Tickets for 18+ comedy shows?

lizzyplague

I don't know why carnival can't have the comedy shows in the main theater. Tons of seating there.

Just adjust the scheduling so that it doesn't interfere with the theatrical productions.

They always seem to hold the Bingo in there and most times that I have attended the Bingo it was mostly just the lower level (deck 3) that was utilized so move the Bingo to the lounge where the Comedy shows are and hold the Comedy show in the larger theater. Have the comedy shows running in the afternoons and not just at night if it is too hard to schedule shows and comedy into the one theater location. There always seems to be dead space somewhere in the schedule where it seems there is nothing going on except some silly seminar on buying tanzanite stones! (That was just an example)

If they cannot schedule the comedy shows in the main theater then have an online reservation available which opens up perhaps a day or 2 before sail date - to be fair to late bookings. I would HATE to have to stand in line to get a ticket and then get in line again to enter the venue. I also hate lines where everyone is trying to cut in and you are not guaranteed whatever it is you are standing in line for. (First come first served). It lends a kind of desperation to line and makes people turn cutthroat and crazy. (Line cutting, lining up way early, sneaking friends or family into the line etc)

Just my 2 cents!

I never did understand why they held the comedy in such a relatively small room when there is always such a long line of people to get in and then people standing with no seat and people being turned away because there wasn't even a spot left to squeeze somebody in standing. I've only been on 3 ships (Magic, Liberty, Valor) but it was universal among all of them that the lines were long and the venue too small.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've been yelling this from the mountaintop forever! CCL doesn't care. They claim the comedians want to work in the smaller rooms.

Screw them! They're being paid to perform. If the audience is bigger than the room, how can that benefit CCL? I almost don't bother going to the comedy shows anymore because of the hassles involved with getting into one and then getting booted out and not getting into the later show.

I haven't experienced this ticket system personally yet, but I imagine all this will do is push the lines up from the comedy club to the ticket counter. I usually plan my days out ahead of time, but I can see how this system will screw the people who might choose to go to a comedy show last-minute.

To me the solution is to change the venue of the comedy clubs when it's feasible to do so. I can see the first floor of the main theaters filling up completely for comedy shows, given the amount of people who try to get into the comedy clubs now.

I've been yelling this from the mountaintop forever! CCL doesn't care. They claim the comedians want to work in the smaller rooms.

Screw them! They're being paid to perform. If the audience is bigger than the room, how can that benefit CCL? I almost don't bother going to the comedy shows anymore because of the hassles involved with getting into one and then getting booted out and not getting into the later show.

Sorry, maybe it's not "screw them", but rather "screw you" if you don't like the small venue....if it's too much of a hassle to que up, then don't see the show and do something else.

I think the real solution is to offer more shows (re-runs even) so that all guests who want to enjoy a show can do so.

The last two cruises on the Legend, they have repeated the adult shows (not sure about the PG ones). E.g. One night the comedian had the 10:30 show and then two days later the same act was repeated at 11:15. If you check the Fun Times for the shows, there will be a title for each act. Just check and see if it the one you saw already.

Don't knock it till you experience it... I thought it worked great on the Magic last week. I went to the disco about an hour or so before show, got a ticket (I was in B group) then went to Alchemy to get a drink and listen to the band... about 20 min before showtime I went back to the disco, they started calling groups and I went in and got a seat. I had some in my group that did not get a number ahead of time, so they waited till all the letters were called and got into the show (albeit did not have the "best" seats) but they got in... I think it is way bette than standing in line form1-1.5 hours... IMO

Don't knock it till you experience it... I thought it worked great on the Magic last week. I went to the disco about an hour or so before show, got a ticket (I was in B group) then went to Alchemy to get a drink and listen to the band... about 20 min before showtime I went back to the disco, they started calling groups and I went in and got a seat. I had some in my group that did not get a number ahead of time, so they waited till all the letters were called and got into the show (albeit did not have the "best" seats) but they got in... I think it is way bette than standing in line form1-1.5 hours... IMO

Agree that's how all shows should be arranged with some type of ticket/reservation system. I have a hard time understanding how someone on a cruise ship would stand in line for 1.5 hrs waiting to see a show. What a waste of vacation time

Agree that's how all shows should be arranged with some type of ticket/reservation system. I have a hard time understanding how someone on a cruise ship would stand in line for 1.5 hrs waiting to see a show. What a waste of vacation time

Anything that alleviates THAT problem is a step in the right direction. I'm sure they will continue to make tweaks so they find a good balance.

I would love to see this as a feature on the Hub App. Open tickets for the shows like 30 min before. Then either print them at a kiosk or simply show them your ticket on the Hub App itself. For those that don't utilize the App, they can go to the ticket kiosk to obtain the them.

I would love to see this as a feature on the Hub App. Open tickets for the shows like 30 min before. Then either print them at a kiosk or simply show them your ticket on the Hub App itself. For those that don't utilize the App, they can go to the ticket kiosk to obtain the them.

on Norwegian (NCL) when you book the shows and other events either at home or onboard the ship. your room key (ship card) is your ticket. there is no printed tickets. they also have box office where you can book things or you can use the kiosks they have on the ship

once you at the theater or lounge, they scan your ship card as your ticket.

i wonder how long it take carnival to do something like this. it think it make things easier and avoids any overcrowding

Seems unnecessary. The room is pretty big and why make you run around the ship for a ticket. They could do like NCL and let you reserve on the app when you board

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

exactly, royal does this for thier bigger ships too. makes much more sence than standing in 2 lines

Since you don't know the club schedule until you are on board, it would be impossible to book in advance. One night there were no comedians, other nights there were four shows. There aren't two lines, with the ticket system we had no lines. We left the theater after the 8:15 show and headed down to the comedy club where we saw the sign at the lounge to get tickets (These were laminated cards printed with the group letter). We probably sat there for 10 - 15 minutes when they called the first group.