Quick Magic Review

Banks822

Port 3- Roatán, Honduras

This was a great day for all of us! We went to Little French Key and loved the place. The 1st time I went to Roatán we booked Maya Key through Carnival. Brad and I loved that excursion as well, so if you don't like booking outside of Carnival I recommend that one for sure.

We picked LFK this time because I had read so many good reviews and it looked like there would plenty for everyone to do. It was a smart choice! I booked the $88 package. It included lunch, 2 drinks, and snorkeling. It was a long walk, partly uphill, to get to our van that would take us to LFK. My mother-n-law couldn't make the walk and we couldn't find a taxi so my in-laws didn't go. Once we got out of the gate and to our van we left right away. I liked that they didn't make us wait on other people! Our group of 12 loaded up and we were off. It was a short ride to the entrance where we paid $80 each because we got a discount for paying cash and they put our bracelets on. Then we got on a fairy and rode across the water to LFK.

Once we were there our waiter for the day took us on a tour and found us a place with enough chairs for our group. We had one area all to ourselves and we loved that! He told us that water was $2 and soda was $3 so to save our drink tickets for the expensive drinks. When he found out we didn't drink alcohol he picked at us all day and would bring us drinks and say Miami Vice with double shots...lol

He took good care of us all day. FYI- the drinks were $7 or $8 each, but w/o alcohol just $5. And they were good sized glasses. Their pina colada was so good I wanted to freeze it and eat it with a spoon like ice cream!

Brad wanted to go out on the boat to snorkel so a few of us paid $10.00 and went on the 10:00 tour. That was 12:00 ship time. You can buy a package that includes the guided snorkeling, but I knew everyone wouldn't want to do it. If you like to snorkel then you'll enjoy this a lot! After we snorkeled we went back and had lunch. Our lunch was lobster, shrimp, beef, and chicken. Slaw, rice and beans, salsa and chips. A huge plate and good food. Then we spent the rest of the day enjoying the water and regular snorkeling, paddle boards, kayaks, and lounging around. Also, we went through the zoo and held the monkeys. We had 6 very happy teenagers and it was a beautiful day! I'll post a few pictures.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

Quick Question when you all went snorkeling did you bring your own gear? We have an excursion in Grand Turk and wasn't sure how that worked.

Some people had there own, but we always use the gear provided.

Port 3- Roatán, Honduras

This was a great day for all of us! We went to Little French Key and loved the place.

We will be on the Magic in November and doing same itinerary, and also booked LFK (first time). I was curious how long you stayed and when you left to go back to ship? Also what was your port time in Roatan for your cruise? Thanks any info.would be appreciated! Love reading about others first-hand experience on excursions. Btw we are also from NC, :D small world according to a lot of other posts on your review.

We will be on the Magic in November and doing same itinerary, and also booked LFK (first time). I was curious how long you stayed and when you left to go back to ship? Also what was your port time in Roatan for your cruise? Thanks any info.would be appreciated! Love reading about others first-hand experience on excursions. Btw we are also from NC, :D small world according to a lot of other posts on your review.

Our port time was 9 until 5:30. So we were at LFK by 9:30 and we left at 4:00 ship time. We were back on board by 4:30. They were 2 hours behind us, so we left at 2 their time. It was a full day, which was great because we didn't want to shop in the port.

People in NC must really like to cruise! Lol

Port 4- Costa Maya

Our time here was 7 to 2. Back on board by 1:30, and it was not enough time! I would love to have more time here. By this day everyone was getting tired. Four port days in a row is a lot when you do an excursion at every place. I reserved chairs at Tropicante which was actually free. Most of our group decided to go into port and shop a little while. Brad, myself, and our oldest daughter took the open air shuttle for $3.00 each to Tropicante and had a nice relaxing, but short, day on the beach. The water was so much prettier here than in Cozumel. I had an awesome 30 minute massage for 20 bucks too! We ordered 3 Cokes, steak and chorizo tacos, cheese dip, salsa and chips, plus my massage and our total bill was $47.00 I can't get a massage in NC for $47.00...lol A few vendors walked around with cigars and pocketbooks, but we said no thanks and they kept going. We checked out the shops across the street and prices were half what they were in port. At 12:45 We paid our bill and tips, then bought a few things and caught a taxi back to port. We were onboard by 1:15 no problem. I would recommend Tropicante to anyone going to Costa Maya! It's close by, cheap, good food, and beautiful. I'll share some pictures. Btw - the 1 hour massage is only $30.

Overall we had a great trip. We ejoyed all the shows, especially Flick. The music around ship was all good. I loved the strings trio. There was always something for everyone to do. We spent several afternoons in the Cloud9 Spa since we had spa cabins. That was a nice way to relax before bed. We had strawberries, champagne, and a ship on a stick in our room for our anniversary, but there was no note, and we also got a photo coupon from our room steward. Brad and I have both decided we prefer the middle sized ships like Conquest and Liberty. No complaints about the Magic, I just think the bigger ships need more staff. We never went to the comedy shows, so no comment there. We liked Pig and Anchor, pizza, and the deli. Got room service a few times and it was always good.

The only negatives I can say are the chair hogs, I wish the pictures didn't cost so much, and Costa Maya was to short of a day. I'll post a few random pics, and if you have any questions I'll try to answer!