Shadowmeboy's Escape to the Western Caribbean!

shadowmeboy

Happy anniversary and thank you for the puppy pics! I'd almost forgotten just how cute they were. Thanks to your review, I'm planning an Alaskan cruise for the family and that tour is on the must do list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy anniversary and thank you for the puppy pics! I'd almost forgotten just how cute they were. Thanks to your review, I'm planning an Alaskan cruise for the family and that tour is on the must do list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. I wanted to give readers who didn't read the other review to understand the context of the reference. I will be glad to answer questions you have about Alaska as well!

Very interested to hear about your first cruise from the east coast. Love the pictures!

Glad you enjoy them. A long way to travel. 6 hrs from home to airport, 6 hrs on the airplane, and another 5 to Miami from Orlando. Then the reverse on they way home.

We finally landed and started taxiing to the gate. Alaska uses gate 111 at MCO.

i-mmmdZwW-L.jpg

My parents who were cruising with us picked us up at the airport. My sister lives in Tampa, so they came down early, and stayed with her and her husband. They lost the ticket to leave the cell phone lot, so we ended up waiting outside of baggage claim almost 15 minutes. They finally got to us, we piled in and started the drive to Miami.

i-3NzDbLL-L.jpg

I missed getting pictures of lunch. Boy was Chick-fil-a good! We don't have one within 3 1/2 hours of our house, so its a treat when we travel. After lunch, we got back on the road again.

i-KXmrvZS-L.jpg

As we got closer to Miami, the sky opened up.

i-dDXs5vX-L.jpg

It finally stopped raining, as we arrived at the hotel. We stayed at the Best Western Premier Miami Airport. We checked in and headed up to the room.

i-GZLdHVF-L.jpg

A King Suite, we got upgraded due to my status with Best Western.

i-SK7VFx9-L.jpg

A few more room pictures.

i-BhbLcBM-L.jpg

i-s6WvjDK-L.jpg

i-FwW4pVh-L.jpg

i-76RVFN3-L.jpg

i-bqq4JsW-L.jpg

We left our bags and hailed an Uber to go get Dinner. Susan wanted to go to Hard Rock, so to Hard Rock we went. It was hard to get good pictures due to construction. As we got close, our Uber driver almost hit a cop, so he got pulled over. We got out and walked the rest of the way, which was challenging for my dad Ken. He is still recovering from double knee replacements, which meant it was a long slow walk.

You can see the Uber pulled over next to my Mom Deanna's head.

i-XSZvQzD-L.jpg

i-tBb7k68-L.jpg

i-fZmG9r4-L.jpg

We finally all got to the Hard Rock Cafe. It was very hot and humid, even at 10 pm. Mom and Dad pictured below.

i-d9sp3Xg-L.jpg

Susan's happy!

i-vVN7DD6-L.jpg

Mom and Dad shared the rib plate.

i-9v4xfmR-L.jpg

Susan got the Mac & Cheese with Chicken.

i-P4xxtqs-L.jpg