Can you use OBC to pay for excursions before the cruise?

caper508

Leaving in Sept on the Escape and really want to try the Rebel Yell ride to Jost Van Dyke. I would like to use by OBC to pay for it and book it soon so it doesn't sell out. Is that possible ? Have you done it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Leaving in Sept on the Escape and really want to try the Rebel Yell ride to Jost Van Dyke. I would like to use by OBC to pay for it and book it soon so it doesn't sell out. Is that possible ? Have you done it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Like the name says, On Board Credit (OBC) is credit to your account that can be applied On Board. You can't spend something now that you won't get until boarding.

Like the name says, On Board Credit (OBC) is credit to your account that can be applied On Board. You can't spend something now that you won't get until boarding.

That may be the way NCL does it, BUT Celebrity lets you use your OBC to book excursions, and dining before you go via your planner on the website. I have something planned in Sept and already was able to use

it to book a ship excursion to St John.

If you call them, they can arrange you aren't billed until on ship. That is what they do for people who get excursion credit.

This is what we do.

In fact, we figured this out when we booked and paid for an excursion we were worried would sell out.

Then we realized that we'd rather use OBC, well before the excursion.

Our PCC arranged for us to get a refund, and to be "billed" later, on the ship.

Once on the ship, we arranged to pay using the OBC.

It takes an extra step (the phone call), but works well.

Leaving in Sept on the Escape and really want to try the Rebel Yell ride to Jost Van Dyke. I would like to use by OBC to pay for it and book it soon so it doesn't sell out. Is that possible ? Have you done it? Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Shore excursions booked in advance that are not part of a promotion must be paid for at time of booking (i.e., can not use your OBC). Yes, if it is a popular excursion, it will be sold out before you get to the ship, you you have to pre-book them.

Shore excursions booked in advance that are not part of a promotion must be paid for at time of booking (i.e., can not use your OBC). Yes, if it is a popular excursion, it will be sold out before you get to the ship, you you have to pre-book them.

Our NCL PCC arranged for us to get a refund of what we had paid online, and then he switched it to "pay once on the ship", where we could use the OBC, which we did right away.

This was for a regular excursion, not any sort of "promotion".

That could not be arranged "on line", however,

I'm not sure what anyone considers a "promotion," but the shore excursion credits you can choose to receive as a "free at sea:" option specifically state that you can call to redeem:

"Shore Excursion credit can only be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard."

Located in the FAQ found here: https://www.ncl.com/cruise-deals/choice

That may be the way NCL does it, BUT Celebrity lets you use your OBC to book excursions, and dining before you go via your planner on the website. I have something planned in Sept and already was able to use

it to book a ship excursion to St John.

All well and good, but since the OP stated that they would be on the Norwegian Escape in September (not on a Celebrity ship), I don't think that information on what Celebrity does is going to help them with their issue.