Sunshine Questions

Raxter54

Just 2 quick questions for anyone who has been on the Sunshine recently;

1. Which dining romm is used for traditional dining (we have early seating )?

2 Who is the Maitre d for that dining room?

Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy 4

Jimbo, how sure are you on that? The CC page on the Sunshine says the midship room is for any time, and the aft dining room is for traditional.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=658&pgtype=dining

Unless they have changed it in the past 8 months, I am sure. Sailed her twice n the last 3 years and ATD was in the aft both times.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on the Sunshine last month. The Sunset forward dining room was where we were for assigned early seating. Our wait staff was excellent! And the maitre d' was Bogdan. He came by our table once during our 8 day cruise. His assistant stopped by every night, but I don't remember her name.

It must change based on how many are signed up for each seating. We sailed Sunshine twice in 2016 (June and November) and both times had late seating in the aft dining room, upper level.

Same here, sailed in May 2016 and had late dining in aft dining room, upper level.

We were on the Sunshine in August of 2015, so Jimbo you've been on since us. Things must of changed, because we had fixed late seating. We were in the Sunrise dining room (aft) upper level.

Well, you bring up a different flavor. Assigned is def in mid and some times some in aft but ATD is always in aft, make sense?

All of the answers are correct but may be incomplete. To my knowledge, the forward deck 3 dining room is for assigned dining. The aft dining room has YTD on the lower deck 3 and assigned on deck 4.

This has been our experience on several Sunshine cruises.

Assigned in the forward dining room in 2014. YTD on b2b in aft lower deck 3 in 2015 and assigned in upper deck 4 on b2b in 2017.

As to who the Maitre'd is, they change from time to time. When they go on vacation, they are replaced and sometimes return or go to a different ship after their vacation.

There is usually a Maitre'd in the forward dining room. In the aft dining room there is a Maitre'd on one deck and an assistant Maitre'd on the other deck.

When we were on the Sunshine in February 2017, the Senior Maitre'd was Amith and he was in the assigned dining deck 4 but also circulated downstairs in YTD.

Well, you bring up a different flavor. Assigned is def in mid and some times some in aft but ATD is always in aft, make sense?

Yes it makes sense, but I wasn't confused. The OP asked about traditional (early) seating. You said mid is used for traditional seating. I said we had fixed (late) and were in the aft upper dining room. Two or three other people have since said the same thing. I never said anything about ATD - only stating that for us during our cruise fixed seating was in aft, not in the midship dining room as you stated. Maybe there's some confusion on terminology. I thought traditional referred to early or late fixed times. Not ATD. Either way, hope the OP gets his answer. lol

Yes it makes sense, but I wasn't confused. The OP asked about traditional (early) seating. You said mid is used for traditional seating. I said we had fixed (late) and were in the aft upper dining room. Two or three other people have since said the same thing. I never said anything about ATD - only stating that for us during our cruise fixed seating was in aft, not in the midship dining room as you stated. Maybe there's some confusion on terminology. I thought traditional referred to early or late fixed times. Not ATD. Either way, hope the OP gets his answer. lol

I was not doubting you or thinking you were confused. I interpreted the ops's question differently. Probably my bad,

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the information. From what I've gathered, it looks like the midship one level dining room is for traditional (set time) dining. The aft two level dining room is for both traditional AND YTD dining, depending on how many people request the different options. Kinda backwards from our cruises on the Dream and Freedom, but we'll make due. Thanks again :-)

we did B2B on sunshine only weeks ago.

the set time dining is the one off the Atrium.... with only one floor

the M'aitre D we didnt care for.. sure he visited our table every night but he also did something which to me is a NO NO.. he chastised the staff in front of whomever,

over our two weeks we saw him speak arrogantly to the workers on several occasions.. with snarky remarks such as WHO IS THE M'AITRE D HERE?? and he wanted those who were moving as though they had 8 legs.. to move even faster..... hated his arrogance to the point we moved to anytime..

which smacked us in the face. After only two nights of anytime.. there was so much confusion, extremely long wait times for service even after being seated.. we went back to his dining room... for the service of the staff.. not his

The reason I asked about the Maitre D is that for our Freedom cruise, I found out our Maitre D would be Csaba Atilla, a Hungarian. I decided to learn some Hungarian phrases to surprise him when we first met him. We have a man in our church that was a missionary to Hungary for 25 years, and he taught me how to pronounce the words correctly. Csaba (or Chubby, as he is known) was pleasantly surprised, and visited our table every night and was very nice - unlike the man you described. So I was just wanting to find out where the Maitre D for the Sunshine was from, so I could some phrases in another language :)

Hi guys, we were on Sunshine last week (June 4 sailing) and had traditional late dining. We were in Sunrise Upper which is the aft dining room. Not sure if that is where all traditional is, but that is where we were put.

In January 2016 we were in early traditional in the aft upper. This past January early traditional in the mid dining.

There is no bbq set up on the sea days.

When going to the buffet we also found the best place to get a table and be able to meet our party was to go to the back where the pasta bar is. They also do custom eggs back there for breakfast.