1st time on Celebrity, 1st time to Alaska. Review of Southbound Millennium cruise

MomtoCCC

I liked the small touches from Celebrity, like the better drink service in the bars, the welcome Champagne, the rose and chocolates in the room, but I definitely wouldn't pay a premium for the product.

Agree with you completely! Haven't tried NCL yet but considering it.

Just a note for future reference on the M class ships. In the afternoon, around 2-3 o'clock, the Aqua Spa cafe does put out a very nice spread of afternoon snacks that includes fresh baked cookies, finger sandwiches, etc.

That would have been great. We were usually in the Solarium at 4pm for Family swim time and didn't see any of this. Is it only from 2-3pm?

Alaska cruise transfer - we did the wildlife center option. They also have one that does a direct drive with no stops

https://alaskacruisetransfer.com/

Second this as well! I took this from Seward to Anchorage, drop off option at airport first and then to hotels. We spent about an hour at the wildlife center. It was only $10-12 more than just the bus service, so worth it! The drive between the ship and the center was the worst. Center to anchorage isn't so bad.

<p>We are doing a back to back cruise on the Millennium  in July  this will be our first cruise with Celebtity   as we usually go with Princess Sounds if some parts of the ship are showing her age  our travel agent recommend  Celebtity   so hope we are not disappointed  as we are travelling from Australia  </p><p>Ca somene tell us how many power points are in the rooms for charging our electronic  things also what temp can we expect mid July to early August</p>

Thanks for the review. A lot of similarities with us.We'll be southbound in July and we've mostly been on RC and first time on Celebrity. We're also doing many of the same excursions (different vendors except for Island Wings). I did not book any specialty restaurants as the prices seemed a little high,, but Qsine was the one thought. From your review I gather you;d recommend dining there?

Regards,

Dave

Have had a great experience with Celeb...last year in Alaska on the Solstice, and this year on the Millenium from Yokohama to Vancouver in May. Re the dining, we found that the food in BLU on the Millenium was vastly superior to the MDR on the Solstice, and was worth the extra money for Aqua Class. Qsine was my favorite of the specialty restaurants.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the review. A lot of similarities with us.We'll be southbound in July and we've mostly been on RC and first time on Celebrity. We're also doing many of the same excursions (different vendors except for Island Wings). I did not book any specialty restaurants as the prices seemed a little high,, but Qsine was the one thought. From your review I gather you;d recommend dining there?

Regards,

Dave

I would definitely do Qsine. It was a fun, different, dining experience. They offered a special on the first night (20 or 30% off) but you have to wait to book on-board. We did get Sushi on 5 for 20% off. Not sure if Qsine offered any other discounts other than the first night.

• 2 weeks later...
I would definitely do Qsine. It was a fun, different, dining experience. They offered a special on the first night (20 or 30% off) but you have to wait to book on-board. We did get Sushi on 5 for 20% off. Not sure if Qsine offered any other discounts other than the first night.

I did this cruise (June 2) with friends and we wanted to eat in Qsine one night. I checked with Celebrity staff stationed outside the buffet a couple of days and they were offering 10% off. The third time I checked it was 30% off that day, so we booked it. The food was great and we had lots of fun. I've had luck on other Celebrity ships getting discounts on specialty restaurants. I've gotten really good deals by checking back with the same staff member every day until I got the restaurant I wanted for at least 30% off.