Current Genies

Our Genie on Oasis in Sept 2018 was Valentina Preda and she was FAB. We were a large family group and had NONE of our crap together (meaning, we were all over the place when it came to knowing where we wanted to eat, what we wanted to do, etc..) Valentina was a magician who got us last moment reservations literally everywhere we wanted to go, and even procured us a private cabana on Labadee the night before we arrived, even though she said they were all sold out. She was super attentive even though they were down one Genie on our cruise and she and the other Genie were doing double-duty. We had cakes every day in our room to celebrate something or other, she was always waiting for us to take us off the ship first (even held up a lot of people from disembarking so we could go first.) I can't rave enough about her and I wish she was our Genie again for our upcoming Allure cruise this next Sept. 2019, though she indicated she would be on vacation then. 

Valentina A+

• 2 months later...
On 3/27/2019 at 10:10 AM, erin_rifkin said:

Anyone know anything about Alan R on the Allure?   We leave this weekend and he is our assigned Genie.  So far communication has been great, so I am hoping this is a sign of things to come.  

How did you like Alan, Erin? Today we received our welcome message from Alan Rodrigues for our Sept 22, 2019 sailing on Allure.

I don't know how there could be a list of genies as they never seem to be on the same boat.  You have substitutes because one goes on vacation and then they never seem to come back to the same ship.  I know we had Israel on Oasis, then he was on vacation so we had Allen F.  When we went to Anthem we got Derick and have had him 2 times and should have him in November but also not sure what other genies will be on board.  Not sure how you would rate them either,  as your idea of a great genie might not be what my idea is.  Then they are like everyone else and might be having a bad day or week (I know they are suppose to be excited and helpful all the time) and we get them during that time.  Now our experience is not great and yet the week before they were the best genie on the seas.  Anyway, it is fun to read about the different ones and wonder who we will be getting on Ovation in Sept. 2020.

• 1 month later...
Today we received our welcome message from Alan Rodrigues for our Sept 22, 2019 sailing on Allure. 

Alan was totally amazing!! So attentive, constant little treats and surprises, went above and beyond to make all of our needs and wants happen. He threw a surprise birthday party with an adorable cake and decorated suite for my son, and got a specialty cake for my parents’ anniversary. We LOVED Alan and hope he’s on Symphony next year!!d1079feece282dba041f19fd40e46dbd.jpg0ef18b5abc568703faad97dc11d40312.jpg53b307fa70eaa862f4e7230172e11198.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone! My family and I will be sailing the Anthem of the Seas on 12/1 and we will have Romina. I was told she used to be a concierge and very well liked among RCCL cruisers. If anyone has had her, please let me know how your experience was. We have sailed star class several times. Each Genie is unique and we have enjoyed every experience! We are looking forward to our cruise in 10 days...but who is counting?!?

27 minutes ago, Love2cruise58 said:

We are on 12/15 in Star Suite on Oasis and have Smitha Judoobur! This will be our first experience with a Genie. Any advice or ideas on what we should expect?

I have never had Smitha but I have heard very good things about her.  I'm sure it will be awesome !

On 11/21/2019 at 9:21 AM, kristenb87 said:

Hi Everyone! My family and I will be sailing the Anthem of the Seas on 12/1 and we will have Romina. I was told she used to be a concierge and very well liked among RCCL cruisers. If anyone has had her, please let me know how your experience was. We have sailed star class several times. Each Genie is unique and we have enjoyed every experience! We are looking forward to our cruise in 10 days...but who is counting?!?

We are on the same sailing and also have Romina. See you next week 🙂 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2019 at 11:26 PM, lovescats5 said:

I don't know how there could be a list of genies as they never seem to be on the same boat.  You have substitutes because one goes on vacation and then they never seem to come back to the same ship.  I know we had Israel on Oasis, then he was on vacation so we had Allen F.  When we went to Anthem we got Derick and have had him 2 times and should have him in November but also not sure what other genies will be on board.  Not sure how you would rate them either,  as your idea of a great genie might not be what my idea is.  Then they are like everyone else and might be having a bad day or week (I know they are suppose to be excited and helpful all the time) and we get them during that time.  Now our experience is not great and yet the week before they were the best genie on the seas.  Anyway, it is fun to read about the different ones and wonder who we will be getting on Ovation in Sept. 2020.

On 11/23/2019 at 12:20 PM, Trivia Trickster said:

We are on the same sailing and also have Romina. See you next week 🙂 

@Trivia Trickster It was so great meeting you and your adorable kids! We all keep thinking about what we were doing this time last week...according to my clock right now, it definitely included a cocktail and lots of food! We thought Romina was fabulous. Hopefully we will find each other cruising RCCL again!!