My View: First Semi-Live From Oasis - The Cruise that almost didn't happen!

We were assigned to a table for 4 in Silk. I like that the Oasis class ships have so many options for individual family seating. I love meeting people, but with my hearing impairment it is just too difficult to have conversation around a large dining room table in these restaurants. We always e-mail ahead of time to ask for a small table.

We had excellent dining room service from Ni and Cintia! They are wonderful with children. So, if you have children in your travel group, ask for them... Ni even made origami and some napkin designs to entertain our son:

a6f0d0b6ceb09fdeab4f30890da10cbb.jpg

4712876d09b5efcd3f9e925212b1019a.jpg

We were seated in this area:

904849b25f3279ef1d477d29fe723c91.jpg

Against the wall in this picture is a long table with bench seating that could definitely accommodate 11-12 people (if you don't mind the bench seating):

bfa7381a810cccf59e1f45a6de01bd86.jpg

Looking down toward American Icon: This is the area where the buffet and salad bar are located on sea days for lunch:

a43a4ed91088bc4ec01b2a5b9972107b.jpg

3 decks of the Main Dining Rooms: American Icon, Grande, Silk

142560e2f235442f8a88dc2b2b07112d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I will close this day with another one of our favorite spots on the ship: Sundeck. This can be found on deck 14, but you can only enter from the port side (left side of the ship). Walk all the way forward in the port side hallway of deck 14, and you will see the glass doors to exit onto the sundeck (below the Solarium):

a747cd58a66005d2dca019d52fbf2c79.jpg

Sunset over the helipad:

c391e4c90287d3ed6a56f5a8fd114c74.jpg

Thankful for the end to another beautiful day with my DH:

0987c4db7bf518facbe177c7b3205cf9.jpg

Moonrise on the other side:

85c2427524b59401b5696325f442291d.jpg

84393e62126d068a0d4b8d667fe83919.jpg

Note: It is very windy out there! Wear the shorts, not the dress :D

Thank you for the very detailed review and photos!! They are greatly appreciated!! We will be boarding in two months with our daughter and family, can't wait!! :D You got me thinking about the Solarium Bistro for dinner one night. Do they have a children's menu? They are seven and six years old. Not sure this is the best for them. Thanks again for taking the time to do this review.

Wow!! I learned something new today! I had no idea there was a water taxi! Is it for anyone to use? Does it leave from the parasail dock? I wonder why it is one way only. We tupically enjoy the walk, but I would like to take the water taxi to get a different perspective for photos...

As Biker pointed out, it leaves from right beside where the ship is docked. Would be easy to miss if it was gone when you walked off. We knew to look for it from other reviews we'd read here.

It's one-way because the drop-off would bypass security returning to the ship. Also noticed that it stopped running fairly early the day we were there. Assuming that's because of its one-way operation, once the morning rush is over, there's not much need for it.

Thank you for the very detailed review and photos!! They are greatly appreciated!! We will be boarding in two months with our daughter and family, can't wait!! :D You got me thinking about the Solarium Bistro for dinner one night. Do they have a children's menu? They are seven and six years old. Not sure this is the best for them. Thanks again for taking the time to do this review.

DW is so picky, I'd like to know about the kid's menu too. She's not embarrassed to order off it. In fact, we're considering Giovanni's after eating there last week when our 7 year old niece got a pizza bread appetizer there that my wife is hoping they'll let her order (to go with her adult salad and filet at least).

LOL! Well, they apparently need you to educate them :) Maybe you can get a summer job with Royal. Our device was inside the cabin...

Ugh! I actually asked for instruction for this cruise but did not get one. I figure out how the door work in Oct when I was on Oasis. One deaf was outside door but mine was inside. 🤦🏻*♀️. Now to figure out how to set the wake up alarm. That what I wanted instruction for.

Ugh! I actually asked for instruction for this cruise but did not get one. I figure out how the door work in Oct when I was on Oasis. One deaf was outside door but mine was inside. 🤦🏻*♀️. Now to figure out how to set the wake up alarm. That what I wanted instruction for.

876d5f1ca533ec02db917b8c989ee0b2.jpg

Here what it look like inside. It light up on top to alert you as well as a vibrate to put between mattress if they knock while sleeping.

https://heargear.wordpress.com/page/2/

One woman talk about it which is several articles down. I will be emailing them that it does not work unless push red button.

APDMOM. it was good to meet you on board! We loved the Oasis!! I found the coffee machine in the Diamond lounge to be one of my favorite perks!!

