Itinerary change on Adventure of the seas.

We are on the June 3 sailing of Adventure of the Seas and when I do a mock booking there is a popup with the change to Martinique. Just to be sure I contacted Royal Caribbean and our travel agent and neither one knew anything about the change. The only thing that they told me is that the May 13 cruise had the change due to dredging in the port. They had not received a memo for changes for any other cruise.

We are on the June 3 sailing of Adventure of the Seas and when I do a mock booking there is a popup with the change to Martinique. Just to be sure I contacted Royal Caribbean and our travel agent and neither one knew anything about the change. The only thing that they told me is that the May 13 cruise had the change due to dredging in the port. They had not received a memo for changes for any other cruise.

We are on the same cruise. I guess we will find out when we board : )

Made numerous calls to Royal Caribbean today. Nothing in the system for the booking people show anything about Martinique. In fact one agent guaranteed me we were not going to Martinique. I still don't believe any of them. When you do a new booking online it does show Martinique not to St. Lucia. But no one at the Royal Caribbean booking area apparently has any idea or can give you any information at all about this possible change.

Made numerous calls to Royal Caribbean today. Nothing in the system for the booking people show anything about Martinique. In fact one agent guaranteed me we were not going to Martinique. I still don't believe any of them. When you do a new booking online it does show Martinique not to St. Lucia. But no one at the Royal Caribbean booking area apparently has any idea or can give you any information at all about this possible change.

I'm on hold now I'll see what they say.

Just got off the phone with them and they said the website is showing the itinerary change but he was still able to book excursions for St Lucia, so he is pretty sure it is still going to St. Lucia. I guess Ill just wait and see

Also when booking independent tours during Hurricane season please note their cancellation policies especially if you pay ahead.

That could also influence who you book with.

Never been a problem for us since we always book excursions thru the ship and if a port changes excursions are reimbursed, and once when there were not a lot of people taking excursion and it was cancelled credit was placed on our sea pass.

Safe travels.

I've never had a private tour operator ask for money up front.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thought I was being pretty mild about it. Not looking for perfection; just a little period once in a while. Sorry if I upset you.

I agree, it was a little hard to read with no punctuation. It sounded to me like they were non-native English speakers.

I just got off the phone with our TA and they told me that RCI assured them that we would be going to St.Lucia on the June 3 sailing of Adventure of the Seas. Their explanation was that due to dredging in the port area they had to change ports for this weeks sailing. If they change ports on one sailing it changes the ports on all of the cruises with the same itinerary. Makes no sense to me, just glad we still get to do St. Lucia. But I would take this all with a grain of salt.

I just got off the phone with our TA and they told me that RCI assured them that we would be going to St.Lucia on the June 3 sailing of Adventure of the Seas. Their explanation was that due to dredging in the port area they had to change ports for this weeks sailing. If they change ports on one sailing it changes the ports on all of the cruises with the same itinerary. Makes no sense to me, just glad we still get to do St. Lucia. But I would take this all with a grain of salt.

I guess we just have to wait a week and see if they remove the alert once the affected sailings have departed. With all the website issues RCL has, I can't say I'm surprised setting an alert for one sailing has an effect on all others that are grouped as "the same" itinerary. I tried a mock booking of my October 7th sailing and got the alert also. I seriously doubt they are going to be dredging for the next 5 months. It would ruin the whole summer's tourism industry!

Hopefully it is just be a technical error with the site. I would hate to no show on our St. Lucia tour. If they are going to reroute us I would love some notice so I could call our your company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because of reading this here, I went to RCCL's website and my 7/15 cruise, sure enough, came up with an itinerary change. I did some checking knowing that Martinique's tours book quickly, I have been in contact with Thomas Vincent Tours. He was unaware of the change so he is pretty open for the near future. I don't know about Karambola Tours (I read they are usually filled 6 months out). I'm sure there are a lot of taxi's at the pier but I believe the problem may be getting an English speak guide.

