Securing valuables when going to beach alone

JIA2000

Hello. I am going to a Royal Caribbean cruise in September that stops at St. Thomas. I am in a group of four. The three people I am going with very much prefer to relax on cruises and may stay on the ship during the ports of call. I want to do the shore excursions including a trip to the beach. Has anyone had experience going to the beach alone? I am concerned about my valuables:

- Passport (you must have photo identification when leaving the ship)

- Digital camera

- Money and credit card

I think my two choices are:

- Beach safe like they had on Shark Tank one time (Google it - posting a link might be considered advertising and against board policies)

- A waterproof sealed case (designed for a phone even though I won't have a phone) with a strap to put around your neck (again, not sure if I'm allowed to post links)

For solo beach goers, which method have you used to secure your valuables? Thanks in advance.

Justin

I'm probably going to Magen's Bay. I have googled and found some waterproof bags on Amazon so that may be what I go with. Some of them have good customer reviews. I may double protect myself by putting camera, passport, and wallet in separate ziploc bags before putting them in the waterproof bag. If I go with the beach safe option and leave it in the sand while I go in the ocean, someone could always take the whole safe.

I'm probably going to Magen's Bay. I have googled and found some waterproof bags on Amazon so that may be what I go with. Some of them have good customer reviews. I may double protect myself by putting camera, passport, and wallet in separate ziploc bags before putting them in the waterproof bag. If I go with the beach safe option and leave it in the sand while I go in the ocean, someone could always take the whole safe.

Unless you don't have a drivers license or other proper ID, there is no reason for you to go in the ocean with your passport. Lock it in the safe in your cabin, carry your ID and your ships card and you should be good to go in St. Thomas. St. Thomas is an unincorporated territory of the United States and if you are from the US, no passport required.

We always travel with copies of our,passport as well as pics on our camera. That way we always have that ID on us when we leave the ship. We NEVER carry our passports into ports unless we are in a country that requires that...this is not one of those.

I cruise solo, and go to the beach solo... I bring my "stuff" (towel, phone, sunscreen, ect) in a Target plastic shopping bag and plop it down on the beach. No one has ever touched or messed with my cheap, unassuming bag of goodies. My backup approach is to find an "honest looking" older couple, and just ask them to watch my stuff.