Specialty Dining - To Pre-Book or Not

zerooveride

Sailing on the Pride of America on the 1st of July and I'm not sure if I should Pre-Book our specialty dining before we sail or wait til we get on the ship.

I have seen a few menus for other ships floating around and there is a couple of dishes in the MDR I know I'll want to eat.

Without knowing what night they're served for sure I am reluctant to book pre-cruise.

Is it hard to get reservations once you're on the Pride of America and what about same night reservations or walk-ins?

We have a 3 SDP and are planning on Cagney's, Teppanyaki and Jefferson's Bistro. We may add one more depending on the offerings in the MDR.

Any insight is appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Canceling a SDP reservation is absolutely no problem at all... but once on board getting the specific restaurant you want at the specific time you want may be problematic....so I would take my best shot and book the place and time you want and once on board if necessary try changing.... you can't come out any worse

We precook a couple and then rebook onboard if needed. It's not a big problem if you don't mind eating late.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So, you precook and bring your own meals? No need. They will not only cook your meals, they will even prepare them.

LOL!

Yea, I know it was a typo.... just funny.

As to the original question - I find that whenever I ask the family where they want to eat tonight at home, nobody agrees or has an answer. When we get to the restaurant, nobody can figure out what they want, even after three visits by the waitress.

So, in our case, we never know what mood we will be in after a day of touring and returning to the ship 6 months from now. So, we take our chances and try to decide once onboard and even that changes by dinner time. Just us. I know others like to have it planned out. That's cool.

Are 5:30, 6pm times hard to get/book up fast? We got the package as well and are looking over which ones we want to do... I have done Moderno before and loved it, so looking at that or Cagney's and Italian and Le Bistro probably... are some easier to get into than others?

Spots close to 700 are the most popular, so 530 and 600 are usually ok

In general, Cagney's and Teppanyaki are the most difficult to lock down.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app