Carnival Dream Excurtions - Help Please (Memphis, New Orleans & Western Caribbean)

Posting on the right board now hopefully lol

Me and my partner have just booked to go on this cruise in October and need a little help with recommended excursion's there seem to be so many and very little time at each destination. One of the destinations we are visiting is Cozumel, we would like to visit the Chichen Itza Mayan Ruins however looking at the duration for this (8 hours) we are concerned that we will not have enough time? Any help would be appreciated. Any advice on things to do at the other destinations would be great. (Memphis, New Orleans, Grand Cayman & Montego Bay)

Thanks all in advance :-)

My husband said these ruins were pretty cool but had gotten very commercialized in the past few years. Used to just be the ruins and last year was like a flea market with all the people selling stuff.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Hi.

Few things. :)

1). How long are you in Cozumel? If your ship offers the tour, you'll have enough time. As long as you book your excursion directly through Carnival, they will not leave you behind. They will hold the ship if your tour is late. And, if by some fluke, the ship leaves without you (and this is extremely rare), Carnival will fly you to the next port at their expense. However, you have to book through Carnival.

2). Grand Cayman. Go to Stingray City or Stingray Sandbar. Swimming with the stingrays is a once in a lifetime encounter.

3). Memphis? As in Memphis Tennessee? Hmm. Well, there's Graceland. And I enjoy the blues and booze on Beale Street.

In Memphis they made that big pyramid into a bass pro shop. I'd check that out if I went there.

Www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CFPageC?storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&appID=94&storeID=61&tab=3&cm_sp=Store061Feb2015_RD&cm_ven=redirect&cm_cat=mktg&cm_pla=bps&cm_ite=memphispyramid

In New Orleans if you have 3-5 hours during the day, the WWII museum should top your list

http://www.nationalww2museum.org/visit/mobile.html

Ruins are good. Most people go to them in Progreso and Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel but you won't be going to Progreso so Cozumel is your only chance at the ruins.

Haven't been to Grand Cayman...yet :)

Edited by Saint Greg

Since no one else said it, I will. Go check out the ports of call forum. There is a TON of information for your ports, as they are the most common ones for that type of itinerary.

There is a gulf homeport section as well. There is a lot of information for NOLA there.

As another post said, if you are looking at a Carnival-sponsored excursion, your timely return to the cruise ship is guaranteed. If you are looking at a private excursion to the ruins, I might think twice.

Have fun poking around on the forums. For me, this type of planning is almost half the fun of the cruise :)

For New Orleans, I second the WWII museum. If that doesn't interest you try a City Tour. There are tons of places to sign up once you get there, or you can book in advance. I was there for the first time in January and it gave us the chance to see a little of everything with the knowledge of a tour guide.

They also have air boat rides. We opted not to do this because we live in Florida and have done them here. I imagine it would be similar no matter where you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you book through the ship, you will make it without having to worry about the time. For things that are far from the ship, or very long in duration, a ship's excursion is the way to go. The ship will either wait for you, or get you (on their dime) to the next port.