Onboard reservations for SDP restaurants

griz912

My family and I are going on the NCL Escape on 7/22. This was a last minute trip, so luckily we were still able to find decent accommodations and take advantage of the free 3 special dining package promotion. However, the online reservations for the special restaurants seem to be all booked. I called customer service and they told me that they release 35% of their reservations online 90-days prior and that they book really quickly, but that I can make the reservations while I'm onboard. This is my first time cruising on NCL and am now having anxiety over the reservations. What has been your experience with making reservations while onboard? Any tips for this first time "free- styler" is much appreciated Thnx!

I would strongly advise you to visit each of the restaurants you're interested in soon after you board the ship.

There will have been last minute cancelations and changes. Plus I'm sure they leave some spaces for dining slots for booking on board.

Jonathan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

You don't need to visit each restaurant individually.

There are a number of places where you can book restaurants, including the deck in the atrium, using the touch screens near the stairwells or using the iconcierge app.

You should have no problem at all in booking when onboard. The information you were given about them keeping spaces back for booking onboard is correct. There are lots of spaces available to book onboard.

Just remember that others will also be trying to book them, so the later you do it, the more likely that things will have started to fill up. Do it first thing when onboard.

I usually prebook, but on the occasions I have waited until onboard or wanted to make changes I have never had any trouble getting what I want. I do tend to board fairly early though, and do it first thing.

If you received the UDP as one of your perks can you still do those online if there's reservations available? Just curious as usually it makes you pay for them when booking online.

Not when you have the dining package. The system takes into account how many meals are included and doesn't charge for those. Also, they don't charge in advance for the restaurants that have a la carte pricing.

My family and I are going on the NCL Escape on 7/22. This was a last minute trip, so luckily we were still able to find decent accommodations and take advantage of the free 3 special dining package promotion. However, the online reservations for the special restaurants seem to be all booked. I called customer service and they told me that they release 35% of their reservations online 90-days prior and that they book really quickly, but that I can make the reservations while I'm onboard. This is my first time cruising on NCL and am now having anxiety over the reservations. What has been your experience with making reservations while onboard? Any tips for this first time "free- styler" is much appreciated Thnx!

You can download the NCL app and even book your reservations from the terminal while waiting to board. You can pick up the ship's wifi when standing close to the ship. I planned my week out for the family then was able to get exactly the times I wanted while waiting in the terminal. Book restaurants and entertainment. Easy peasy!! Enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reservations are easy to get on the first day, and in fact at most of the SDP restaurants you do not need reservations unless you have a party of four or more. When you board the ship there will be a designated location to make reservations. Make a visit there when you board the ship and you can make your reservations then.

just an additional note from the above answers. Last Nov we noticed that we didn't really have a problem getting space for two once onboard, even did a couple walk up and wait a few minutes . However, toward the end of the week and especially on the last night, many people are trying to cram in their last few free dining perks meals and it may be harder to get a specific time/restaurant. therefore, if you know you want to dine someone special during a peak time on the last night, book that as soon as you can.

The Italian restaurant never seemed to be completely unavailable. I read reviews that do not favor this particular venue however, it was one of our most memorable meals, especially being able to sit on the Waterfront for dinner. DH said he thought the steak there was better than the one he had in Cagneys and I loved the osso.

We've never booked ahead. As a result, we have a routine we follow for every cruise. Once on board, and I'll talk about the Escape now, we go to Headliners( deck 6) just below the chandelier. They have multiple manned kiosks set up( left hand side) to make reservations. We just walk in, and make our dining reservations for the week. We then head directly to the Taste/Savor for lunch, which is just aft of Headliners. We've used this process 4 times now. We've never been given a reservations more than 15 minutes from our desired time each night.

Happy Cruising.

You can download the NCL app and even book your reservations from the terminal while waiting to board. You can pick up the ship's wifi when standing close to the ship. I planned my week out for the family then was able to get exactly the times I wanted while waiting in the terminal. Book restaurants and entertainment. Easy peasy!! Enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a relief! thanks for the info!

Thank you everyone for the info. I feel more relieved now hearing that I should not have an issue making reservations while onboard. This is my first time on NCL, so this concept is new to me. I've been on 3 Carnival cruises before and am so excited to try NCL as I have heard that the food is great and the ambiance is so much better for families. Happy cruising everyone :)

Thank you everyone for the info. I feel more relieved now hearing that I should not have an issue making reservations while onboard. This is my first time on NCL, so this concept is new to me. I've been on 3 Carnival cruises before and am so excited to try NCL as I have heard that the food is great and the ambiance is so much better for families. Happy cruising everyone :)

On embarkation day, there will be a dining reservation center set up in the Headliners club on Deck 6, Midship. You can look at menus and book dinners. NCL holds a portion of the tables in restaurants for onboard bookings.

Or the easiest way to make reservations is to use one of the touch screen kiosk TVs in all of the public areas. You can book dinner reservations, show reservations and shore excursions by selecting the activity, quantity, and scanning your room key card.

You can make reservations for the Broadway shows For The Record: The Brat Pack and After Midnight. You can book one of the many comedy shows (early shows family oriented, late shows 18+).

If you want to try an escape room, the Escape the Big Top can be booked at the box office.