Anyone else jump ship from Medallion Caribbean Princess cruise due to no soda/more or

jennybenny

So given that the soda and more and AIBP were not going to be permitted unless you had a promotion when you booked we switched to the Coral for our Panama Canal cruise. We got Cabin C727 which seems great! Princess called our TA back and said they would allow it now but we've lost the amenities we had, specialty dining and $510 in OBC. Coral is more $ but the cabin location seems better. Caribbean Princess is D623.

Similar itinerary except we swap Aruba for Jamaica, which is fine/better for us as we've been to Jamaica.

Any thoughts on keeping the CB or sticking to our great location on Coral?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to a post on Facebook, the Soda and More package has been reinstated. Just checked Cruise Personaliser for our upcoming Ocean Medallion cruises on the Regal and Caribbean and it's available for pre purchase. AIBP isn't on there yet though. Expect it will be soon. Patience is a virtue :halo:

Yep. Both the AIBP and the Soda & More have been reinstated. Hopefully you got some kind of perks for swapping sailings. It's a bummer to have lost the ones you had before. I really doubt you will see any benefit now if you switch back to your previous ship so you might as well stick with your cabin on Coral which is a great ship. Sounds like you also have a really great location.

If I understand your post correctly you cancelled your Caribbean Princess cruise when you thought the AIBP wouldn't be available for that cruise.

You subsequently booked a different cruise on the Coral.

You lost that $500 forever when you cancelled.

Unless the exact same promotion that you originally booked under is still current you lost that promotion when you cancelled.

Unless you were very close to final payment I don't understand why you cancelled instead of waiting - many, many of us on here said Princess was just suspending the AIBP while they wrinkled out details of the Medallion.

All I can say is that you unfortunately learned an expensive lesson.

Yep. Both the AIBP and the Soda & More have been reinstated. Hopefully you got some kind of perks for swapping sailings. It's a bummer to have lost the ones you had before. I really doubt you will see any benefit now if you switch back to your previous ship so you might as well stick with your cabin on Coral which is a great ship. Sounds like you also have a really great location.

Oh!! OK, if both are back, then the savings make sense. Thank you!

No, because I don't drink a lot of either one, Soda or Booze. I also know that Princess is working hard on debugging the software to allow the continuance of both packages. I work with software and I know that there are all issues when rolling a new program. Can't catch all of the bugs at once.

No, because I don't drink a lot of either one, Soda or Booze. I also know that Princess is working hard on debugging the software to allow the continuance of both packages. I work with software and I know that there are all issues when rolling a new program. Can't catch all of the bugs at once.

Then you are also likely with the case where management or marketing makes promises that you end up having to keep whether they are reasonable or not. Every time management or some other group said they were "Excited!" about something the IT department would cringe. Every time I heard someone say they were "Excited!" I just wanted to start slapping them. Ahhhhh.... Retirement is sweet. :hearteyes:

We are on a June, 2018 cruise on the Royal. Unlimited Soda and More is available for pre-purchase. AIBP is not.

It was briefly available again today and is supposed to be back tomorrow. When it went up today it was "broken" and allowing people to book the AIBP for cruises of 2 days which has never been allowed. A few people jumped on it and paid for it and will be able to use it but Princess took it down when they realized what was happening. Look for it to be back tomorrow.