Reaching Diamond Plus - Quick solo cruiser question

Hi,

I am booked on a four-day cruise on the Empress of the Seas in November. At the beginning of the cruise, I will have 169 cruise points. Because I am taking this cruise solo, I should earn double points. This will bring me up to 177 points after the cruise. Based on past experience, I usually don't automatically receive the double points and need to contact Royal Caribbean. Most likely, I will finish the cruise with 173 points and will not become Diamond Plus until I contact Royal Caribbean to add the double points.

Does it make any difference that I probably won't achieve Diamond Plus status until after the cruise is completed and my bonus points are added? Will this prevent me from receiving the Diamond Plus pin, etc.?

Also, I have never received a crystal block from Royal Caribbean. Is there a way for me to get a crystal block at this point?

Thanks,

Chuck

Whether you get 4 or 8 points, you won't get them until a week or so after the cruise. So you will get Diamond Plus recognition on the next cruise.

Regarding the crystal block, contact C&A and tell them you missed the 140 point block. You will have to know what ship you were on when you attained 140 points.

OP, you might get 4 points initially, be patient, the other 4 points will show up a couple of days later.

You won't get points until 7 days after you return.

We got a crystal block of the Harmony of the seas when we were on it last year but it is fairly heavy for weight allowance on cases so i gave ours to our cabin steward.

Hi,

I looked at my cruise history and determined that I hit the 140 point mark in January 2015 on the Brilliance of the Seas. I called the Crown & Anchor representative and requested the crystal block. He said that I should receive it within six to eight weeks.

Thanks for the information,

Chuck

You won't get points until 7 days after you return.

My point was that the OP may get only 4 points at the usual 7 day after cruise mark - the other 4 points for sailing solo may show up later, but usually there's no need to call.

My point was that the OP may get only 4 points at the usual 7 day after cruise mark - the other 4 points for sailing solo may show up later, but usually there's no need to call.

He should get them at the same time,we always have when we have stayed in JS and got double points.

He should get them at the same time,we always have when we have stayed in JS and got double points.

But if they don't (as they explained in their OP), just wait a bit.

Biker, whose solo double points took another three days to post after the initial points posted.

Biker, whose solo double points took another three days to post after the initial points posted.

Sorry we have always been a couple doing JS for double points but if that happened to you i have learned something and you must be right.

Regards.

Graham.

I have never had mine show up at different points in time. They seem to either get it right the first time or not at all. I have had to call I think twice.

I have never had mine show up at different points in time. They seem to either get it right the first time or not at all. I have had to call I think twice.

That's the experience I have had. Several times I've had to email C&A to get the extra points. The last time I got a reply containing the following:

"We are aware of the current situation of single reservations not always being reflected as such. Unfortunately, any reservations currently booked online will automatically reflect as a per passenger stateroom reservation and will not process the double Cruise Points without first being edited by an agent. We are working toward a solution for this issue and are truly sorry for the inconveniences this has caused. "

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks Carol .....I thought I understood that right! If both me and spouse traveled in separate cabins, would we both get double points

Yes you would - as long as they are not studio's. But keep in mind - you are going to pay the solo rate - which is 200% the double rate. But if the points are worth it to you - go for it!