Carnival Corp lost some $$$ tonight

VASOXFANN

I don't think anyone thinks that. People are just tired of these self created victims. They do things knowings the restrictions and when an exception is not made for them they need to run off to a safe space to process it.

If there is a process for something you should expect it will be followed, any bending or changing is pure good will and not to be expected. On the other hand the lack of change does not make you a victim.

The process in place at the time the OP booked was that the OBC would transfer. He is not asking for an exception. He is asking for what he agreed to when he booked, and what Carnival agreed to simultaneously.

The process in place at the time the OP booked was that the OBC would transfer. He is not asking for an exception. He is asking for what he agreed to when he booked, and what Carnival agreed to simultaneously.

Old terms didn't change except this particular type cabins and rates are no longer available.

Old terms didn't change except this particular type cabins and rates are no longer available.

No. The cabins (8A) and rate (military) are available. He said there were no cabins left with the OBC available. When I pressed him about it and tried to pin him down about whether the on-board booking change is the reason why I couldn't transfer the booking, he wouldn't give me an answer and kept repeating this. That is why I believe it is related.

All is correct except I am a she ;p

Rules are rules I always read them prior to booking anything. If they break them for one person everyone will expect it. unless something dire like a death or something drastic. I lost my OBC because of a change and I knew it would happen so I dealt with it. Still taking my cruise and already looking for a future one.

It sure would be nice if you would extend your fellow posters the same courtesy and READ before posting.

Edited by VASOXFANN

No. The cabins (8A) and rate (military) are available. He said there were no cabins left with the OBC available. When I pressed him about it and tried to pin him down about whether the on-board booking change is the reason why I couldn't transfer the booking, he wouldn't give me an answer and kept repeating this. That is why I believe it is related.

Did you talk to someone else? This is why I despise the 800 number. I think this person was mistaken. Times like this is when a PVP is worth their weight in gold. May I recommend the next time you think about Carnival, you get a PVP? Wish I could give you the name of mine [emoji52].

"they would not allow the OBC to transfer from the original booking to the new booking saying "there are no cabins left with that booking code." That is the piece that was missing.

I already wrote I could have worded it better, so I don't know what more you want from me. It's amazing that people who have actually booked on board knew exactly what I was posting about. :confused:

When people who don't even know that booking types other than early saver even exist and those with 3 posts start pig-piling on, why even bother trying to make sense? They don't read anyway.

I already wrote I could have worded it better, so I don't know what more you want from me. It's amazing that people who have actually booked on board knew exactly what I was posting about. :confused:

When people who don't even know that booking types other than early saver even exist and those with 3 posts start pig-piling on, why even bother trying to make sense? They don't read anyway.

I've never booked onboard but I still understood it.

It's my understanding (and I am no expert so I may be wrong) that the military rate is capacity controlled for each sailing and once it's full then it's full. At least that is what this sounds like to me.

The military rate is still available for both cruises I inquired about. You can check if you'd like. Splendor - Alaska - 8/25/18

Pride - S. Caribbean - 1/6/19

All is correct except I am a she ;p

My apologies. I too am a she, having a lot of trouble figuring out the lack of reading comprehension displayed on this thread.

My next cruise was booked on board last summer. I have made changes to the reservation and have, as promised by Carnival's terms and conditions, maintained the OBC for booking on-board.

I understand your unhappiness at not having those same T&C being honored by Carnival, Lesson learned here; no more booking on board for me. And I'm truly sorry they didn't uphold their end of the bargain with you.

I hope you enjoy your replacement cruise.

My apologies. I too am a she, having a lot of trouble figuring out the lack of reading comprehension displayed on this thread.

My next cruise was booked on board last summer. I have made changes to the reservation and have, as promised by Carnival's terms and conditions, maintained the OBC for booking on-board.

I understand your unhappiness at not having those same T&C being honored by Carnival, Lesson learned here; no more booking on board for me. And I'm truly sorry they didn't uphold their end of the bargain with you.

I hope you enjoy your replacement cruise.

No problem :) It's a little confusing because I have both of our names in the signature line and with the military rate...it's understandable. We both served, which makes it nice on Princess. Double military OBC! :D

Thanks for the defense, and it's OK. I'm looking forward to trying some new lines.

Did you talk to someone else? This is why I despise the 800 number. I think this person was mistaken. Times like this is when a PVP is worth their weight in gold. May I recommend the next time you think about Carnival, you get a PVP? Wish I could give you the name of mine [emoji52].

I talked to the rep, who seemed nervous and befuddled, and his supervisor, who had a bit of an attitude.

; no more booking on board for me.

I agree. The incentive to book onboard is now gone. $50 OBC is frequently offered by big box and some TAs. Not worth the grief to book ES on board and deny yourself the flexibility to make future change or cancel without penalty.

Edited by sfaaa

Well enjoy Celebrity. If anyone wants to take advantage of 2 friends and family vouchers for the Celebrity Edge sailing January 13, 2019 let me know. It's $150 OBC but you have to book before the 14th of this month. There are 2 available. Shoot me over an email (it's in my signature).

Just looked at the plans for the ship. WOW! We're in. :D

I'll shoot you an email

I'm sorry if anything that I said has upset you, wasn't my intent at all. If you only want your post to make sense to a small group of posters I suppose wording it like you did was fine, but many of us don't. And of course if you want someone to learn from your experience the more info given, the better. I am glad that you found a cruise that you will like and it sucks that CCL wasn't able to do anything for your booking, regardless of why.

I'm sorry if anything that I said has upset you, wasn't my intent at all. If you only want your post to make sense to a small group of posters I suppose wording it like you did was fine, but many of us don't. And of course if you want someone to learn from your experience the more info given, the better. I am glad that you found a cruise that you will like and it sucks that CCL wasn't able to do anything for your booking, regardless of why.

No harm, no foul. Please check out Alaska cruises and get there soon. :)

No problem :) It's a little confusing because I have both of our names in the signature line and with the military rate...it's understandable. We both served, which makes it nice on Princess. Double military OBC! :D

Thanks for the defense, and it's OK. I'm looking forward to trying some new lines.

I have to say I am very impressed with the composure you were able to keep with all of the ridiculous accusations from people on here who jumped to conclusions and clearly did not comprehend what you were trying to say. I understood from the first post - you never once mentioned booking early saver or anything non refundable. I would have lost it long ago. :')

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your cruise on Celebrity. It's too bad Carnival has left a bad taste in your mouth and I don't blame you at all for bailing.