.

If you should get dropped at the Ferry Bldg, that is a bit of a walk, too, at least 1/2 mile to 3/4. Check the ferry schedule online.

You could take Uber or Lyft instead of a cab, also.

Or you could simply arrange for a shuttle or private driver, which might be cheaper or the same as a cab.

Or you could park at the lot over there at 80 Francisco and walk a couple blocks to the ship. You must pre reserve. We parked at 55 Francisco in Oct for 10 days, but I don't know if 55 Francisco is still operating.

Google port of San Francisco for more info

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It looks as if it docks at the Ferry Building at the bottom of Market St. Look at:-

https://sanfranciscobayferry.com/route/vallejo/sffb

Note a few go to Pier 41.

The cruise terminal is Pier 27.

Under a mile from Pier 1 or 41; If you want to use the tram then Pier 1 is the easier.

https://www.google.co.nz/maps/place/The+Embarcadero%2FFerry+Building/@37.8023224,-122.4061892,15.5z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x80858066916f844f:0x2f86c7a4d339298c!8m2!3d37.795378!4d-122.3941287

I would avoid the ferry during commute hours as it might be difficult to maneuver luggage if the ferry is crowded. Otherwise the distance from the ferry building to the port is very walkable with smooth, wide sidewalks that make it easy to walk with luggage on spinners. We walk from the port to the Bart station whenever we return to San Francisco.

The vallejo ferry has stops at both the ferry building and pier 41. Most of the schedule is round trip vallejo/ferry buiding. A few times a day it will go from the ferry buidling on to pier 41. The ferry building is much closer to pier 27 so you want to get off there. Check the schedule on the website for the date and times you are traveling. http://vallejoferryschedule.com/

We did this back when Princess was cruising out of the old port. I just looked at Google maps (looking at the walking option), and from Pier 41 it is a .7 miles, and from Pier 1 is .8 miles. :) So either stop on the ferry would work (if you have the option, since not all ferries go to Pier 41 each time).

My family is actually doing this in August.