Beach balls for foot stools.

We tried this. Not very good. The air slowly and continually leaks out. You have to always bring them in - even for a bathroom trip as they'll blow away. I prefer the desk chair

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Read something on the boards last year that large beach balls only inflated 3/4 or so make good foot stools...anyone tried this? Certainly cheaper than booking a more expensive room....thoughts?

I read this a while back. Haven't tried it on a cruise, but it works great on airplanes! Smaller beach ball about 1/2 full.

I also use the small beach ball on planes to elevate my feet a few inches. I used once on a cruise & it worked well (I did take them in when I wasn't using them)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's just personal preference.

We prefer to use large, partially inflated beach balls ($3 at Target) because we find them more comfortable than the footstools provided by the ship, or the baskets, or anything else we tried as you can inflate them to your own comfort level.

34fhcmo.jpg

They don't blow away if you prop them against the wall behind a chair when not in use, but we do take them inside at night, or when leaving the ship.

Deflated, they pack flat in the suitcase, so take up almost no room at all.

Thanks everyone....Wow! How long must it take to blow up that Ball? It will certainly be a test of my old lungs. For $3...it's probably worth a try...Just don't think CC upgrade cost is worth it ... done it a few times (often just cause it was a better deal.) We are Elite and probably won't ever get to Elite+ due to our age so the extra points don't have the value for us....WONDERING IF TAKING THE COFFEE TABLE OUTSIDE MIGHT WORK ALSO...

Thanks everyone....Wow! How long must it take to blow up that Ball? It will certainly be a test of my old lungs...........

Heavens, no!

That is a 42" ball.

Either bring along a small air pump if you intend to do it yourself, or let the people who inflate the exercise balls for the ship's gym do it for you.

When I asked to borrow their pump, they just took the ball and inflated it for me.

They also have small air pumps at the fun factory, where they inflate the balls that the children play with.

But we now pack a small bicycle pump to do it ourselves, so we don't need to bother anyone else.

Then we just leave the ball behind at the end of the cruise, or give it away to a child at the last port (who probably wonders what we were doing with a partially deflated ball).

I wonder how difficult it would be too rig a way to run water into the large beach ball? Would help hold it down on the balcony.

(I used to take students on service trips. I'd take a beach ball and pillow case. Ball inflated inside case became my sleeping pillow. At end of trip ball went to a local kid and pillow case became my dirty clothes hamper.)