Allure Show Reservations and Traditional Dining Times

The entertainment schedule for our November Oasis cruise had opened up. We had planned on doing traditional dining (8:00) for the first time in quite a while. I thought shows were scheduled around traditional dining times. Looking at the schedule many of the shows are scheduled for 7:30, 8:00, 8:30, or 9:00, none of which work with 8:00 dining. Even 9:30 would make it hard to get a good seat for the shows. It's almost impossible to work out a schedule if you want to go to all of the shows.

I guess I'll call and change us to MTD. Have others had this much trouble?

The entertainment schedule for our November Oasis cruise had opened up. We had planned on doing traditional dining (8:00) for the first time in quite a while. I thought shows were scheduled around traditional dining times. Looking at the schedule many of the shows are scheduled for 7:30, 8:00, 8:30, or 9:00, none of which work with 8:00 dining. Even 9:30 would make it hard to get a good seat for the shows. It's almost impossible to work out a schedule if you want to go to all of the shows.

I guess I'll call and change us to MTD. Have others had this much trouble?

Yes! We were booked for 7:15 MTD each night for our December cruise but the entertainment schedule just opened and that definitely won't work. We now have 6:00 MTD with a few 8:30 shows and 8:30 MTD for two 7:30 shows (Come Fly with Me and Frozen in Time). We are switching to RCL from DCL for this cruise and I definitely preferred the DCL consistent early/late dining and show schedule.

... We are switching to RCL from DCL for this cruise and I definitely preferred the DCL consistent early/late dining and show schedule.

Royal has that early/late show schedule tied to traditional dining times on all ships except for Oasis and Quantum class.

Yes! We were booked for 7:15 MTD each night for our December cruise but the entertainment schedule just opened and that definitely won't work. We now have 6:00 MTD with a few 8:30 shows and 8:30 MTD for two 7:30 shows (Come Fly with Me and Frozen in Time). We are switching to RCL from DCL for this cruise and I definitely preferred the DCL consistent early/late dining and show schedule.

Glad to see I'm no the only one. I have called and changed us to MTD. I had to get our friends whose reservations are linked to ours to call and get theirs changed. I should be able to schedule everything tomorrow.

How to folks that don't read CC know to do all of this?

... How to folks that don't read CC know to do all of this?

Good question. They used to publish a show schedule on the website, so people had some idea of show times, but they stopped that.

I noticed because I have MTD on my Allure cruise for September that even with MTD they won't let you book dinner and a show less than two hours apart ....if you want an 8pm dinner and an 9:30 pm show it will conflict and the show you will not be able to book

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I noticed because I have MTD on my Allure cruise for September that even with MTD they won't let you book dinner and a show less than two

hours apart ....if you want an 8pm dinner and an 9:30 pm show it will conflict and the show you will not be able to book unless it is offered earlier before your dinner

I noticed because I have MTD on my Allure cruise for September that even with MTD they won't let you book dinner and a show less than two hours apart ....if you want an 8pm dinner and an 9:30 pm show it will conflict and the show you will not be able to book

It should show the conflict and then let you override it and continue. That's how it worked for me, anyway.

Showtimes on the Oasis class ships is one of my pet peeves. If you have set time dining, it takes a lot of effort to make things work.

Even if you have MTD (which is my preference) Even after they release all of the show times and you make reservations for dinner and shows pre-cruise. They will then move around the show times. Then you have to juggle the reservations yet again.

One reason why we won't be taking a cruise next year. The late hassles are not worth it.

I learned this the hard way while trying to make my reservations online. This will be my first time cruising with Royal so things are new for me. Thank goodness for all the awesome people on CC. I have learned a lot so far.

It should show the conflict and then let you override it and continue. That's how it worked for me, anyway.

What??? We are cruising on Freedom in two weeks and there's still no schedule available!

There is no entertainment that you book on the Freedom.

That is only on Oasis class ships and Quantum class ships.

We are sailing on Allure next month and have the 8PM seating for dinner. Our shows start at 10:30 PM for Ocean Aria The Headliner and Blue Planet. Our Mamma Mia show is at 5, before dinner. I wonder why that schedule is not the same for your sailing. I can surely see how that would be a big problem!

That is why I don't make dinner reservations. I have our shows booked for our Oct Allure cruise. We will plan our MTD dinners around them. I know about what it will take us to eat and get out, so will just show up when we are ready, eat and head out to get to the show. In all the cruises we have taken, it is rare we wait more than 5 minutes for a table. I love MTD for the flexibility!

There is no entertainment that you book on the Freedom.

That is only on Oasis class ships and Quantum class ships.

Oh, thank you! Still,... I would have liked to know the show times to arrange our dining times. We have MTD.