Just off Anthem 9 day, the good + the bad mini-review

Vroom was very reliable if you wish to engage in social media stuff -my daughter posted pics to Facebook daily -just make sure you put phone in airplane mode -also royal as app where you can text to other people in your party -however everyone must have the app which is about $7.95

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is no "usual" with Royal. There are no automatic credits either. If the price goes down (you have to watch for that), you can cancel and re-order.

Great. Thank you. I didn't know I could cancel and reorder. I thought once ordered it was done.

Vroom was very reliable if you wish to engage in social media stuff -my daughter posted pics to Facebook daily -just make sure you put phone in airplane mode -also royal as app where you can text to other people in your party -however everyone must have the app which is about $7.95

There are two people in my party. If both get the ultimate drink and voom package with one device that covers each of us and our personal phones each?

Dining - we had friends who kept taking us to Coastal Kitchen (suites only guests). Make friends with someone in a suite - amazing dining venue.

Cruisecrazycanuck, I will be on Anthem next month and am super excited. We're staying in a jr suite, and I was under the impression that we were not allowed to bring guests with us. We are sailing with 2 friends of ours and would love to be able to have dinner with them if possible. When you went to the Coastal kitchen, did the suite guests just own it, or did they ask if it would be ok?

There are two people in my party. If both get the ultimate drink and voom package with one device that covers each of us and our personal phones each?

Yes, if you each get that package you will each be able to have one device logged in at a time. You would not need to pay the $7.95 to text via the Royal IQ app since you can text via voom. Make sure you download the Royal IQ app though so you will be able to see your cruise calendar and make additional reservations, if needed, once you board the ship.

Great. Thank you. I didn't know I could cancel and reorder. I thought once ordered it was done.

You don't have to cancel. If any price reduction, just call RCL and they will price adjust. Done this many times.

oh interesting. I didn't realize the AC shut off if you took your key card out of the slot. I would wonder if being gone most of the day if the room was warm coming back.

We knew about this trick going in but tried it a couple times leaving the card out. The room was noticeably warmer and stuffier, not hot or uncomfortable, but it was noticeable. It never took long to cool down though.

And once the Final Payment deadline is reached, any further fare reduction's are "for new bookings only"...they will not lower your fare, nor give you OBC to make up for it.

However, if a higher category cabin price comes down....they will usually permit you to upgrade to the higher category at the sale price, and give you full credit for whatever you paid for your current category... they only will charge you the difference, if any.

In PR our plan was to go to El Morro and than walk back thru old town....yes no maybe?

That's very doable by foot - we did this in early May. The one caveat is that if you are planning to use the trolley, it does not start running until well after you dock and are able to get off the ship. Sadly the 9 day itinerary gets you in port well before many locations open or get running. But if you don't mind walking, you are good to go! It's safe and very doable.

Yes, if you each get that package you will each be able to have one device logged in at a time. You would not need to pay the $7.95 to text via the Royal IQ app since you can text via voom. Make sure you download the Royal IQ app though so you will be able to see your cruise calendar and make additional reservations, if needed, once you board the ship.

Morning

is there a charge to TXT via Royal IQ? looks like your saying its 7.95 is that a total or per day

thanks

Morning

is there a charge to TXT via Royal IQ? looks like your saying its 7.95 is that a total or per day

thanks

Texting via Royal IQ is $7.95 per device per cruise. Only available on Quantum class ships plus Harmony.

Thank You for the info. I have been worried the horseshoe bay would be crazy busy wit the cup. I have never been and are really looking forward to it.

Also want to see the boats racing but not spend a fortune to go into the village.

In PR our plan was to go to El Morro and than walk back thru old town....yes no maybe?

I guess the cup didn't have an effect on Horseshoe Bay because races were going on while we were in port. I believe the tickets to go in the village were about $30, since we spent most of the day at the beach, we didn't bother going in. We got to see the boats and race without going in.

We have done El Morro before, definately worth it if you have never been!

one huge reason i'm trying anthem is because i thought it IS a cold weather ship. i had a less than perfect time on Breakaway in december but i need the lower winter prices and from all my research. anthem is a good cold weather ship but you are saying the inside isnt so great?

I believe Anthem would make a good cold weather ship. I LOVED the solarium! Plus there is another indoor pool as well.

oh interesting. I didn't realize the AC shut off if you took your key card out of the slot. I would wonder if being gone most of the day if the room was warm coming back.

I'm not sure since our A/C was kept on by leaving the card in, but I would assume it must get a little bit warm.

We were a couple of staterooms down from you.

I COMPLETELY agree with you on the ship motion. Every single day. First morning was bad as we were enroute to Bermuda!

Really?! What room were you?

I agree, that first morning was the worst I've ever felt, but we certainly felt the rocking everyday, even with calm waters.

Does it usually go down in price the closer you get? If I buy now am I locked in or will they credit if it drops?

I'm not sure, I would book it when you see it the cheapest, and if it does go lower you can just get it at that price. Usaully they make you cancel, then rebook at the lower price. But if you talk to a supervisor, they will give you OBC for the difference in price.

I believe Anthem would make a good cold weather ship. I LOVED the solarium! Plus there is another indoor pool as well.

Definitely good to know...we are going at the end of September and I was hoping the swimming pool would be heated or warm :) I was going to bring my swim suit for the whirl pools, but I was wondering about the pool water being warm. Thank you.

You mentioned the solarium and then you said there is another indoor pool as well?

Definitely good to know...we are going at the end of September and I was hoping the swimming pool would be heated or warm :) I was going to bring my swim suit for the whirl pools, but I was wondering about the pool water being warm. Thank you.

You mentioned the solarium and then you said there is another indoor pool as well?

That is correct. The solarium is in the very front, in the middle is the indoor pool (they open the ceiling on warm days), and more towards the aft is an outdoor pool.

That is correct. The solarium is in the very front, in the middle is the indoor pool (they open the ceiling on warm days), and more towards the aft is an outdoor pool.

oh wow, I had no idea! I just looked at the deck plans and I see it...it's between the solarium and outdoor pool. It's not marked as an indoor pool, however, the other pool is marked as "outdoor pool". I'm assuming the top will be closed since we will be traveling in cooler temps. Good to know. Thanks for sharing!

Really?! What room were you?

I agree, that first morning was the worst I've ever felt, but we certainly felt the rocking everyday, even with calm waters.

We were in rm. 9172 :D. You probably seen us. We were the one with the two very excited kiddies