Where to Purchase Wine in San Pedro

ijsa

Hi Folks, we will be staying at the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro, CA and would appreciate help in finding the location of a store where we can purchase wine prior to our cruise.

Mahalo, Ian

Hi Folks, we will be staying at the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro, CA and would appreciate help in finding the location of a store where we can purchase wine prior to our cruise.

Mahalo, Ian

There is a small grocery store and a bar selling wine within walking distance of the hotel. Just ask hotel front desk for direction.

We stayed at Crowne Plaza last time we sailed from San Pedro and it seems to me there was a wine store within a few blocks of the hotel. We actually took a longer walk one evening and walked down to a CVS. I don't recall how far it was (much farther than the wine store) but it really wasn't a looooong walk or anything. We actually already had the wine we were taking onboard and were just looking for something to have in our hotel room.

Crowne Plaza was fine. The staff was fine. The service was fine. The elevator was... pathetic. Ah, well. We booked through priceline.com and I "bid" a price rather than taking their "deal". Wow. We got the pre-cruise night for $88 and the post-cruise night for $86. I tried that for our pre-cruise stay next October and the best I could manage is $167.80. Sigh... Times have changed.

If I remember there is a store that sells wine along W. 6th St. Also if you walk all the way up W. 6th St. to S. Gaffey St. there are lots of stores including a CVS and a liquor store. It's about a 15min walk one way.

THIS POST in one of my roll call threads lists places for folks staying at either Crowne Plaza or Doubletree in San Pedro. There is also a spot for those going directly to the port. The link is provided as attribution as this is not information provided by me.

The relevant text of the post is:

=====================

Where to purchase wine in San Pedro, CA

For those people who are going directly to check-in at the World Cruise Center:

Ocean Liquor Market, 233 N.Harbor Blvd # A, San Pedro, CA 310-514-9360, this location is right across the street from the World Cruise Center where you check in for your cruise, and yes they are open on Sunday.

The following stores are close to the Crowne Plaza Hotel and all are west of the hotel.

Off the Vine, 491 W. 6th St. 310-831-1551 from the Crowne Plaza Hotel walk one block north to W. 6th St., turn left and walk west to S. Pacific Ave. and W. 6th St.

VONS 1221 S Gaffey St, San Pedro, 310-832-7063 S.Gaffey St. between W.12th. & W.13th.St

CVS 700 S.Gaffey Street San Pedro, 310-514-2003S. Gaffey St. & W. 8th. St.

Rite-Aid 501 S.Gaffey St, San Pedro, 310-831-9167 S. Gaffey St. between W. 5th. & W. 6th. St.

Cabrillo Liquors & Fine Wines 1317 S.Gaffey St. 310-547-4447 S.Gaffey St. between W.13th. & W.14th. St.

A1 Imported Groceries 348 W.8th St, San Pedro, 310-833-3430 closest location go West on 7th. then South on S.Centre St. then West on 8th.St. Dist.= 0.3 miles Time = 6 min.

If you are staying at the Hilton DoubleTree your choices are somewhat less and further away.

VONS 1440 W. 25th St, San Pedro, 310-832-0319

Stanley’s Liquor & Jr. Market 1803 S.Pacific Ave., San Pedro, 310-833-8381 there is a 7-11 store next door

Cabrillo Liquors & Fine Wines 1317 S.Gaffey St. 310-547-4447 S.Gaffey St between W.13th. & W.14th. St.

VONS 1221 S.Gaffey St, San Pedro, 310-832-7063 S.Gaffey St. between W.12th. & W.13th. St

If you have access to a mapping program such as Bing maps, Google maps or MS Trips & Streets, then you can visually see where these stores are located in relation to the hotel you are staying at.

THIS POST in one of my roll call threads lists places for folks staying at either Crowne Plaza or Doubletree in San Pedro. There is also a spot for those going directly to the port. The link is provided as attribution as this is not information provided by me.

The relevant text of the post is:

=====================

Where to purchase wine in San Pedro, CA

For those people who are going directly to check-in at the World Cruise Center:

Ocean Liquor Market, 233 N.Harbor Blvd # A, San Pedro, CA 310-514-9360, this location is right across the street from the World Cruise Center where you check in for your cruise, and yes they are open on Sunday.

The following stores are close to the Crowne Plaza Hotel and all are west of the hotel.

Off the Vine, 491 W. 6th St. 310-831-1551 from the Crowne Plaza Hotel walk one block north to W. 6th St., turn left and walk west to S. Pacific Ave. and W. 6th St.

VONS 1221 S Gaffey St, San Pedro, 310-832-7063 S.Gaffey St. between W.12th. & W.13th.St

CVS 700 S.Gaffey Street San Pedro, 310-514-2003S. Gaffey St. & W. 8th. St.

Rite-Aid 501 S.Gaffey St, San Pedro, 310-831-9167 S. Gaffey St. between W. 5th. & W. 6th. St.

Cabrillo Liquors & Fine Wines 1317 S.Gaffey St. 310-547-4447 S.Gaffey St. between W.13th. & W.14th. St.

A1 Imported Groceries 348 W.8th St, San Pedro, 310-833-3430 closest location go West on 7th. then South on S.Centre St. then West on 8th.St. Dist.= 0.3 miles Time = 6 min.

If you are staying at the Hilton DoubleTree your choices are somewhat less and further away.

VONS 1440 W. 25th St, San Pedro, 310-832-0319

Stanley’s Liquor & Jr. Market 1803 S.Pacific Ave., San Pedro, 310-833-8381 there is a 7-11 store next door

Cabrillo Liquors & Fine Wines 1317 S.Gaffey St. 310-547-4447 S.Gaffey St between W.13th. & W.14th. St.

VONS 1221 S.Gaffey St, San Pedro, 310-832-7063 S.Gaffey St. between W.12th. & W.13th. St

If you have access to a mapping program such as Bing maps, Google maps or MS Trips & Streets, then you can visually see where these stores are located in relation to the hotel you are staying at.

The selection and quality of the wines in many of these places is not good.

The selection and quality of the wines in many of these places is not good.

The person who actually compiled the info did it as a favor to make things easy for those cruising without them having to track down places and take expensive taxi or Uber rides to shop. It was more for convenience than for the wine connoisseur. If I was an oenophile I would be taking my own wine with me or have researched on my own for places to purchase fine wines.