Using Drinks Package First Day ?

Hi

Have tried to search for this but couldn't see anything (sure it will be somewhere), our first time with RCI and we have just purchased our various Premium and Soda Drinks Packages. When we board on the first day are we able to use these packages for drinks before we are allowed to our cabins, the SetSail Pass which i have printed off does not reflect we have a drinks package so wondering how it works ?

We are on Independence Of The Seas from Southampton on 27th May

Thanks

Hi

Have tried to search for this but couldn't see anything (sure it will be somewhere), our first time with RCI and we have just purchased our various Premium and Soda Drinks Packages. When we board on the first day are we able to use these packages for drinks before we are allowed to our cabins, the SetSail Pass which i have printed off does not reflect we have a drinks package so wondering how it works ?

Thanks

On Indy, you get your SeaPass card at check-in, which will already have the drink package sticker.

Hi

Thanks

As others have stated it is noted on your SeaPass card which is basically your lifeblood on board. You will have access to all of these things the minute you step on board. Find a bar and post up and wait until sail away. Your SeaPass card also doubles as your room key/charge card.

Thanks all, reason i asked was when we went on a Thomson Cruise our room card was actually in the cabin, they told us we should have printed off our drinks package confirmation to get drinks before we went to the cabin.

On ships like Anthem where the sea pass cards are at your cabin your "set sail" pass allows for drink purchases if you have pre-purchased the package.

Doesn't hurt to have the printed confirmation of purchase with you in the event some computer glitch causes problems with your drink package.

I always take hard copies of everything I have pre-purchased. Luckily I have never had to use them. But it makes me feel better just in case. It's only been a couple of times at hotels I have had to use them.

On our last cruise, there were NO drink stickers on our Sea Pass...I also bring copies of pre-paid stuff, thank goodness! We wasted valuable drinking time standing in the customer service line, where they looked up our payment (using my print out). After that, no worries :)

On our last cruise, there were NO drink stickers on our Sea Pass...I also bring copies of pre-paid stuff, thank goodness! We wasted valuable drinking time standing in the customer service line, where they looked up our payment (using my print out). After that, no worries :)

If you prebuy, it is not a sticker, it is actually printed on your SeaPass. If it's not there when you check in, you can get it corrected then.

Ok, I'm going to re-phrase the question......

I'm going on the Harmony this coming weekend and wondering the same, since I know our SeaPasses will be in our cabin and have the drink package - So the question really is - How do I use my alcohol drink package to get a bar drink before cabins open up at 1pm??

TIA!:)

I'm going on the Harmony this coming weekend and wondering the same, since I know our SeaPasses will be in our cabin and have the drink package - So the question really is - How do I use my alcohol drink package to get a bar drink before cabins open up at 1pm??

You use your SetSail (boarding) pass. The bartender can scan the barcode on the pass and determine if you have the package.

Discarded comment

If you prebuy, it is not a sticker, it is actually printed on your SeaPass. If it's not there when you check in, you can get it corrected then.

You are not correct, on Independance of the Seas ( from the UK ) there is a sticker regardless of when you purchased the beverage package.

You are not correct, on Independance of the Seas ( from the UK ) there is a sticker regardless of when you purchased the beverage package.

Our experience has been that the soda package gets you a preprinted logo on the SeaPass card, but the other packages get a sticker.

Upon boarding Serenade last fall, and ordering our first drink, DH had the drink pkg and I did not even though both were paid for.

I had to dig out our conformation and it was taken away by a lower officer, corrected and returned to me in 10 minutes with my drink and apologies.

Always print out conformations!!

Hi

Thanks

I have been on many different types of RCCL ships, with stickers, no cards until stateroom, wrist band things, and a sheet of paper with a bar code. Each and every time, I managed to get a drink within 10 minutes of boarding.

I'll bet after that the first drink of the day was all that much better. :D:wine-glass::cocktail::tropical-drink::beer-mug:

Our experience has been that the soda package gets you a preprinted logo on the SeaPass card, but the other packages get a sticker.

Indy from FL in December, had PP/UP/DX printed (same font as C&A status) on bottom right of card if purchased ahead of time.

You'll absolutely be able to use it as soon as you set foot on board, however - be prepared for a lot of the bars not to be fully setup/stocked yet. It'll be at least until after muster drill and more likely after dinner before all the bars are fully equipped to make any drink on their menu. You'll often have to settle for what's available until then. Not the end of the world by any stretch, just something to be cognizant of.