Port of Vancouver - 7/1-2017

1b9a01cd9a4125824632baac901eb133.jpg

Hey guys.. Anyone sailing from this port this weekend, I can't caution you strongly enough to GET HERE EARLY. If you can walk, try to do so. There is a security perimeter around the port, roads are closed, and downtown is a WRECK for someone trying to get to the port this weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No problem if one takes the Skytrain to or from the airport. I am surprised that you did not mention it.
Not so fast.... check out this picture of the Cordova @ Howe intersection. Not sure you really want to do a 3 block luggage drag in this mess from the subway. The sidewalk is filled end to end.

beaa2a55760fd46731d1d7c6aaec22c2.jpg

The cruise terminal is hosting a massive street festival for the nation. It's occurring over two days with a fireworks show at 10:30pm. They can't wait for July 4th. It must be today.

The extra security is crowd control. They trying to separate the party goers from the cruisers.

646bb4665b7acbc47b5fc91c0a39d3c0.jpg

xlxo - Canadians do not celebrate the same holiday as Americans do on July 4th. Canadians celebrate Canada's Birthday on July 1st. Two different holidays - we don't celebrate anything on July 4th, nor would we jump start a celebration a few days early because "we can't wait"...... Happy Independence Day to our American neighbours on July 4th.

I hope all the passengers got to the terminal ok. The police put this notice out at 5pm:

The event venue at Canada Place has reached capacity. Please celebrate #CanadaDay [emoji1063] and watch the fireworks from another location. #VPD #Canada150

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No problem if one takes the Skytrain to or from the airport. I am surprised that you did not mention it.

igraf

It is a problem.. The sketching terminal is wall to wall people, and I stood out the corner of Howe and Canada Place for fifteen minutes waiting for a light to change and people to move.

Walking through a crowd, even with luggage in tow, is far easier than trying to drive through it.

You might even enjoy having a look at the festivities. Not sure what there is to be afraid of.

igraf

Not so fast.... check out this picture of the Cordova @ Howe intersection. Not sure you really want to do a 3 block luggage drag in this mess from the subway. The sidewalk is filled end to end.

The cruise terminal is hosting a massive street festival for the nation. It's occurring over two days with a fireworks show at 10:30pm. They can't wait for July 4th. It must be today.

The extra security is crowd control. They trying to separate the party goers from the cruisers.

I am driving into downtown this afternoon and then over to West Van so I will see for myself. Reports yesterday were all good.

XLXO - your link above does not give road closures. Try this one.... http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/canada-day-2017-vancouver-road-closures

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Forums mobile app

Edited by Lizzie68