Princess Protection Cancel For Any Reason

Sea Hag

4 years ago I was to go to Alaska. I had the cancel for any reason insurance and was in the 100% no refund. My cat got extremely sick and was near death. I cancelled my cruise, used the insurance (for any reason) and got reimbursed the full fare except for $100. Can't remember what the $100 was for.

It took about 3 weeks for it to show on my credit card.

My agent did all the paperwork and we decided to be honest about the reason I had to cancel. She never had to use a pet for the reason and we debated if we should tell the true reason. I'm glad we did. She did say the insurance person she went through, offered best wishes for my beloved Tinker. Unfortunately she did die and I was so thankful I cancelled.

Edited by LoveThisCruisingThing

• 1 month later...
If you have Princess insurance and cancel for any reason, how long do you have to book and take another cruise? Must the credit all be used on one cruise even if it is a large credit?

in jan 2018 i canceled. my credit is good until 12/2019

i hope someone else chimes in because i have questions about this:

if i book today and buy the insurance as i did before. and use this credit to book todays cruise. but then i have to cancel again tomorrow. do i still get the credit from jan 2018 back on my account? basically can you insure a credit is the question

i realize i do get the 'cash portion' i paid today for sure. but i have this nagging feeling someone told me something before about not being able to reuse the credit. i hope i'm wrong.

in jan 2018 i canceled. my credit is good until 12/2019

i hope someone else chimes in because i have questions about this:

if i book today and buy the insurance as i did before. and use this credit to book todays cruise. but then i have to cancel again tomorrow. do i still get the credit from jan 2018 back on my account? basically can you insure a credit is the question

i realize i do get the 'cash portion' i paid today for sure. but i have this nagging feeling someone told me something before about not being able to reuse the credit. i hope i'm wrong.

Seems to me that I was unable to insure the cruise fare portion that was offset by the credit.

how did you specifically know this?

I had a large credit to use toward my recent cruise (last week).......

It covered my cruise fare only and I still had to pay port tax/tax etc.

When I made final payment and added the insurance I was charged the minimum insurance allowed by Princess which was $39.00. This is standard practice.

Any excess credit will be placed back in the CC account to be use by the original expiration date.

my credit expires end 2019

however. i may be booking a cruise for october shortly

my gfs still has to ask for days off. but even assuming she does get the days off, i still worry about what if one of us has to cancel.

so if i book the cruise and then have to cancel id hate to have my credit be lost as a 'one time use only' type of thing. i would have hoped it would be put back on my account or refunded under the platinum plan. this is the answer i'm trying to find out.

i understand the credit date would still expire 12/2019 if it was refunded to me and thats ok of course.

my credit expires end 2019

however. i may be booking a cruise for october shortly

my gfs still has to ask for days off. but even assuming she does get the days off, i still worry about what if one of us has to cancel.

so if i book the cruise and then have to cancel id hate to have my credit be lost as a 'one time use only' type of thing. i would have hoped it would be put back on my account or refunded under the platinum plan. this is the answer i'm trying to find out.

i understand the credit date would still expire 12/2019 if it was refunded to me and thats ok of course.

I misunderstood your earlier post. Thought you said it expired this month.

As long as you cancel prior to final then the credit will be returned to your CC account.

At least it was in my case when I have held a couple of cruises and canceled them before final.

my brain isnt working. can someone decode this for me. sounds like i lose my credit

question:

I have a question regarding the 555 dollars of credit on my account. if i book a new cruise and buy the platinum plan, then have to cancel again, do i get my previous 555 back on my account in full?

TA answer; No, because once you applied the credit to the booking you’re paying a balance less that credit. The travel protection would cover the difference you paid for the final balance.

my brain isnt working. can someone decode this for me. sounds like i lose my credit

question:

I have a question regarding the 555 dollars of credit on my account. if i book a new cruise and buy the platinum plan, then have to cancel again, do i get my previous 555 back on my account in full?

TA answer; No, because once you applied the credit to the booking you’re paying a balance less that credit. The travel protection would cover the difference you paid for the final balance.

It is what I said before........ insurance would only cover the difference after subtracting your credit.

So if your cruise fare was $1000 and your credit was $555 then you could only insure the $445 difference.

You will lose the credit if you cancel. It is not insurable.

well i got it in writing from the princess TA so that to me constitutes a contract so the issue is settled at last..she says:

Yes, I’ve confirmed with customer relations the credit is available until you complete a sailing or it expires Dec 2019.

i'm assuming its ok to have just one person buy the insurance. now that i look at the pricing. it doesnt pay me to even buy insurance on this cruise. but for my gf of course it would since no credit there. since there are separate drop down boxes for each person i'm assuming that means one person can buy it and another person not buy it.

glad i realized that. id spend 77 bucks to insure 92 on my bill..kinda silly of me.

As I recall without looking it up if one buys it all must buy it. As a solo I did cancel “for any reason.” Had the insurance with automatic elite and others buy up. I was naive enough to think they could just transfer the amount to another cruise I had booked but not possible. A raft of papers had to be filled out....first medical....as expected they after a few week said I was not covered and then “papers for any reason.” I was covered but apparently two different companies are involved and the “cancel for any reason”company wanted to make sure medical wouldn’t pay. In any case after about a month the amount which was substantial was transferred to my account. I had another cruise booked and called and it was applied to that one less insurance costs. Other details are hazy but it was not nearly as easy as I had assumed. I am a frequent Princess traveler and always have two or three booked at once so the time element was not a factor for me. Mike

Sent from my iPad using Forums

canada has great free healthcare i'm told.:)

Canada has great healthcare, however it is NOT free for foreigners. My sister (from Europe) needed ER care, about $ 1,000.00 (incl. medication) for 1 day. Med. was $ 300.00

It is not free for us either because we pay monthly premiums.

Theo

• Like 1