Just thought I would pass this along that, at least for now, Thomas Vincent is pretty open for those days we were supposed to be in St Lucia. Do a search on his name in Martinique and it will come up. The North Tours looks pretty amazing. Plus, his website has a chat option that is incredibly easy to use. I just had a 15 min chat with him and was able to get all of my questions answered.

With all of the opposing info, I sure hope we know before the cruise. I do NOT want to leave a tour operator in the lurch because RCCL can't definitively say where we are going until after we board.

With all of the opposing info, I sure hope we know before the cruise. I do NOT want to leave a tour operator in the lurch because RCCL can't definitively say where we are going until after we board.

Agreed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also called Royal this morning and asked them to check the cruise my friend will be on. I was told there is no itin change. When you look at TA sites, it does not show a change, only if you try to book on Royal's site. So I am guessing it is maybe a glitch on Royal's site since no one has been notified, it is still allowing excursions for St Lucia to be booked and the only site that is showing the change is Royal's actual site, the site TA's use is not showing that change.

IF your itinerary is changed to go to Martinique instead of St. Lucia, take advantage of the opportunity to visit the Balata Gardens. We did a ship excursion there 2 winters ago and loved it. Very impressive, very lovely, very well done.

Because of reading this here, I went to RCCL's website and my 7/15 cruise, sure enough, came up with an itinerary change. I did some checking knowing that Martinique's tours book quickly, I have been in contact with Thomas Vincent Tours. He was unaware of the change so he is pretty open for the near future. I don't know about Karambola Tours (I read they are usually filled 6 months out). I'm sure there are a lot of taxi's at the pier but I believe the problem may be getting an English speak guide.

Just thought I would pass this along that, at least for now, Thomas Vincent is pretty open for those days we were supposed to be in St Lucia. Do a search on his name in Martinique and it will come up. The North Tours looks pretty amazing. Plus, his website has a chat option that is incredibly easy to use. I just had a 15 min chat with him and was able to get all of my questions answered.

Karambola is THE BEST. [emoji1]

This is from RCCL representative

Hey, C....Current sailings are not calling to Saint Lucia, the Saint Lucia Air and Sea Ports Authority advised they are currently conducting dredging operations at the port, required for Adventure to dock safely. We don't have the specifics as to how long this will go on for. Please keep in mind, any excursions through us are covered if we don't make it to the port of call.

Also,

follow up with excursions they said don't cancel Saint Lucia or book Martinique at least for me I have August sailing. Once RCCL knows how long the dredging will take we will get an email.

Hmmm, I guess I'll just keep our tour with Hawkshaws and hope for the best. We leave in 18 days.

I do not have an excursion booked for St Lucia - just was going to the beach. I'm on the 7/18 sailing. Yesterday I contacted Thomas Vincent and booked with him for 7/19 in Martinique. For now, I guess I'll keep Thomas' booking until I hear otherwise. I told him that I will cancel with him just as soon as I know. The problem is, I hope RCCL is on the ball about letting us know. I do not want to tie up this guy's time if we won't eventually be there. :( I know there is nothing I can do at the moment. I just hope RCCL is on top of the information.

This is from RCCL representative

Hey, C....Current sailings are not calling to Saint Lucia, the Saint Lucia Air and Sea Ports Authority advised they are currently conducting dredging operations at the port, required for Adventure to dock safely. We don't have the specifics as to how long this will go on for. Please keep in mind, any excursions through us are covered if we don't make it to the port of call.

Probably good info. When we were there, they were actively dredging the port. On our Excursion, the locals were excited as they said the big ships (Oasis Class) were supposed to make port there in 2017. Who knows if that is true but the locals seem to think so. Having 6000+ cruisers hitting port is much better than 2000+ on the smaller ships.

I kinda don't understand........was Adventure already going there? Could she fit? If so, are they dredging for bigger ships?

I read an article that said they were expanding the port for larger ships. According to the article the expansion is supposed to be complete by December 2017.