:) Same here! I was bummed to see that all the seats around you had been taken during the M&M! Enjoy your retirement! ...Unless you want to relocate to Amelia Island... dire need for SLP's in Nassau County Schools (Should I insert an evil smile here?) :D

Is the sundeck for Suites only?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, anyone can go there. The suites only deck is by the pools. This Sundeck area is at the front of the ship. There is no pool or bar, so I don't think it is a very practical place during the day. We mainly like it for sail away, docking, sunrise, and sunset times. There are also two telescopes to look for sea life and other ships.

They did not have a children's menu that I saw. The appetizers are picked up at a buffet bar, and limited kid friendly options are available. Of course, our son loves steak and lamb chops, so he couldn't care less about a kids menu :D

It is disappointing to hear how little support and training they give for these AT tools! I would definitely say the special needs department needs to know about these issues so that they can appropriately use the tools they invested in. I now find it hilarious that the doorbell was mounted inside our cabin :D So useless!

Hope you enjoyed your cruise! I wanted to meet you, but never ran into your travel party. I even cruised with a teacher who works with me (coincidentally booked on the same cruise), and I only saw her on boarding day in the terminal, and on the last day right before we got off! Big ship, lots of people!!

In the evenings, they had a violinist with accompaniment in Central Park. We enjoyed sitting here for about 45 minutes a couple of evenings to listen to the music. Unfortunately, their 15 minute break was more like a 35 minute break the first time we came, so we would usually just listen to the start of the program, and leave at the first break.

acf6fb6d2602551bcb6cc01f3a9fd366.jpg

My free diamond cosmo...

e7b42e6155cff59d6e12be930ba61301.jpg

DH, looking better every day:

3f5f533c21c60ab34deecbb82cbd76a0.jpg

A little feathered visitor enjoying the music:

1b9229a61a2c4d0efad12f1e8609cbf6.jpg

I will insert here about the bars... Be sure to check your account! We were billed for a drink that was supposed to be free for diamond. We ordered from the bartender at Trellis, and even gave him a tip, which I always did for our free diamond drinks. One day, we noted a charge for drinks at the Trellis bar. We went to customer services, and she said it was charged at 8:43 pm, which is past the free drinks window.

Well, the nerve of that bartender!!! We were always there between 7 and 7:45. One drink (mine) was free, the other (bottled water) was charged about an hour after we left?! We had ordered at the same time. So, be careful!! Check your statements! Fortunately, the CS rep removed the charge, but I still don't think she believed us.

We avoided the Trellis bar after that. My favorite bartender was in the pub. We had the free soda package for the boardwalk balcony. I only enjoy ginger ale, so I always went to a bar to get that. The pub was by far the best among the bars I went to. Only Trellis was troublesome though.

If you have the soda package, save yourself time and hassle with the coke machines, and just order from a bar. The soda machines on the promenade were often broke or out of many flavors. I only went there 4 times, and they never worked 100%.

I will insert here about the bars... Be sure to check your account! We were billed for a drink that was supposed to be free for diamond. We ordered from the bartender at Trellis, and even gave him a tip, which I always did for our free diamond drinks. One day, we noted a charge for drinks at the Trellis bar. We went to customer services, and she said it was charged at 8:43 pm, which is past the free drinks window.

Well, the nerve of that bartender!!! We were always there between 7 and 7:45. One drink (mine) was free, the other (bottled water) was charged about an hour after we left?! We had ordered at the same time. So, be careful!! Check your statements! Fortunately, the CS rep removed the charge, but I still don't think she believed us.

If you didn't see my review, I had the same thing happen (it wasn't a time issue, will never know why I got charged) and had a worse experience with CS although they issued the refund. See my review for details but in short, go to the DL concierge if this happens in the future.

Oops! I had my days turned around. Jamaica was before the second sea day. We treated Jamaica like a sea day, a so it is all the same...

On the second sea day (Day 5), they had a comedy show in the Aqua Theater, called Splish Splash. We always love this silly show with cheesy diving and some "ouch" water landings!

81d26140b701d74d03e4926b3a21c418.jpg

Trampoline with a giant plunger:

fd7fabfebffcacdea19dda75e15985d1.jpg

Maybe this is where the thread about fishing from the back of the ship was born... or maybe Royal got the idea right here on CC: :D

1ae1bc9b4dd8d6c2c31c70a1e4650a94.jpg

Another angle of the High dive:

3303626aa3ae106157a5f808c3b6f079.jpg

Water fountain show:

b22b2fc134e2fc43d0e87fd3842dd635.jpg