Labdee cabana or beach bunglow ?

Hello trying to decide between these two . It will be four of us my wife and two daughters aged 14 and 12 . We are not suite guests so cabana would be on nellies beach . It's 425 CND for cabana and 270 CND for bunglow . Just want to know what the main difference would be . Trying to search broads here with iPhone is pain . Any info would be helpful thanks .

We had a cabana on Nellies for 4 of us and loved it. My DH thought it was a waste of money when I booked it but after we got there, He said it was money well spent. Not only was it our Haven away from the crowds but it was much more comfortable than a sandy chair with as many people as possible crowded around you. We felt like our stuff was much safer because the attendant watched who belonged in the cabana area, its walled off with a gate from the rest of the beach. . I saw people try and come in and he stopped them.

Since the Cabana has 3 walls its all very protected and shaded inside when you relax on the couch. Its like 5 stairs up to it so your a little but up and that gives you a better view. The best view was from the "over the water cabanas" but our view was still beautiful.

The Cabana has 2 levels out front uncovered area has a umbrella, table and 2 padded loungers. The back covered by walls on 3 sides and a roof there is a sectional couch , so very comfortable. The ceiling fan keeps it all very cool. You also get 2 floating mats and a cooler filled with 6 bottles of iced down Evian water. The attendant will go get you cocktails, but they are not included with the cabana. We didn't drink all our water and carried it back onto the ship.

Hello trying to decide between these two . It will be four of us my wife and two daughters aged 14 and 12 . We are not suite guests so cabana would be on nellies beach . It's 425 CND for cabana and 270 CND for bunglow . Just want to know what the main difference would be . Trying to search broads here with iPhone is pain . Any info would be helpful thanks .

If the exchange rate is still close to that, its like $325 US? My wife and I used OBC, to get a cabana for the 2 of us at $250. I guess demand remains high.

I'll be watching for updates on this thread, I just booked the Bungalow in Labadee (Columbus Cove, I believe it said) for my 8/19 cruise. We are (just 2 ppl) but part of a larger group of family friends and it said up to 8 ppl could use the bungalow, so I went that route AND I saw the price dropped yesterday (assume July 4 sale :D) so took the leap and grabbed it (not sure how many there are) it was also quite a bit cheaper than the cabanas. Though, I don't see any fan in the Bungalow, it does mention the floating mats and a cooler, so I am hopeful and am sure it will be wonderful, it's a vacation splurge! I also bought the drink package from the ship and 'thought' I heard that it could be used at the bars on beaches in Labadee (but not sure about that) Here's hoping! Happy Cruise dreams everyone, have a great Friday.

So not going to play devils advocate but....we were on Labadee twice over Christmas and New Years and all we booked was the Clam Shells on the beach. I think we paid $40 for the two of us and we pretty much had the whole section of the beach to ourselves. It looked like nobody wanted to pay the extra and it was perfect. There was probably 50 of the shelters on our section of the beach and I think there was one other couple the whole day we were there.

Admittedly we got nothing else included like soft drinks etc. but it was extremely peaceful and the lifeguards made sure that nobody used the shelters that hadn't paid for them. When we stepped away from them to get food etc. the other parts of the resort were packed with people, but we found our own little oasis and all for only $40 so we were very happy.

We have had both the over the water Cabana and the beach bungalow and in my opinion I will always get the beach bungalow and not just because it is half the price. Our group of 16 felt the bungalow area was private and loungers are right off the water . The only thing the cabanas had was a ceiling fan and electric. that the bungalows didn't have. But the privacy of the area and the constant service was key for us .

I just booked a Bungalow today. It's for our cruise in December. With the sale for 4th of July we got it for $200. I don't know what "normal" pricing is, but I think it will be worth it for my crew. A 1 year old baby, 4 year old, me, husband, my mom, and her boyfriend. The shade will give us a home base and place for the kids to relax and possibly nap! my 4 year old will love the float and we'll appreciate the bottled water if it's hot! I just wish I could find more pictures of them. A few people I asked online have sent pictures of Cabanas and I know they are different.

Our cruise is May of 2018 with a stop at Labadee. When does the option to book a bungalow open? Does the cruise have to be paid in full? Sorry...im a newb.

Cruise does not have to be paid in full. Various reservations open at seemingly random times, so keep checking the Cruise Planner.

Our cruise is May of 2018 with a stop at Labadee. When does the option to book a bungalow open? Does the cruise have to be paid in full? Sorry...im a newb.

We were able to book our beach bungalow for our February 2018 Oasis cruise about a month ago.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question about the clam shells. Which area of the island are they located? I don't like the side with the ragged coral. I want to be able to swim close by.

Thanks!

So not going to play devils advocate but....we were on Labadee twice over Christmas and New Years and all we booked was the Clam Shells on the beach. I think we paid $40 for the two of us and we pretty much had the whole section of the beach to ourselves. It looked like nobody wanted to pay the extra and it was perfect. There was probably 50 of the shelters on our section of the beach and I think there was one other couple the whole day we were there.

Admittedly we got nothing else included like soft drinks etc. but it was extremely peaceful and the lifeguards made sure that nobody used the shelters that hadn't paid for them. When we stepped away from them to get food etc. the other parts of the resort were packed with people, but we found our own little oasis and all for only $40 so we were very happy.