Quick Magic Review

Banks822

Port 2- Belize

Well we got up nice and early because of the long tender ride even though we had fttf. My hubby can't stand being late and I'm a don't rush me I'm waiting for the last minute kinda girl. Lol What we didn't know was that Belize was 3 hours behind ship time! Our excursion to Goff's Caye was set for 9 local time. I could have slept in!!

So since we were up we had breakfast and took our time getting ready. Then the kids ate a snack again since this excursion didn't include lunch. Only 9 of us went out today. The other 5 stayed on the ship and relaxed in Cloud 9 Spa and on their balconies. I've been to Belize 1 other time and stayed inside the Port to shop. I had no clue just how beautiful it really was! Wow! And the people were so nice and told us so much about the area.

Goff's Caye is a tiny little island, but it's just beautiful. We paid $40.00 each to go and snorkel. Once we tendered, we walked to the shopping center area and paid off our balance. Then we got on a boat and rode out to the island. It took about 15 minutes to get there. They gave us cold water in bags (so neat) on the way over and explained who everyone was and how our day would go. Once we arrived, we had 10 minutes to look around and get ready to snorkel if you wanted to. They split us up in groups of 6 or 7 per guide and took us a little ways out. We actually swam around and made our way to shore. We snorkeled for 45 minutes then had 1 hour on the beach. The water was choppy, so I was glad to have guides because I knew my children were okay.

Once on shore we found a picnic table and shared a few plates of shrimp, chicken, and rice, $8.00 a plate, then hit the water again. They had rum punch and fruit punch, but we stuck with the water. On the way back we saw several dolphins. They stopped the boat so we could watch them jump out of the water. It was a great beach day and we were tired! We got off and right back onto a tender boat for the Magic. After dinner that night it didn't take any of us long to fall asleep. I didn't even make it to the Love and Marriage show because I was out by 8:00. I'll post a few pics of the island next.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

Looking forward to hearing more about your experience. I will be on the Magic (first cruise) with a 13 and 17yr old and my 71yr old mom this next feb.

Which week are you sailing? We are going in February also :-)

Since they now use tablets and scan your card as you walk into your muster station they knew exactly who didn't show up. They called out a very long list of cabin numbers a few times. This made the drill take longer than needed. Please just go to the drill people and get it over with! Now that's over, let the fun begin!!

Is muster on the Magic indoors sitting down or out on deck standing up? The reason I ask is that DH has mobility problems and can't stand for long periods. Thanks

Hi Neighbor. I live in South Greensboro and work in High Point!! Going on the Magic next February!! Thanks for the review!! Looking forward to it myself!!

I live in Thomasville! We really are neighbors. Lol Enjoy the Magic!!

Enjoying your review so far. Did you say you only had an hour on Goff's Caye after snorkeling for 45 minutes?

Yes, after we snorkeled we had around an hour on the beach. That doesn't sound long, but everyone was ready to go by then. Once you are in the water for almost 2 hours you're tired! Lol Other people were there when we arrived, so they must of booked through a different company and they had more time on the beach. But with a 3 hour time difference we had to get back to the ship.

How was Fishlips? We were planning to either eat there or Grills?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It was really good. If you eat upstairs on the rooftop around 4 you can watch the ships sail away. Also from 3 to 5 is happy hour and they have several $5.00 appetizers. I ordered the nacho app for my meal and it was a big portion!

Hi Neighbor. I live in South Greensboro and work in High Point!! Going on the Magic next February!! Thanks for the review!! Looking forward to it myself!!

I live in Thomasville! We really are neighbors. Lol Enjoy the Magic!!

Small world on this thread haha. I live in Northern Greensboro and work in High Point! Going on the Magic this weekend!